Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Thats a comparison of the multiplayer demo, the final build is said to be much improved to the point it puts the 360 and ps3 on a par. I'm just rehashing what i've read, i have no intention of buying either.

*NotorietyH got there before me....*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

NotorietyH wrote: »
    That's a comparison the multiplayer demo. It's been pretty well verified a this stage that the final build of the PS3 version is vastly improved. It's been mentioned a few times on this thread already.

Not having a go at you, but this console comparison stuff gets very irritating at times. People obsessing over a couple of frames dropped, or aliasing or whatever. The games plays the same on both consoles, and basically looks the same.

And actually I did play the demo on both consoles, and you know what, I didn't notice a difference in them, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to notice a difference on the final build.

well from my own perspective, i played the pc code originally, then got the 360 retail code last week, and finally had a bash of the ps3 retail code yesterday evening at my local ebgames. the difference is definitely noticable

simply put if you have both consoles get the 360 version, if you dont and you really want the game then im sure youll survive with teh ps3 version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Gonna get the 360 version.

Anyone know who's doing good deals?
    Gamesnash.ie are €52.99, only other price I seen so far was £40 on hmv.com.
    Out Friday yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Helix wrote: »
    well from my own perspective, i played the pc code originally, then got the 360 retail code last week, and finally had a bash of the ps3 retail code yesterday evening at my local ebgames. the difference is definitely noticable

simply put if you have both consoles get the 360 version, if you dont and you really want the game then im sure youll survive with teh ps3 version

That's my point really. I played the demo on the 360, a couple of weeks later I played it on PS3 and didn't notice any glaring difference between how it looked or played. There's always slight differences between the consoles. I'm going to pick it up on PS3 probably, as I think more people I know will have it on PS3. Graphics are a secondary consideration for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm assuming there's framerate and tearing issues on the PS3 as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Played the demo was very impressed :D

justryan wrote: »
    Played the demo was very impressed :D
    Downloaded MP demo lastnight and stayed up late to play it.
    Finished downloading, booted it up and went to quick game.

"Thanks for your participation, the demo is now closed". Arrgghhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

or aliasing or whatever.
    To be fair, Aliasing is a pretty significant annoyance with console games. As for Tearing I can't say I've seen any problems on consoles with it, but I know any game I play without V-Sync on PC will occassionally result in doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just watched ign video review, they did xbox version. it looks like they loved it, but they just couldnt ressist to drop in poop in to review:

" there is some balance issues with cloaking and snipers, lets hope comminity will stick with game, and wount leave online game to die..."

seriuosly... so many games have balance issues when they come out, judging it to die just after 2 days since release?

Cod spawn location crap is still not fixed, but there are more people playing atm, then there is population in moust of the countries...

once more its a sign not to trust reviews, better of checking out gameplay videos, then judge it yourself.

i know i am being a bit of drama queen, but jesus.... stating such a stupid thing is just idiotic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played the final retail PS3 version today on the same set up (1080p 32") and the Xbox version is a bit better.

PS3 version still looks really good and runs very smoothly but it didn't have that wow factor the Xbox version had yesterday.

Fairly small differences though, i thought the PS3 version was a little darker, and had a small haze when you moved, also edges were a bit jagged, which i didn't notice on the Xbox version.

A difference but nothing massive and only really when moving. Thought the fire looked better though on PS3.

I must say this was my second play so it would naturally loose some of the wow factor from simply seeing it previously. But yesterday i was giddy playing it, it was so good looking, today not so much.

In terms of game play they are identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish they would take out the bloody cloaking thing in the multi player, i hate **** like that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

cant spot the difference tbh. wtf ign on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

just watched ign video review, they did xbox version. it looks like they loved it, but they just couldnt ressist to drop in poop in to review:

" there is some balance issues with cloaking and snipers, lets hope comminity will stick with game, and wount leave online game to die..."

seriuosly... so many games have balance issues when they come out, judging it to die just after 2 days since release?

Cod spawn location crap is still not fixed, but there are more people playing atm, then there is population in moust of the countries...

once more its a sign not to trust reviews, better of checking out gameplay videos, then judge it yourself.

i know i am being a bit of drama queen, but jesus.... stating such a stupid thing is just idiotic :D

You are being a drama queen! :p They review the game in the state it's presented to them. You seem to trust that balance issues will be resolved and that reviewer should what... not mention it? If you really trust that it's not going to be an issue, for you, simply disregard that part of the review.

If you were just referring to its lasting appeal, then the comparison to Call of Duty is still unfair. It doesn't have the mindshare CoD has. Even without day one annoyances such as multiplayer imbalance, its chances of retaining a community are far from guaranteed.
    Headshot wrote: »
    I wish they would take out the bloody cloaking thing in the multi player, i hate **** like that tbh

I think they would be crytekized ( :o ) if they didn't take such risks. Critics would accuse the game of being another 'Call of Duty' shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Notorioux wrote: »

cant spot the difference tbh. wtf ign on about?

IGN are an absolute joke, i take everything they publish with a pinch of salt. Apparently they compared the final xbox360 build to the PS3 demo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I think the cloaking and other abilites is well worked, you can stay hidden and recon the area then attack, i did find that a cloak and removable turret combo to be a killing machine , cloak , kill, cloak, kill, and so on. Collecting the tags from your dead victims is good also, stops cloaking snipers from calling in special perks

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

I got crysis 2 for PC yesterday, the game doesnt support multi gpu's or multi-monitor's which is a massive fail for a crysis game.

The stuck in lobby bug is a massive problem and most of the servers have the problem so it took me 10 servers before i got a game. I get an odd lost connection error which is annoying when u finally get a server that works. I cant believe crytek have'nt fixed theres problems since beta...

:mad: Stressed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

jackoire wrote: »
    I got crysis 2 for PC yesterday, the game doesnt support multi gpu's or multi-monitor's which is a massive fail for a crysis game.

The stuck in lobby bug is a massive problem and most of the servers have the problem so it took me 10 servers before i got a game. I get an odd lost connection error which is annoying when u finally get a server that works. I cant believe crytek have'nt fixed theres problems since beta...

:mad: Stressed :mad:

Theres a patch i think on the mycrysis.com website from the developer to solve some problems...

How it does it run compared to the beta leak/demo?

nuxxx wrote: »
    Theres a patch i think on the mycrysis.com website from the developer to solve some problems...

How it does it run compared to the beta leak/demo?

Yeah my game auto updated to 1.1 patch, its a server issue thats the problem.

Ive played it online , but it does run fine and the only issue ive come across is dual gpu issues where there is insane screen flicker. Which i fixed by running in windowed mode or disabling a gpu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-trailer-crysis-2/712021

Way to go from one of my favourite uses of music in a trailer ("the wall") to this pile of utter drivel.

• Advertisement

tman wrote: »
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-trailer-crysis-2/712021

Way to go from one of my favourite uses of music in a trailer ("the wall") to this pile of utter drivel.
    What's so bad about the game bud? It might not be best game of the years, but not that bad looking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I haven't played it yet so can't comment on the game itself, I'm just saying that's a woeful choice of music for the trailer!

tman wrote: »
    I haven't played it yet so can't comment on the game itself, I'm just saying that's a woeful choice of music for the trailer!

Was that trailer? Sorry, I thought review.

I can't watch non YouTube videos on phone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

whats the story with the pc version are they going to patch in support for directx10/11?

Grim. wrote: »
    whats the story with the pc version are they going to patch in support for directx10/11?

Its supposed to be patched in at a later date.

Is the Xbox version on sale anywhere today?

Just watched multiplayer stream on Justin.tv xbox360 version. I honestly thought it was pc until I sow xbox friend list notifications.

Looks fun. Gamestop is open from 9? Misses is of to work at 8... My car in workshop... Crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

After watching some vids.. Yes I will defo get this.. Hopefully get it tomorrow because it looks INSANE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any pc reviews ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Nice one Direct2Drive version is now unlocked, commencing download. :)

EDIT: Jebus a 950kbs download speed, better than I usually get off Steam. They certainly have upped their game from a few years ago. Still almost 3 hours so I'll be well in be well in bed by then :(

Advertisement