Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I think the core gameplay remains largely intact in Crysis 2. Yes the levels aren't as wide, but you still have enough width and vantage points to apply a wide spectrum of tactics. You also have more options with the suit (eventually) and a wider selection of guns. It isn't as open as Crysis was.

I failed to noticed reused graphics assets at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Azza wrote: »
    I think the core gameplay remains largely intact in Crysis 2. Yes the levels aren't as wide, but you still have enough width and vantage points to apply a wide spectrum of tactics. You also have more options with the suit (eventually) and a wider selection of guns. It isn't as open for Crysis.

I failed to noticed resued graphics assets at all.

I know people are moaning about not being so open then first one.

I prefer it be more closed and better thought out. Then have kilometres of jungle with feck all to do in it..

Single player is really good, if not save system...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There was gaps between firefights in Crysis 1 where you have to trek very briefly through the jungle to get to the next one.

But I didn't mind this. At all. The treks where very brief. Not like I got bored in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Azza wrote: »
    There was gaps between firefights in Crysis 1 where you have to trek very briefly through the jungle to get to the next one.

But I didn't mind this. At all. The treks where very brief. Not like I got bored in between.
    And when not admiring the scenery I'd say 90% of players did one thing during these gaps...

MAXIMUM SPEED.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Finished it just there. I must say i did enjoy it, not as much as i did the original cyrsis, but we went from nothing to DX10 with Crysis so that Awe factor really helped that game.

Though I can see how Crysis2 'dumbed down' a tad by making it more linear with less exploring, also i missed speed and strength.

But still over all it was worth the money, which is rarely the case with most games these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

omerin wrote: »
    Won't be buying this at full price if the developer isn't going to put in the effort for the PC version. :(

Have to correct myself on this post. My opinion had been formed on people who had posted on this thread, playing some of the leaked version and the fact that it didn't come out with DX11. Had the opportunity today to play the SP and it was very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is not "Strength" in this one ?

But yet I recieved gameplay tips in Crysis2, to use strength to increase your power and accuracy with weapons !? (like in Crysis1) ...are they referrring to armour now ?

Oh and the cutscene above, LOL, what an idiot ! shoot him in the face...the FFACCEEE, he has no armour there clown !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Power is now accessed by holding down melee, default V, to perform a power melee. Speed is effectively gone and is just an ordinary sprint. The maximum speed mode and maximum strength are gone as standard modes.

I can now hold my breath while sniping, by using the sprint key, just like every other shooter. Dunno how/which perk unlocked it.

Also, the mods you can purchase, they could have been a lot better. I have no real use for any of them in truth

omerin wrote: »
    Have to correct myself on this post. My opinion had been formed on people who had posted on this thread, playing some of the leaked version and the fact that it didn't come out with DX11. Had the opportunity today to play the SP and it was very impressive.

Fair play lad.

In my opinion it looks very very impressive, even if it's dx9 game. I don't even care it dx9, I am just happy I got ability to play Crysis 2 maxes our and with very good fps.

I wowed yesterday Playing multiplayer... Was playing that mode with crash pods. I heard alien ship near me, so I looked up. It was throwing a pod, but his position was perfectly aligned on sun... The sun beems and all the effects made me drop my jaw... And then got me sodomised in the back while I was admiring the view...

It's a good game. Newer ever trust people opinion on forums like this, as everyone got they're own definition of bad and good, which can be different from your own.

Just go and play damn game lol!

P.s. Anyone noticed annoying fast strafing to sides in multiplayer by high rank players? I was bum raped on some Russian server yesterday. Could not even clip them, as they used that technice like crazy!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The 1.2 patch has arrived, can't see any release notes yet though.

EDIT:
    List of changes
    • Further improved anti-cheat measures
    • Fix for spurious characters appearing when initiating text chat
    • Fix for Chatlog doesn't disappear after kill cam
    • Fixed occasional login issues
    • Changed VOIP defaults
    • Fixed some UI aspect issues on multiple monitors
    • Added option for crouch toggle in MP & SP
    • Fixed a bug where players lost Nano Catalyst points after restarting the game
    • Filter settings in server browser are now retained
    • Default player count required to start a game from the lobby lowered to 4
    • Fixed issue related to “Deleting Reference Counted Object Twice” error that appeared for some users with strict router/firewall settings
    • Fixed issue of not being able to melee after dying
    • Fixed issue where some video cards were being stated as unsupported

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not this?
    List of changes
    • Further improved anti-cheat measures
    • Fix for spurious characters appearing when initiating text chat
    • Fix for Chatlog doesn't disappear after kill cam
    • Fixed occasional login issues
    • Changed VOIP defaults
    • Fixed some UI aspect issues on multiple monitors
    • Added option for crouch toggle in MP & SP
    • Fixed a bug where players lost Nano Catalyst points after restarting the game
    • Filter settings in server browser are now retained
    • Default player count required to start a game from the lobby lowered to 4
    • Fixed issue related to “Deleting Reference Counted Object Twice” error that appeared for some users with strict router/firewall settings
    • Fixed issue of not being able to melee after dying
    • Fixed issue where some video cards were being stated as unsupported
    • DirectX11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

It's a pitty they didn't do anything about the AI path-finding.
    It really takes away from the single player experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Finished this mix feelings

Positives

-Even though its "only" DX9 the game does look fantasic on hardcore at 1080p
    -The game runs extremly well on alot of systems ( This is argued by the point its only a console port )
    -The gameplay is generally excellent
    -Parts of the game can be challenging, you need to play tactically
    -There are several ways to take on certain situations
    -SP is not a short play through
    -Excellent Alien animation

Negatives

-I kept getting reload bugs at ammo crates, this was really frustrating as the sniper rifle was my main gun and I had to stop using it
    -Its been stated already but the save system is extremly poor and frustrating
    -Had major sound issues in alot of places, People talking to me I could see there display but no audio
    -Expected the game to crush my system and DX11 support ( I know im slightly contradicting myself here )
    -MP is extremly bugged but hopefully the patch sorts that out
    -Cut scenes where blue prints? Get shown and voice talking over it, hadent got a clue what they meant to achieve there
    -Terrible voice acting/"Cut scenes"
    -Never truly felt like i was walking around a big city ( Hard to explain but just felt way too linear )
    - Lack of editor ( Had alot of fun with this in the previous games )
    - Sequences of gameplay where you needed to tap certain keys to move/grab something, I really didnt see the point in this, added nothing for me
    -Never felt any connection with the people in the game, nor with my character
    - 2nd half of the game is extremly dull and dark compared to the first half
    -AI was terrible in places, kept getting stuck against walls
    -Thought using vechicles could have been implemented alot better
    -Was really frustrated and bored towards the end of the game, the storyline made no sence and the connection with the first games was not there. I think for the most part the fact I didnt have a clue what was going on cause this to happen
    -Parts of the game I wasnt allowed to go backwards, i.e to restock my ammo before moving on

Probably being harsh with my thoughts but I cant say i enjoyed the SP, but im sure alot of people will. Each to there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Having finished the game I can say that I enjoyed it. It was definitely nice to have a sp campaign that I actually wanted to finish. Kept coming back to it day after day ( unlike killzone 3).

1 major problem tho is the ai some times can get stuck on stupid objects.

Or In. I had an alien stuck inside a wall :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really hate the multi player if im being honest
    From the hacking to the invisibility I just cant play it

Especially the invisibility really is an annoyance. I think it would be a good bit better without the invisibility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Headshot wrote: »
    Especially the invisibility really is an annoyance. I think it would be a good bit better without the invisibility

Im thinking the same but ive started turning on the heat sensor vision and i can spot them in certain circumstances. And whats the story with these stupid random headshots, getting killing by someone on the other side of the map by the scar, in the killcam i can barely see myself not to mind someone acing a headshot on a moving target. Match making needs to be improved also, low ranks with minimum abilties shouldnt be up against the high ranks who have near all abilities

Well I was frustrated as he'll when I started Crysis 2 multiplayer. Now I finally getting hang of it.

Made myself a very sweet set up. Which involves huge amount of movement.

Two things I learned now:

1. Movement is a saver, even if you sprint with no invisibility, it's still bigger chances to survive then being slow and invisible.
    I made a set up of sub machine-gun with silencer and extended mag. 1 module - getting energy for kills. 2 module - improved invis. 3 - less energy used while sprinting and jumping.
    2. Bad company spoiled me for shotguns... Shotguns in Crysis are **** **** ****, with **** **** souce on the side...

I cam honestly say that multiplayer is very very hard in Crysis. For a newcomer it's extremely hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anyone else having problems playing online (ps3)? I'm looking at waiting at least 10 to 15 minutes between games while the computer hunts for enough players to play a match.

• Advertisement

Notorious wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems playing online (ps3)? I'm looking at waiting at least 10 to 15 minutes between games while the computer hunts for enough players to play a match.

Depends on mod you play. I go normal team deathmatch and get instantly ( almost ) . If I want to play something more exotic - wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I thought the SP was average. Most of it was fairly boring, looking back I can't think of many bits I want to play again. It didn't build up properly, it was kind of all over the place and then suddenly its over. Found the end very anti-climatic.

With Crysis, even though the single player wasn't that strong either, I often went back and just had a laugh blowing up the supports of guard towers with a guy up above, crashing into things or setting up traps/bombs. None of that here really.

A lot of the cut scenes were pre-rendered at an awful low resolution and using terrible video compression. All the blue-printy bits, and even the end sequence, rubbish looking.

Havent really played the MP, but the few times I did, I couldn't find any servers with a decent ping (PC).

I finally got a hang of multiplayer. Got amazing set up! One match I got 16:0!!! I could not believe it!!!

It's sooo much fun, when you learn to use clock sprint and armour properly!

I even got invite for trials for clan lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

With Crysis, even though the single player wasn't that strong either, I often went back and just had a laugh blowing up the supports of guard towers with a guy up above, crashing into things or setting up traps/bombs. None of that here really.
    (PC).

That was great craic, used to mess about placing loads of bombs on jeeps and blowing them sky high, also just replaying old saves and using different weapons on enemys and mucking about with the physics.
    Real shame this game isn't a patch on the original, i have no interest in replaying the single player.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Took my first dip into Multiplayer last night and it wasn't bad. I somehow managed to top my team in my second game having unlocked the LMG class. I love the extra DAKKA of big guns in games :) Looking forward to giving it a bit more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just got the game last night. Have only really played the MP. Finding it excellent so far though in fairness. Really great variety in the online. a pleasant change so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

One of the most important modules to have equipped ( IMO )is the retriever. This automatically collects the dog tags for you, and once upgraded to the second lvl you need 1 less tag you use the perk, im also using blind spot ( wont appear on enemy radar when they call one in ) and that alert module that lets you know if any enemy is around by making a pinging noise ( upgrade 2 makes a more distinct noise, didnt do much on first lvl).

Think the multiplayer is fantastic, love the skyline and light house maps . Got my first road rage skill kill last night and it was a lovely kill. The guy came running up all guns blazing, i turned my armour on and noticed he was behind a car. I kicked it and it blew him back and the both of them went flying out onto the street from the second floor ( it was the car park map). The killcam must have looked great :) .

Might leave the storymode alone for a while. I rather the ai to shoot back rather than just give up and prefer to be killed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just started playing this on the pc, somehow my computer has managed the highest graphics settings and im also using a 40" tv and surround for it. It looks and sounds unbelieveable!! Enjoying the sp atm, not too far in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Took them long enough but the DirectX 11 patch has been "officially" announced. Still no timeframe but at least we won't have to put up with the "we haven't said anything yet" press releases like we've had over the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

tonydude wrote: »
    Might leave the storymode alone for a while. I rather the ai to shoot back rather than just give up and prefer to be killed.

Not sure what system you are playing it on man, but I got a new update for it last night when I logged in to Xbox Live. Since that update, the enemies have been scarily good and I've yet to see one doing the stupid stuff of getting stuck in walls or trying to walk through scenery. Seems it has definitely fixed the A.I problems I've been seeing since purchase.

Advertisement