Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah I'm getting really into it now.

I f*cking love ripping the HMG off a barrier, putting on max armour and blasting everything that moves. It's really satisfying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sp is awesome, no arguing there, but mp... It sounds fun, but something Is not working... Or people are just pure hacking, or some abuse... Or I am just getting to old.

Me and my friend went for a game late night, we played crysis a few games then he said, what I was thinking " bad company?".

So the rest of the night we spent playing bc2 squad deathmatch, and he'll how fun that was, in few rounds we completely destroyed village in coldwar map :). We laughed, we ran and screamed like little girls when tank arrived to the house we were fortified.

Good times....

I will give a go to crysis again, but now it's just so weird in multiplayer, I just get nerdrage...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Helix wrote: »
    had been playing on unfinished pc code for the last while, and really didnt think much of it, but it looks like the finished 360 version has really upped the ante. havent had much hands on with it yet, but plan to get right stuck in tonight

And how did you get "unfinished pc code"?

Anyways the MP seemed interesting, bought the game but it keeps asking the MP code which i already entered, its a bug and theres no patch to fix it atm. Which is a massive dissapointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Multiplayer has been a bit hit and miss for me so far. Played a couple of games last night at around 9 and they were surprisingly smooth. Played a few more after 1 though and the game turned to complete ****. Was getting the drop on loads of guys and emptying entire clips in them only for them to turn round and 2 shot kill me. So frustrating. Game has been pretty smooth for me tonight though, hopefully it remains that way as it's a ton of fun when it's not laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,349 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gizmo wrote: »
    Well given that, from the Steam Survey stats above, only 5.6% of gamers have DX11 enabled systems
    19.23% isnt it?

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Completed it in 8 hours and I really enjoyed it. Top marks for single-player campaign bar the AI and Technical Reccomendations I mentioned earlier.

I ignored the perks you can "purchse" and how to scope out an area and did it my way. Very challenging game but it's nice to play a "big" game that has a SP campaign that's not just a linear and short piece of shìte.

I'm suprised my laptop played this so well at medium settings, even at the lowest settings it looks good which says something about Crytek 3 engine. Soundtrack really beefs up the atmosphere, too.
    Pity the cloaking enemies you meet at the end weren't in the game earlier, they really would have been a spanner in the works for dodging massive enemy areas.

Couldn't care less about the multiplayer but as a SP game it's entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Did anyone find the characters talking over each other when you trigger two talking points, very annoying. The story was completely lost to me because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sp is awesome, no arguing there, but mp... It sounds fun, but something Is not working... Or people are just pure hacking, or some abuse... Or I am just getting to old.

Takes a while to get decent at it, just cloak in open areas and rechange behind points people cant see you. Switch off cloak and enable armor mode when your going to shoot cause it drains you energy. Once you get used to switching in the right situations you`ll get a really high kill to death ratio. Practice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very tempted to get this,anyone playing it on the ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Back playing this today, gameplay in SP is very decent, its actually a much better game than the first 2 Crysis'. Its very tactical and stealthy, I'm loving it. Finding it tough on hardest difficulty, the checkpoint system makes it very hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Overheal wrote: »
    Quite right actually, the front page which says the stats are from the Feb '11 survey are from May '09 to '10. :o

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just finished it.

Very good. As I said before the level design is not quite as open as the orginal Crysis but its still more open than 90% of shooters on the market, that the core gameplay remains largely unchanged. The levels have enough width and ledges and underpasses to allow a wide spectrum of tactics to be employed. Enemy count is similar to Crysis Warhead as opposed to the slower paced orginal.

The Nano suit at the start of the game is inferior to the suit in the first games but after a few upgrades its on par. Stength option is much improved, with high jumps and dash jumps working alot better than the orginals. Speed mode is gone. Stealth works the same. Armor mode needs an upgrade before its really effective.

Alot more weapons in Crysis 2, although alot of them sever the same purpose. The lean system is okay, but occasionally doesn't work right and prefer the manual system in Crysis 1. The loss of prone is a minor thing but there was at least 2 or 3 occasions it would of saved my hide and avoided a frustating return to the last checkpoint.

A.I is generally quite good. Did notice a few times where they got stuck running into walls but on the whole they where quite decent.

Game is generally managable on the hardest difficulty level. But there is several difficult spikes sprinkled through out the game. Took me many go's to get by them.

First hour or two are pretty bland, but from there on in keeps ramping the spectacle up and up. Lots of pretty spectacular scenes.

Graphics are very good but inferior to the orginal. The main gripe I would have is the heavy blue fog that saturates the view distance.

Audio is very good, but sound effects and the score.

Story is average. Awful cliffhanger ending again. Very little in the way of a connection to the orginal game.

Overall very good. 8.5/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Anyone with the PC version - what's the miltiplayer like ? Easy enough to connect too servers and find games and all that stuff ?
    It doesn't use that gamespy crap at all does it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 54,385 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

for a newbie like myself can some explain DirectX and can my computer do it

Omg, I don't understand why the feck am I comIng back to mp... Here again was bull**** moment which just made me to ragequit. I ran to sniper sitting in stealth. I smacked him 3 times. Then he just turned and slapped me. I died. Sorry but this was bull**** moment of century. He had no armour on, he was in stealth. I hit him first. He just turns and slaps me....

I want to love this game but ffs... Sorry for rant, just everytime I get encouragement in this thread I am going back to fight, untill I get those bull**** moments.

Lag is just stupid too. In one situation I got pinned with 3 enemy soldiers. I just sprayed machine gun, they were just teleporting in small distances. U don't know why but I killed all 3 by pyre luck I guess, but it was so obvious that connection is like an additional enemy you need to fight!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I can't anwser that question without knowing what the graphics card in your PC is. Its highly probably that your computer supports at least DX9. If you game on your PC at all you probably already have it installed.

Your required to have a graphics card that supports DX 11 and your operating system must be Windows Vista or Windows 7.

You also must have the Direct X Software installed on your PC. Pretty much ever PC game installs DX anyway.

Here is the link to install the DX software.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

For a detailed explaination of what Direct X is, here is the wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

Nearly all modern PC's can run DX 9, its pretty much the defacto standard on PC and on consoles. Windows XP can run DX 9 and below but not 10 and 11.

Newer PC's with graphics cards made from around 2007 generally support DX 10 and graphics card from last year onwards also support DX11.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

DirectX is a software API used to make games etc. Rather than code everything from scratch directx provides libraries for achieving common things such as shaders and other effects.

Directx 11 like 10 before it supports new things like tessellation.
    tessellation4.jpg
    Which lets the GPU increase the polycount without a major performance hit.

Here is some GFX pr0n:

Your GTX 570 can support DX11. Typically new cards need specific hardware changes to support new DirectX features so you can't get dx11 on an old dx9 card or dx9 on an old dx7 card...

The xbox is a dx9 machine while the PS3 uses OpenGL, an alternative to directx.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,385 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ya the graphic card is in the link in my previous post, Azza

but thanks for the help Azza and 5uspect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Anyone with the PC version - what's the miltiplayer like ? Easy enough to connect too servers and find games and all that stuff ?
    It doesn't use that gamespy crap at all does it ?

The MP is fun IF you can get onto a server but 80% of the time Iv gotten a server disconnect message. Sadly it uses gamespy and there does seem to be alot of aimbot cheaters running around out there :(

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    The MP is fun IF you can get onto a server but 80% of the time Iv gotten a server disconnect message. Sadly it uses gamespy and there does seem to be alot of aimbot cheaters running around out there :(

Are those aimbots possible on xbox version?

Newer heard anything good about Gamespy... When I see Gamespy emblem, I allways know it will be horrible..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Finished the single player on Super Soldier difficulty, Its not that hard, I would suggest doing it.

Decent game, Much better than the first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Got around to playing multiplayer today (ps3) and it's much much smoother than the demo they put out.

I'm actually getting really into the MP. Choosing the right moments to cloak and use armour gives it a nice new edge. Feels very balanced and enjoyable, for me anyway.

Haven't had any connection problems at all. I do notice that the solo (no squads) game type and one other one that I can't remember the name of seem pretty desolate though. Looks like most people are playing on standard

MP is buggy.

First time i connect it asked for the MP key i entered it joined a server it said key in use, so i quit the game angry and came back later. It connected me and i played fro a bit with no other problems.

The next day i tried again it asked for the MP again i quit angry again, true story!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There's a workaround for MP forgetting your key.
    http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11741

Ive a DX10.1 card, and the number of games to fully use it that ive played remains it at about 2;
    Age of Conan
    Lord of the rings

And both of those didnt really need too. Ive no intention of upgrading to DX11, i cant afford it and well there just no reason too anymore. A few years ago games like Crysis made you want to upgrade, theres just no games like that anymore. And while Crysis 2 runs great which most people are surprised at, remember how hard it was to get Crysis or Farcry running good.

I bought my current GFX card to play Crysis, heck i upgraded when Farcry came out. I Quickly Learned that DX 10 is a joke and so is DX 11.

Unless, EA and Dice can deliver Battlefield 3 to be as awesome as they have claimed so far then us PC gamers are stuck with console ports.

The only games curently worth upgrading for is either;
    ARMA 2
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Consider if your a PC gamer how many fantastic games there was to choose from over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,349 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Scram wrote: »
    Ive a DX10.1 card, and the number of games to fully use it that ive played remains it at about 2;
    Age of Conan
    Lord of the rings

And both of those didnt really need too. Ive no intention of upgrading to DX11, i cant afford it and well there just no reason too anymore. A few years ago games like Crysis made you want to upgrade, theres just no games like that anymore. And while Crysis 2 runs great which most people are surprised at, remember how hard it was to get Crysis or Farcry running good.

I bought my current GFX card to play Crysis, heck i upgraded when Farcry came out. I Quickly Learned that DX 10 is a joke and so is DX 11.

Unless, EA and Dice can deliver Battlefield 3 to be as awesome as they have claimed so far then us PC gamers are stuck with console ports.

The only games curently worth upgrading for is either;
    ARMA 2

Consider if your a PC gamer how many fantastic games there was to choose from over the years.
    Bioshock
    Crysis (apparently)
    Eve Online
    Flight Simulator X
    Global Agenda
    Hellgate London
    Lost Planet
    Metro 2033
    Red Faction: Guerrilla
    Shattered Horizon
    HAWX
    Dawn of War 2
    World in Conflict

all games which I have run and played that use DX10, and props to WoW for skipping 10 and getting support straight for 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The two Call of Juarez games used DX10 to good effect as well (I'm quite enjoying bound in blood at the moment), Crysis Warhead too

Until you've seen a game running in DX11 mode with all the bells and whistles (Metro 2033) I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it!

The Witcher 2 is another worthy reason to upgrade imo, not even a whiff of "console port" about that one which is a refreshing change for once!

Bioshock
    Crysis (apparently)
    Eve Online
    Flight Simulator X
    Global Agenda
    Hellgate London
    Lost Planet
    Metro 2033
    Shattered Horizon
    HAWX
    Dawn of War 2
    World in Conflict

all games which I have run and played that use DX10, and props to WoW for skipping 10 and getting support straight for 11.

Wasn't he on about dx10.1? Which was a joke in the first place. My gfx supports dx10, i tryed it on crysis 1. To be honest it was not ground breaking experience... A bit fancier allright, but making so much noise about it?

So far it looks decent on dx9. I can play it on 3 year old machine which is even better...

I think people forgot the times when you were looking at the bak of tje game and prayed that your pc would be able to run it atleast on 10 fps with minimum graphics... I remember those times... I don't want them to come back...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bioshock
    Crysis (apparently)
    Eve Online
    Flight Simulator X
    Global Agenda
    Hellgate London
    Lost Planet
    Metro 2033
    Shattered Horizon
    HAWX
    Dawn of War 2
    World in Conflict

Here's the full directx 10 list:

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
    Anno 1404
    Assassin's Creed
    BattleForge
    BioShock
    BioShock 2
    Blue Mars
    Call of Juarez
    Civilization V
    Company of Heroes