Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Btw game spy way is not working. I got 3 accounts recovered and non of them works... And I got pc version only for multiplayer...

I got beer allready I think I will go to xboxversion in a minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,336 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ugh, 3gb mandatory install for the PS3. That's fine for you young 250gb consoles, but my old 60gb version is still hanging in there - although with limited space.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

How much is the PC version selling for in the shops?

I got it here for €22.99 Here , its EA download version.
    In gamestop its €39.99 its the limited edition where u get to lvl 5 straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Will I rename thread to "Crysis 2 49 days since leak" ?? :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Will I rename thread to "Crysis 2 49 days since leak" ?? :)

I see what you did there lol!

Anyway I am having a blast on xbox version as pc one is useless ATM.

I am impressed. On pc visuals are great with higher settings, and fps is very stable. Xbox looks fantastic too. I wouldn't see much difference unless I come to 42 inch telly and loot at it from 30 cm distance...

Graphicly outstanding! Gameplay wise awesome. Finally a proper stealth or Rambo game. Not just scripted stealth, but your tactical dessition. I know there are some stupid ai issues, glitches etc, but if you take ai in general, then its great. I have seem such chalamging ai only in fear 1.

No multiplayer experience yet, but so far I like game it self, but not what is don't with pcs version account bananza..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Mr E wrote: »
    Will I rename thread to "Crysis 2 49 52 days since leak" ?? :)

May as well go maximum pedantic. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ugh, 3gb mandatory install for the PS3. That's fine for you young 250gb consoles, but my old 60gb version is still hanging in there - although with limited space.

Heh know you feel ;-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its probably a good console game, fills a void for the lack of tactical or stealth games, but on pc its just another stoopid fookin console port.

Press enter to begin, how hard it it to have it autoselect to the menu.
    Press enter to load last save, the other Crysis games you could left click to load last save, with this i gotta hit enter, WTF :confused:
    Why would anyone need autoaim with hitboxes like that? You shoot above an ai's head or miss him completely and he dies.
    Ai is lame, with full speed you can run rings around them, they're very predictable. Then again Crysis ai has always been completely predictable, but I've seen posts saying how good they were in this game :eek:
    I'm glad I've the configurator to turn off blur.#

Its still an ok game though, I'll get 4-5 decent hours out of it, I enjoy scripted SP games. MP doesn't interest me, can't see run and gun and stealth working well together in the same game without being annoying, especially when most have autoaim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

was in town and couldnt drop 40 euro on this for the pc dont think im missing much really

• Registered Users Posts: 54,389 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing hell the graphics for the pc are just unreal, im playing everything on the highest and it just blows my mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Headshot wrote: »
    ****ing hell the graphics for the pc are just unreal, im playing everything on the highest and it just blows my mind
    No screenshots???

Overheal wrote: »
    No screenshots???

of what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

of what ?

ar u 4 real?

It does look impresive. It's very efficient coded. I was expecting my 3 year old girl to struggle even lower spec, but damm it works fine on prety high settings, steady fps, If I turn off that ****y move glare then it will be even better.

I love setting in destroyed city, thx god it's not anather jungle... I really hope there is no alien ship part of the game like in first one...

Btw finding collectables is a nightmare..

Graphics aren't that great, good for directx 9 but nowhere near the standard of the first 2 on pc.

Young fella is maxing this with no aa with a 512MB 8800gt at 1680x1050 :eek:, it struggles with any detail with the first Crysis and Warhead

No screenshots???

I presume this is okay

it's how far iv gotten (Im playing it on Veteran and its bloody hard)

Xucdi.jpg

Also whats pissing me off is when I want to play the multi player I have to keep putting in the serial number, why is that, does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

looks very flat and bland tbh

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Graphics aren't that great, good for directx 9 but nowhere near the standard of the first 2 on pc.

Young fella is maxing this with no aa with a 512MB 8800gt at 1680x1050 :eek:, it struggles with any detail with the first Crysis and Warhead

Well engine is very efficient. I better have efficient engine so u am able to play, then play on low settings and see hoe w cool it looks in screenshots of ather peoPle.

I think it looks great, it really looks great in multiplayer too.

What was the detai of first one? Lots and lot and lots vegetation. I remember settlements and houses looked like ****.

Making an industrial and city jungle like they did now was way more harder. For me it's more impresive too.

First crysis: let's copy paste this bush all over this island. That little bush will be our little secret, and if you will ever say anyone about I fill kill you!

The picture doesnt do it justice tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 27,336 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just spent two hours or so with it and if it's convinced me of anything, it's that Crytek needs to get the Predator licence. Imagine the game they could make with it. As it is, I love break out of stealth snapping some guys neck and shooting his mate before jumping up the roofs, going invisible and then dropping down to finish off those two guys who have just come to investigate the gunfire.

Awesome game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Also whats pissing me off is when I want to play the multi player I have to keep putting in the serial number, why is that, does anyone know ?

Temporary workaround

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11741

Your a legend, thanks Marco

Okay, multiplayer is awesome. Love dogtag system, like old mw2. Cool if you like collecting stuff

This the great graphics you talking about, look at the shine. There's no attention to detail in this one like in the other 2 Crysis, bland poorly textured objects, over use of blur and gloss, smoke and mirrors console tricks. The graphics on this are on a par with the first FEAR with better daylight lighting effects, the best directx 9 can do

152931.jpg

Gameplay is very good though, gotta say I'm enjoying this so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I hope you're not referring to the "shine" on the taxi as that's a reflection of the world, something that's far more expensive to do than simple specular reflection.

The comparison with FEAR 1 is simple wrong, look at Metro 2033 in DX9 mode, hardly comparable to "the best" of DX9.

Fear graphics? Jesus, fear was good game, had good graphics for it's time, but fear can't even stand near what crysis is pulling off.

I wount even argue about graphics as I love the game. It looks great for me, and if some hardcore pc gamers ego can't let go that the game went multiplatform... Well there us allways crysis 3...

I am enjoying it so far on xbox. As soon as cryteck will pull out finger with account bull**** I will give ago with pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Won't be buying this at full price if the developer isn't going to put in the effort for the PC version. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wheres dx11?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Wheres dx11?
    Coming in a patch later.
    omerin wrote: »
    Won't be buying this at full price if the developer isn't going to put in the effort for the PC version. :(
    So you want them to ship a game with three different code paths for each of the DirectX versions out there and a fully functional editor all while simultaneously developing two console SKUs, all of which have to be released at the same time?

Jesus people need to get real, you either want a simultaneous release where some features are added in after release or you get staggered release which ensures each SKU can be treated properly. Personally I'd prefer the latter but I'm quite sure they'd get a torrent of abuse if they did that too.

Oh and if you think they had enough time as is then bear in mind they had already outsourced the MP side of things to Crytek UK so it's not like they weren't already under stress.

• Advertisement

Agree gizmo.

Alot of people wount even feel difference in directx. Even more people don't even have dx11 systems.

It will come over in next patch at that 5% of gaming population will use it once or twice, and shut up about it.

Give them a brake. They are in **** allready with login issues.

Advertisement