Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Wasn't he on about dx10.1? Which was a joke in the first place. My gfx supports dx10, i tryed it on crysis 1. To be honest it was not ground breaking experience... A bit fancier allright, but making so much noise about it?

So far it looks decent on dx9. I can play it on 3 year old machine which is even better...

I think people forgot the times when you were looking at the bak of tje game and prayed that your pc would be able to run it atleast on 10 fps with minimum graphics... I remember those times... I don't want them to come back...

DX10.1 didn't really add much new, but did make it mandatory for a couple of features and image quality standards, such as 4xAA. It also added parallel cube mapping and 32bit FP operations.

10.1 also introduced 'feature levels' which means dx10.1 can run on dx10 hardware that supports certain 10.1 features - this is also included in dx11, hence you can run dx11 on 10/10.1 hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

The single palyer in this is really pretty good. Its not as good as the original, and i hate how ****ing scripted loads of it is, but the core gameplay is still there. I mean the amount of time youre forced to holster your weapon and move at a slow walking pace and watch ****ing cut scenes has probably increased about 99% from the original. But all that ****e aside, it looks gorgeous, and palys well. Theres alot of bugs, the AI is ****ing retarded, and **** like power kicking a car has only come in handy like once, but tis still a good game. Crysis is still leagues ahead tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did they release the patch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Headshot wrote: »
    Did they release the patch ?
    Not that I can tell. Doesn't update when I launch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

They better sort out login and account servers then making dx11 patch...

• Advertisement

In the mean time, here's and updated version of the advanced graphics settings app that was posted earlier. v1.3 Works a charm for me. Gonna try out the version 1.6 now.
    http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12953

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

They better sort out login and account servers then making dx11 patch...

They would have a completely different team dedicated to working on the core CE3 engine features like the DX11 renderer, so it would in no way affect the timeline for the other issues gettting fixed. (In fact the multiplayer part was even developed by an entirely seperate studio, Crytek UK)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm just after the point **major spoiler*
    where you get captured and Gould gets taken away - supposed to head towards an alien spire now?

Can anyone who's finished it give me an idea of how much I have left to go in the SP? Fantastic game though, so refreshing to get an FPS on consoles which you give a wide open area and forces you to think of tactics instead of just going rambo. Some parts of it have actually reminded me of the original Far Cry on the PC. And is it just me or are the
    ceph grunts
    extremely weak against melee attacks? The MGH as well just seems to rip through them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Seems more and more likely rumors of a DX11 patch being released today is just that, it appears to have spread from a Twitter from one of the head Crytek graphical engineers (Thiago Souza) stating that they are working hard on DX11 and that it is on the way (he definately did not specified any timeline though)

On the PC according to a moderator on mycrysis there will be a patch later on in the the week, at the very least addressing the main multiplayer issues login / security etc (apparently pirated copies can play online :rolleyes:).
    DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm just after the point **major spoiler*
    where you get captured and Gould gets taken away - supposed to head towards an alien spire now?

Can anyone who's finished it give me an idea of how much I have left to go in the SP? Fantastic game though, so refreshing to get an FPS on consoles which you give a wide open area and forces you to think of tactics instead of just going rambo. Some parts of it have actually reminded me of the original Far Cry on the PC. And is it just me or are the
    ceph grunts
    extremely weak against melee attacks? The MGH as well just seems to rip through them.

Maybe halfway or thereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Venom wrote: »
    The MP is fun IF you can get onto a server but 80% of the time Iv gotten a server disconnect message. Sadly it uses gamespy and there does seem to be alot of aimbot cheaters running around out there :(

Cheers for that. Have been reading around a bit on other forums too, think I'll take a pass on this one for now anyway.

Something a bit odd too, it's more expensive to buy on steam than it is direct from EA's download manager :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I started to play some of this on XBox last Friday night and I'm really impressed with the single player - a lot more so than I expected to be. I also lol'd heartily at the 10G Achievement "Can it run Crysis" which did more to endear me to this title than anything else. I wasn't exactly looking forward to Crysis 2 having seen the multiplayer demo and had it pegged as "another modern day console FPS game" but having had at it for some time on Friday evening with a friend, we were both very impressed with the story and the pace. There seemed to be less obvious "stealthy" opportunities than the first game, but that might just have been us :D However, the polish and tweaking to the armour's behaviour is excellent - your cloak lasts more than 5 seconds if you move so you don't get as fried trying to be stealthy early on in the game. The weapon configuration options are there too and since my friend had never played the first, this was one of the coolest things he's seen in an FPS. The ability to upgrade armour too is a pretty easy to manage interface.

Overall, I'm happier with this game that I expected to be which is always a pleasant surprise :) Looking forward to getting stuck back into it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

im really enjoying the single player, its been awhile since any FPS grabbed me like this has, loving the K-Volt and MIKE :D

For anyone with the PC version...

http://wasdie.blogspot.com/2011/03/crysis-2-advanced-video-options-version.html

^^ Just came across that, apologies if it's been posted already.
    It's an advanced video options tool for Crysis 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Doesnt work properly for me in SP, will have to mess around with it. For anyone whos used it, did extreme settings take alot of FPS away?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Have been reading around a bit on other forums too, think I'll take a pass on this one for now anyway.

Something a bit odd too, it's more expensive to buy on steam than it is direct from EA's download manager :confused:

Not odd, its made by EA/Crytek - Steam have to add on their own margin for a profit.

Not odd, its made by EA/Crytek - Steam have to add on their own margin for a profit.

Of course, I understand that, but 25% is a bit over the top.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Doesnt work properly for me in SP, will have to mess around with it. For anyone whos used it, did extreme settings take alot of FPS away?
    Been using it since launch pretty much. No problems here. No drop in fps. Have previously used v1.3, and now using v1.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Cool, will grab that later!
    I think have my video settings as 1900x1200 and Extreme and I have had no problems yet.

Got the game on Saturday.

It feels a little clunky switching straight from playing TF2 / Black Ops.
    The keyboard controls, jumping seemed like there was a delay before actually leaving the ground!

Also, jumping onto builds feels a bit too consoley - I dislike the way it keeps going to the animation where you see your arms pulling yourself up.

In general, I'm not getting the same enjoyment out of it as I got from the original, but I haven't played it enough yet!

Of course, I understand that, but 25% is a bit over the top.
    Steam has not had even moderately competitive priced games at launch for a long time. Has been like that for two years (since the Euro currency was introduced onto the Steam store). About 1 game in 20 released via Steam has the usual (brick and mortar) price of €40 (and it's usually Capcom games). Otherwise, it's €50. Take it or leave it. Personally, I leave it at that price.

Steam is terribly priced for new games, but once they are on sale, no one can resist them.

So, do we all think that the rumoured patch for DX11 arriving today is just a load of bull?

edit:looks like some of the Crytek staff/mods are locking threads about the patch, saying that they are spreading inaccurate information. Seems fair to say, it aint coming today.

What would the "autoexec.cfg" look like, are they called that or another name. I cant find them tbh

• Advertisement

What would the "autoexec.cfg" look like, are they called that or another name. I cant find them tbh
    Looks like a text document with a little cog on it. If you cant find it then it most likely isn't in there. If you are using the tool for the first time, then there might not be a and autoexec file. I'm fairly sure there wasn't one there before I used the tool. At least I didn't see it. But once you use the tool, one should appear in the programs/Electronicarts/Crytek/crysis2 folder.

Looks like a text document with a little cog on it. If you cant find it then it most likely isn't in there. If you are using the tool for the first time, then there might not be a and autoexec file. I'm fairly sure there wasn't one there before I used the tool. At least I didn't see it. But once you use the tool, one should appear in the programs/Electronicarts/Crytek/crysis2 folder.

When I use the advance graphics program the txt file and cfg file is created in the desktop, should I move them to the crysis folder ?

When I use the advance graphics program the txt file and cfg file is created in the desktop, should I move them to the crysis folder ?
    Wouldnt know why it's doing that. By any chance did you extract the files to your desktop? I extracted them into a folder on my desktop. Might be why it isnt working for you.
    Moving/copying the autoexec to the crysis 2 root folder might work for you. I cant see why not. An identical autoexec file exists in the folder on my desktop as well as in the Crysis2 folder.

Wouldnt know why it's doing that. By any chance did you extract the files to your desktop? I extracted them into a folder on my desktop. Might be why it isnt working for you.
    Moving/copying the autoexec to the crysis 2 root folder might work for you. I cant see why not. An identical autoexec file exists in the folder on my desktop as well as in the Crysis2 folder.

yap that's what i did

When you mean root folder do you mean, just leave it in here
    PJoq1.png

or go into another individual folder ?

Yup. Just drop it in there. Should work for you now?

Yup. Just drop it in there. Should work for you now?

Ya I think its working

thanks alot mate, really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The ones who play with xbox, how's your connection?

I am allmoust allways in red and yellow...

I got in to game where I sow moustly Irish lads playing, and it was not too bad, but anything else is just bad...

It's more a fight with connection then opponents :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone know where is cheapest to pick this up on 360? Physical shop if possible..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anyone know where is cheapest to pick this up on 360? Physical shop if possible..

€45 in HMV for Limited Edition. Also got a €2 voucher for next purchase but this may have been on Friday only.

Back to the game itself 4 solid days in to it and it is still amazing me. An incredible FPS and long overdue. I think as much as I love COD, its going to feel very restricted when compared to this game.
    Just at the point where I'm assisting the marines and its been non stop action from the start (about 10 hours in now and just over half way done). The set pieces have been great (loved the tidal wave :D) and its the first title in a while that has driven me forward and forward without me losing any interest in it. A thinking mans FPS that has been badly needed on the 360

Inferior titles like MOH and Homefront should take a good look at how you balance out a single player mode with the multiplayer, without conning and cheating solo gamers into buying your title. I have a feeling this is going to be my benchmark for any future FPS titles that come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Look we can talk around in circles about Direct X11, console ports, joypads v keyboard and mouse but there's one crucial thing that everyone's missing. This game lets you be The Predator.

Advertisement