Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Just had a few quick games online am starting to enjoy it. Turned off motion blur, set fov to 100 and set crouch and sight toggle.

Get the crysis 2 config program.

advancedoptions12.png

Download it HERE or HERE .
    Anyways requirements:
    Crysis 2
    .Net 2.0 or higher
    Windows XP, Vista, or 7

Basic instructions:

1. Once you have unziped place anywhere you want.
    2. Delete any autoexec.cfg files found in the Crysis 2 root folder. (if you're asking what that is, don't worry about it)
    3. Delete any target commands you may have put on the shortcut as they will override the autoexec.cfg that is created
    4. Run the Crysis2AdvancedGraphicsOptions.exe
    5. Hit apply once all settings are set

*note* You do not have to start this program every time you want to play Crysis 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I picked it up last night on Steam. The SP reviews seem positive and I'm not bothered about MP.

Fired it up this morning before heading out and it ran fine, 60-80 fps at 1680 x 1050 on the Very High preset of whatever it's called. Didn't do much beyond the first checkpoint tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Sweet, my copy from ASDA arrived this morning, even though there was a 3 day delay with the despatch. Firing it up now.

Seems mad that a game like this doen't give you the options to change the graphics in it the normal way, leaving you to go through a third part application like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Played a small bit of it last night, was too late to get into it. Spent more time tweaking than playing it............ah, brings me back :pac:

Crazy how Crysis 1, the "PC Killer", had all of it's graphic functions to be fully adjusted while it's sequel just has Resolution, Fullscreen, vSync, and a choice of 3 modes.......................what the fùck, what kind of crap is this to PC Gamers?

It runs grand on my laptop but I need to do some proper tweaking after work, chop off a setting or 2 and it'll run nicely then.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Played a small bit of it last night, was too late to get into it. Spent more time tweaking than playing it............ah, brings me back :pac:

Crazy how Crysis 1, the "PC Killer", had all of it's graphic functions to be fully adjusted while it's sequel just has Resolution, Fullscreen, vSync, and a choice of 3 modes.......................what the fùck, what kind of crap is this to PC Gamers?

It runs grand on my laptop but I need to do some proper tweaking after work, chop off a setting or 2 and it'll run nicely then.

What were your first impressions like of it Duggy? I'd love to be able to pick this up today, but pay day isn't until Thursday next week :(

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »

I guess making a game product that can run well on a lot of systems (consoles included) is a better way to make a lot of money than simply for having a reputation for making stuff you can never hope to run. Yes it's dumbing down but the unwashed masses want to shoot shiny stuff in the face not worry about autoconfig files.

I'm looking forward to getting into the campaign, after some tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

DarkJager wrote: »
    What were your first impressions like of it Duggy? I'd love to be able to pick this up today, but pay day isn't until Thursday next week :(

I was running it on Gamer setting, the lowest, at 1280x720 and it still looks awesome. Bit wierd getting used to the suit considering I was used to Crysis 1's control but it didn't put me off.

Gameplay, can't really comment considering I only played a tiny bit of it with the volume low (GF was asleep :pac:) so I'm gonna start it properly today after work with some beers...............my shooting accuracy may decrease :pac:

I've read everywhere that the 1st half kind of drags but the 2nd half is supposed to be brilliant.
    5uspect wrote: »
    I guess making a game product that can run well on a lot of systems (consoles included) is a better way to make a lot of money than simply for having a reputation for making stuff you can never hope to run. Yes it's dumbing down but the unwashed masses want to shoot shiny stuff in the face not worry about autoconfig files.

Yea, but I hate games with limited graphical options. I was shocked at Crysis 2, given it's reputation. I like tweaking with games, anyways :D

After having some trouble logging into my 'mycrysis.com' account I eventually got to play it there. Gonna have to tinker around with the settings. the FOV is a bit weird for me. Getting used to the suit, already remapped the nanosuit menu to one of the thumb mouse buttons as well as the binocs to the other thumb mouse button. Much handier that way for me.

Running it on Extreme myself here GTX275 and Q6600 OC'd to 3.0GHz. No slowdown at all, but it hasn't really kicked off yet in terms of set pieces/explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just picked up pc and xbox version. installing pc version while eating a subway! profit!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Picked up the PC version this morning. Installing nao

• Advertisement

Picked up the PC version this morning. Installing nao

i race you there!

Is there a reason why I'm only getting high, very high and Extreme graphics options in the graphics settings? I assume it auto detects the settings and blocks off the other ones. Looks like I'll be using the advanced graphics options progam above.

Also, there is a new version of it out now. 1.3. Gonna try it now.
    http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12953

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B79TKI5C

I just clicked skip at the login screen. Couldn't be arsed trying to remember it.

jackoire wrote: »
    Just had a few quick games online am starting to enjoy it. Turned off motion blur, set fov to 100 and set crouch and sight toggle.

Get the crysis 2 config program.

advancedoptions12.png

Download it HERE or HERE .

do you need to do update for crysis first?

holy crap it takes ages to install :(

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

the first one took an age to install aswell! preloaded steam file clocked in at over 9Gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

hal9000 wrote: »
    the first one took an age to install aswell! preloaded steam file clocked in at over 9Gigs

hells bells, crysis 2 is a cubby little fcuker aint he.

Gotta say the AI is the first thing that I noticed, very impressive

hells bells, crysis 2 is a cubby little fcuker aint he.

Gotta say the AI is the first thing that I noticed, very impressive
    The AI in the first one was pretty damn good too. Although I did read one review recently that slated the AI for Crysis 2.
    Starting to really enjoy this now. Getting used to the new suit controls.
    holy crap it takes ages to install
    My PC was chugging very loudly when it was installing. Making all sorts of unnatural noises that don't normally come from it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

How much is the PC version selling for in the shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The AI in the first one was pretty damn good too. Although I did read one review recently that slated the AI for Crysis 2.

I've heard mention of some AI bugs (NPCs getting stuck/walking into walls/walking around in circles), but apart from that it's supposed to be fairly spot on.

Still debating whether to order this one or not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How much is the PC version selling for in the shops?

gamestop have it at 40 euro

Headshot wrote: »
    gamestop have it at 40 euro

indeed 40 for pc, 50 for xbox. i played some xbox version while waitedfor pc one to install. first achievment: "can it run crysis 2" i loled, fair play

okay, ffs that mycrisys is wreckingmy head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where do you make your nickname?! as it does not enter the game with email!

okay, ffs that mycrisys is wreckingmy head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where do you make your nickname?! as it does not enter the game with email!
    You can skip it, you only need it for multiplayer as far as I'm aware.

I went onto the mycrysis.com site and changed my password, where you'll be able to see you nickname too when you log in too. It wasnt accepting mine for a good 15 minutes, then changed the password on the site and then it worked for me.
    I have no idea why it worked though.

You can skip it, you only need it for multiplayer as far as I'm aware.

I went onto the mycrysis.com site and changed my password, where you'll be able to see you nickname too when you log in too. It wasnt accepting mine for a good 15 minutes, then changed the password on the site and then it worked for me.
    I have no idea why it worked though.

where does it shows your nickname? i cant se it ffs..... now i know why people avoid pc games, crytek with EA makes the **** out of all experience!

where does it shows your nickname? i cant se it ffs..... now i know why people avoid pc games, crytek with EA makes the **** out of all experience!
    When you log into your account on the website, you'll see your nickname up the top right. My nickname is different from my login email/details. Yours might be the same.

I log in with an email address +password. My nickname is the one that is shown when I log in.
    The website seems to be overloaded right now so it might have something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Your nickname is what you username you login with.

If you cannot make or login with a mycrysis account, create a gamespy account and you can login with that.

jackoire wrote: »
    Your nickname is what you username you login with.

If you cannot make or login with a mycrysis account, create a gamespy account and you can login with that.

nickname = login, i know. it shows me my email everywhere, it does not let me to enter a username/nickname/rapistname/incognitomark/secretname/mybananacall

to log in game it self, it asks your username, not email, wheres in website it asks username OR email.

so wait... i need now to play crysis:

EA account
    Mycrysys account
    gamespy Account

wtf were they thinking?!

Just click skip...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

indeed 40 for pc, 50 for xbox.

gamestop is consistently the most expensive for new releases. just picked this up on xbox in HMV for 44e, "Limited Edition" apparently but the extras aren't anything fantastic. Plus a money off voucher for next purchase :)

I cant wait to get home from work and play this now

Advertisement