Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

DarkJager wrote: »
    Not sure what system you are playing it on man, but I got a new update for it last night when I logged in to Xbox Live. Since that update, the enemies have been scarily good and I've yet to see one doing the stupid stuff of getting stuck in walls or trying to walk through scenery. Seems it has definitely fixed the A.I problems I've been seeing since purchase.

On the ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

WTF is up with this game?

I'm trying hard to like it and for the most part it's pretty good. I'm enjoying the journey through New York,the scenery is pretty sweet the soundtrack is savage through my headset,in fact i'm listening to the pause menu music as i type this.

But, and this is a big fcukin But.

How am i supposed to plan an assault on an area if my fcuking stealth camo doesn't work?

This is where I'm at at the moment and it's fcuking bullsh1t

Wall street.
    I'm making my towards the deep scan cradle(or some such sh1t)
    I come out into the area at a high vantage point,do my scan then drop down onto a glass roof whilst using my armor(btw the glass crunching under my weight is a cool piece of audio)

Over to my left i another building with amongst other enemies a sniper and a sniping point. ( Know where i am?)
    So,Stealth on, jump across, land with at least 4 bars of energy left and slip in under the platform in front of me undetected........Except i'm not undetected.....ever..Everytime i do this the frickin flare goes up and the goddamn APC rolls in with support.

Now don't get me wrong i know this is an action game and i know it's not supposed to be played with stealth on the whole time, but it would be nice if it worked when i want it to.
    It would be nice if i could instigate the firefight instead of being forced into it. Usually when i'm standing out in the open with my dick in my hand.

Phew! End rant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Started playing this yesterday and I'm enjoying it, and Veteran difficulty is a nice challenge. BUT the ****ing thing keeps crashing at loading screens, and have had one corrupted save file so far. Playing on 360. Poor show I must admit - been a while since I've experienced such a huge amount of bugs. Installing it to HDD seems to have fixed it somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Finished this on Monday evening, an absolutely brilliant game and one of the best FPS I have played in years. Other developers should take notes - this is the length your SP campaign should be. Took me approx 14 hours from start to finish.

As for the last level
    They really did not make it easy did they? Every single step of it those huge armoured ****ing things were swarming me with rockets, while the hardened enemies (with the glowing red backs) were jumping all over the place. Great battle to get to the end though and walking in through the spire with the hands starting to burn was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Is there any way of getting rid of that "Press A to enter game" message that pops up during the fmv sequences on the xbox 360 version?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DarkJager wrote: »
    As for the last level
    They really did not make it easy did they? Every single step of it those huge armoured ****ing things were swarming me with rockets, while the hardened enemies (with the glowing red backs) were jumping all over the place. Great battle to get to the end though and walking in through the spire with the hands starting to burn was awesome

I actually just cloaked me way through the vast majority of the last two or three missions :pac: Very low body count altogether.
    Microwaved
    a few for good measure, and had to fight those
    cloaked bastards
    , but for the most part I just put on cloaking, hid behind walls when I needed to recharge, and waltzed through to the end.

It almost felt like cheating.

Good game for the most part, nothing spectacular but fun. Enjoyable but controlled level of strategy. Story was a load of arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Finished this on veteran last night, what a load of nonsense. They took everything that was good about Crysis and replaced it with sub-CoD garbage.

Toward the end I was sick of hearing my suit telling me I was rebooting and pressing buttons according to on screen prompts.

I was so fed up with it by the final stage that I stealthed through most of it. I'd got all the good suit power upgrades so killing the Ceph wasn't going to net me much beyond a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any news on the DX11 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Headshot wrote: »
    any news on the DX11 version?

It will be old by that time lol.

Anyway, just had my finger out and decided to finish campaign. Im all fairness it's a good game. Atleast you cam see how much effort is in it. Well worth the money payed.

Stealthed alot too lol. Was not arsed to die 100 times from heavy cephs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Fair bit of news today a new PC patch is incoming next week and the full Crysis 2 sandbox editor has also been finally announced for an early summer release.
    (From MyCrysis)
    PC1.3 Patch Changes:

Vote-kicking feature added.
    Added a reserved slot system for server admins.
    Further improvements to anti-cheat measures.
    Objectives are returned if they end up in forbidden areas.
    Fix for Nanosuit Modules that could not be leveled in some circumstances.
    Fix for some instances of errors logging into multiplayer that would report "Could not connect to Gamespy".
    Fix for unlock tokens failing to be awarded if a player quit a game in which they leveled up before the end of the round.
    Fix for inconsistencies with weapon zooming.
    Fix for outdated stats being saved when a client leaves mid-game.
    Fixes to the Nanosuit Reboot option available at level 50.
    Fixed several weapon exploits.
    Fixed a rare issue where auto-aim, stealth kill and grab would not work on an AI.
    Reduced memory footprint of sound.
    Optimized full screen effects on some graphics cards.
    Optimized SSAO on some graphics cards.

It also includes multiplayer weapons rebalancing (Changes have rolled out to Consoles already, for PC will be included in the 1.3 patch)
    We've been monitoring weapon performance over the last few weeks and have made several balance adjustments. Below you'll find a list of changes that have already been rolled out to both 360 and PS3 and are ready for you to check out right now! The PC will receive these changes in the upcoming patch, due next week.

Weapons:
    • AY69: Increased recoil
    • DSG1: Reduced fire rate
    • Feline: Increased recoil
    • Hammer: Reduced recoil
    • Jackal: Reduced full auto spread, Increased single shot spread
    • Jaw: Reduced damage, Reduced rocket speed
    • Kvolt: Increased damage
    • LTag: Increased fire rate, Increased damage
    • Mk60: Reduced recoil
    • Scar: Increased recoil
    • Scarab: Increased recoil, Increased spread
    • Gauss attachment: Increased clip size, Removed damage falloff
    • Light shotgun attachment: Increased clip size, Reduced damage
    • Frag grenade: Increased damage
    • HMG: Removed crouch accuracy bonus

Modules:
    • Air Stomp: Reduced recovery time
    • Nano Recharge: Reduced recharge rate
    • Detonation Delay: Reduced delay
    • Energy Transfer: Reduced tier 3 transfer amount
    • Point Fire Enhance: Reduced spread further
    • Weapon Pro: Increased reload and ironsight speeds further
    • Mobility Enhance: Increased energy costs

Other:
    • Nanosuit 2.0: Reduced armour bonus
    • Headshot damage modifier reduced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just finished it there. Have to say those last few missions were excellent, very intense!

Overall the game was great but it's just a pity about the A.I at times.

Anyone know how much the trade in value at gamestop is? There doing a 50% extra this week so could get a bit for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

tok9 wrote: »
    Just finished it there. Have to say those last few missions were excellent, very intense!

Overall the game was great but it's just a pity about the A.I at times.

Anyone know how much the trade in value at gamestop is? There doing a 50% extra this week so could get a bit for it!

Got 30 euro on Thursday for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Cots1 wrote: »
    Got 30 euro on Thursday for it.

Does it make a differnec if it's the limited edition? I haven't used any of the codes or the gamestop codes i was given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

tok9 wrote: »
    Does it make a differnec if it's the limited edition? I haven't used any of the codes or the gamestop codes i was given

Well mine was also limited edition with code used but they didn't even ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

Another pile of **** from EA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

care to explain why you dont like it?

i'm playing through it now and love every minute if it

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

jetpack101 wrote: »
    Another pile of **** from EA
    Explanation as to why you don't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    EA are just the publisher and have absolutely no input into the making or design of the game. I suggest you try to vent your anger at Crytek or perhaps do some research.

EA do however have the power to cut off funds if CryTek do not meet deadlines, which can force parts of the game to be unfinished or unpolished.

Example 1, if an enemy sees you, at all, even if you pump lead into his nasal cavity half a second afterwards, you are revealed. If CryTek could polish it more they could have take the MGS 2 and onwards approach, the enemy retreats and then calls backup.

Example 2, all the in game dialogue is very poorly implemented, as if they didn't have time to tweak it.

Valve get all the time they need, and look at the results, Portal 2 for Game of the Year!

I found the game drab and unexciting. It started out terrible but got better as it progressed.
    The overpowered suit made it far too easy to pick off one or two enemies then retreat.
    Nothing great, maybe even not good and nowhere near worth the money paid for it.

I would have loved to see a Prototype style game, free running using the suits power to scale buildings, perch on spires, snipe for hundreds of meters stuff that gave you a real feel of power against an enemy that could overwhelm you with sheer numbers.

Needless to say CryTek are not the greatest storytellers of our generation. :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

Agree with the OPs statment.

The PC version shipped with a massive game breaking bug affecting many (all?) SLI/Crossfire multi-GPU systems. Check out www.mycrysis.com if you are in doubt. It is in no way possible that Crytek/EA were unaware of this when they started taking hard earned from customers for a game they knew would be unplayable for a great many people (me included). Their suggested remedy initially was to disable all but 1 of your GPUs...

EA have a great reputation for releasing buggy games, Crytek dont, so I blame EA as usual for their "if it ships a lot of copies we can patch it later" attitude.

With relation to dunworth1

The game (off line) is good, I like a lot of the features. As soon as you go online it falls apart.

I played 4 games yesterday and the score was about 2 - 37
    In one of the games within about a minute the score was 0 - 19 then the whole lobby left including the players on the other team. The only 2 left in the lobby was me and the only other player on the the other team to get the 19 kills.

Its ****ed and it won't get any better with patches or fixes...... it never dose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

With relation to dunworth1

The game (off line) is good, I like a lot of the features. As soon as you go online it falls apart.

I played 4 games yesterday and the score was about 2 - 37
    In one of the games within about a minute the score was 0 - 19 then the whole lobby left including the players on the other team. The only 2 left in the lobby was me and the only other player on the the other team to get the 19 kills.

Its ****ed and it won't get any better with patches or fixes...... it never dose.

I thought there was a vote kick option since the 1.4 patch?

Either way the entire Multiplayer saga since release has been a masterclass from Crytek in how to shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly, from cheating to connection to login issues.

I did really enjoy the SP campaign although unusually for a game I really liked, I have no great urge to go back and play it again anytime soon soon (I put it down to the fact that the the poor story fails to match up to some very enjoyable gameplay).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

EA do however have the power to cut off funds if CryTek do not meet deadlines, which can force parts of the game to be unfinished or unpolished.

Example 1, if an enemy sees you, at all, even if you pump lead into his nasal cavity half a second afterwards, you are revealed. If CryTek could polish it more they could have take the MGS 2 and onwards approach, the enemy retreats and then calls backup.

Example 2, all the in game dialogue is very poorly implemented, as if they didn't have time to tweak it.

Valve get all the time they need, and look at the results, Portal 2 for Game of the Year!

I found the game drab and unexciting. It started out terrible but got better as it progressed.
    The overpowered suit made it far too easy to pick off one or two enemies then retreat.
    Nothing great, maybe even not good and nowhere near worth the money paid for it.

I would have loved to see a Prototype style game, free running using the suits power to scale buildings, perch on spires, snipe for hundreds of meters stuff that gave you a real feel of power against an enemy that could overwhelm you with sheer numbers.

Needless to say CryTek are not the greatest storytellers of our generation. :p

Crysis 2 developed by Crytek and published by EA
    Portal 2 developed by Valve and published by EA.

Prototype is a god awful game thank god they didnt take that advice.

marco_polo wrote: »
    I thought there was a vote kick option since the 1.4 patch?

Either way the entire Multiplayer saga since release has been a masterclass from Crytek in how to shoot yourself in the foot repeatedly, from cheating to connection to login issues.

I did really enjoy the SP campaign although unusually for a game I really liked, I have no great urge to go back and play it again anytime soon soon (I put it down to the fact that the the poor story fails to match up to some very enjoyable gameplay).

Not sure what the vote kick thing is but I'm assuming most don't use it and just leave the lobby.

I did enjoy the campaign and I liked the story attached to it. I tend to watch the stories and not skip to the next level like my kids do. :)

I used to love playing games online with my friends (all in our 40's) great chat and crack but now we hardly go online at all. It seems the more advanced they get with online game play the more Agggrrrrrr moments you get.

Before I was foolish enough to think the next patch will fix this, maybe if I go from 7Mb to 30Mb it will be better, There's a new update to Xbox.... this will fix it...

I have come to realize (after a lot of time and money) that it will never be fixed because no matter what these big companies will always make there money.

My Gold account is due to run out on 30 days, I won't be renewing it again as I handed my Xbox to my 7 year old and told him to enjoy it. He's to young to understand what a con it all is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not sure what the vote kick thing is but I'm assuming most don't use it and just leave the lobby.

I did enjoy the campaign and I liked the story attached to it. I tend to watch the stories and not skip to the next level like my kids do. :)

I used to love playing games online with my friends (all in our 40's) great chat and crack but now we hardly go online at all. It seems the more advanced they get with online game play the more Agggrrrrrr moments you get.

Before I was foolish enough to think the next patch will fix this, maybe if I go from 7Mb to 30Mb it will be better, There's a new update to Xbox.... this will fix it...

I have come to realize (after a lot of time and money) that it will never be fixed because no matter what these big companies will always make there money.

My Gold account is due to run out on 30 days, I won't be renewing it again as I handed my Xbox to my 7 year old and told him to enjoy it. He's to young to understand what a con it all is. :D

I found Crysis 2 multiplayer extremely hard to learn. Takes awile to get use to and managing of your additional abilities takes alot of time.

After good few days I got hang of it. I started doing prety well and top 3 in my own team.

As for playing with lads. I find Crysis 2 having cod syndrome. You cam have full team of friends and it will feel as playing with ransomers as you don't need team work at all, its like FFA deathmatch.

If you really want to have best time with lads then play bc2 squad deathmatch. You will be surprised how much team work you were missing in moist modern shooters.

"lad! Run!!!!!! No god dammit not there, we got tank looking that passage! Shiiiiiiiiiit! Give me lunch box I am out of ammo! See that house? There's bastord camping in there, can you blow up that wall With rocket launcher I will pick him off! All shish, stay away from windows, I can hear tank near by. Gogogogo! C4 that road that tank will be here any second!". That's just 1% of conversations we get while we play it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Crysis 2 developed by Crytek and published by EA
    Portal 2 developed by Valve and published by EA.

Prototype is a god awful game thank god they didnt take that advice.
    Actually EA are only the distributor for Portal 2, not the publisher. Publishers are in charge of marketing almost always and oversee and finance development. They get to call the shots for the game because they control the marketing and the money and they can easily withdraw that.

For Portal 2 all EA did was put the game in boxes and send it to shops. There is a huge difference between EA's involvement with Portal 2 and Crysis 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,341 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ríomhaire wrote: »
    For Portal 2 all EA did was put the game in boxes and send it to shops. There is a huge difference between EA's involvement with Portal 2 and Crysis 2.
    Damn straight there is. You will note that there is no unskippable annoying EA GAMES CHALLENGE EVERYTHING BEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWT..... logo, on Portal 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭alex1997123

i never played crysis but i have palyed crysis 2 on 360 and crysis 2 is a great game but by what i have seen and heard crysis was a mine blowing game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

i never played crysis but i have palyed crysis 2 on 360 and crysis 2 is a great game but by what i have seen and heard crysis was a mine blowing game

Not so sure about blowing mines, but on the PC, Crysis is STILL one of the best looking games.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭alex1997123

well it was mine blowing compared to most games out at that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Not so sure about blowing mines, but on the PC, Crysis is STILL one of the best looking games.

Also, just play it up until the enemies change (You'll know it when you see it). Then turn it off and be glad you saw the best of the game.
    well it was mine blowing compared to most games out at that time

Orange Box came out a month beforehand :p

(It may become obvious that I am, in fact, a Valve fanboi (Most would agree it is totally deserved) )

Advertisement