Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Hi guys,

I have a ps3 running Crysis 2, all the latest software downloaded etc.

Just want to know has anyone else had problems with the game crashing (freezing) just before the 'press x to begin' should show (at the initializing screen). Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't, and I honestly don't know if it's a problem with the game or with my console. Other games are working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭alex1997123

did it happen before psn went down

did it happen before psn went down or just now and maybe a symtem update might fix it

Thanks Alex, no - it only started happening today.

well than there ur problem wait a day or 2 and there i am sony will put out a update

well than there ur problem wait a day or 2 and there i am sony will put out a update

It's started working again under another user profile I've set up, but I've lost the progress I've made so far. Time will tell whether the error crops up again at the same point in the game...

• Advertisement

i am not sure but i think u can transfer data from one user to another search it on google u will find something

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished this the other day, didn't think it was anything special.
    Towards the end of the game it picked up a bit, it was quite good then.
    But it felt like a bit of a slog for a lot of the start and middle of the game.
    It does look class though, I'll give it that.

I'd give it 6.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Priori wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a ps3 running Crysis 2, all the latest software downloaded etc.

Just want to know has anyone else had problems with the game crashing (freezing) just before the 'press x to begin' should show (at the initializing screen). Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't, and I honestly don't know if it's a problem with the game or with my console. Other games are working fine.

Ya the same happened to me twice during the game. Best solution is to just restart that mission as opposed to resuming game at the checkpoint. Worked for me.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Kinda dissapointed in this so far and I can't put my finger on exactly why. Having not played the first one, I guess I don't know what I was expecting. I'll stick with it, there's some cool aspects to keep me interested for a bit longer anyway.

i like it being long instead of short like most fps these days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't know how you could call this a "long" game at around the 10/11 hour mark tbh. Long by today's BS Console standards is still short by any other standard.

yeah but the best selling game for the past rwo years in cod 3-5 hr campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

10-11 hours for a FPS is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

anyone playing this online? finding it very hard to find matches on it

• Registered Users Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any news on Dx11 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

da gamer wrote: »
    anyone playing this online? finding it very hard to find matches on it

Same as myself. Just picked it up on the 360 and can't find a single game. My connection is fine, my NAT is open and yet every time I look for a game it just dumps me in an empty lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Same as myself. Just picked it up on the 360 and can't find a single game. My connection is fine, my NAT is open and yet every time I look for a game it just dumps me in an empty lobby.

Everyone us back to cod lad. Like they allways do...

I plated a week ago and got in to a game with alot of poeple. Took good few tries thought. I am afraid that this game is dead. Peer 2 peer bull**** did not helped at all. Biggest issue for me was lag. Its impossible to play with lagg when milliseconds count when you need to turn on shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I got €33 cash for trading this in at the CEX place on Liffey Street. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am going to play this now online ps3 if anyone wants to play add/msg my PSN.. Loving the online right now :)..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I am going to play this now online ps3 if anyone wants to play add/msg my PSN.. Loving the online right now :)..

Ill play ya

youve maxed out your friends list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

tonydude wrote: »
    Ill play ya

youve maxed out your friends list

Whats your online id?.. I will add you now..

EDIT" Scratch that didn't see sig lol

Headshot wrote: »
    any news on Dx11 ?

Any news lads?

I bought a new pc for this game and I want to try dx 11 version in it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

None. The only news is that it has been pulled from Steam and it's getting a new map pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

DirectX 11 patch and his res textures incoming next week.
    http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=958&Itemid=1
    Crytek is almost ready to release the long-awaited DirectX 11 graphical enhancements package. New information is that a high-resolution textures pack will also be released. For enabling the DX11 features you will need a DX11-compatible graphics card. The hi-res textures pack requires a 64-bit operating system and a graphics card with at least 1GB of memory. Both packs will be released next week. To use the new features you will need Crysis 2 patch v1.9 installed, which will also be out next week.

Below is a list of changes and additions that the upcoming patch will bring for the PC version of Crysis 2.

crysis2_logo.png

Crysis 2 Patch v1.9 Release Notes

- Added Contact Shadows
    - Added DX11 benchmark level
    - Added DX11 support for Crysis 2 (the following features only work when downloading the optional DX11 package):
    - Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
    - High Quality HDR Motion Blur
    - Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
    - Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
    - Parallax Occlusion Mapping
    - Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
    - Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
    - Added Realtime Local Reflections
    - Added support for Higher Res Textures Package (separate download)
    - Added various new console variables to whitelist (get the full list on sdk.crymod.com)
    - Fixed bullet penetration, which had been broken by a bug introduced with the DLC 2 patch
    - Fixed issue in MP where player stats weren't always saved at the end of a game
    - Fixed issue in MP where player stats would sometimes randomly reset
    - Fixed issue with MP time played statistic, which would sometimes be too low on leaderboards and in stats
    - Fixed issue with JAW rocket not firing through window's containing broken glass
    - Fixed rare issue where a user could not access MP with a valid CD key if they had previously used an invalid CD key
    - Improved advanced graphics options menu
    - Improved anti-cheat measurements: fixed exploit which could prevent vote kicking working against a user
    - Improved multi-GPU support
    - Improved Tone Mapping
    - Re-added possibility to enable r_StereoSupportAMD via config file (unsupported)

Finally

Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Not much use to me. Only have a DX10 card. Thinking about overhauling in the winter sometime, new mobo, cpu, memory and gpu too. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A little too late?

Who wanted already finished the gAme. Multiplayer wouldn't be the strongest part of the game too.

I guess it will still be one of those games for: " I bought new pc, now lets kill it by running crysis on it for 10 minutes, and then back to your usual games. "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not much use to me. Only have a DX10 card. Thinking about overhauling in the winter sometime, new mobo, cpu, memory and gpu too. Oh well.

You should still see some improvements as DX11 is a complete superset of DX10. The DX11 runtime turns off DX11 exclusive features when it is running on a DX10 hardware.

So you will still get the addional DX10 benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Your post is a bit old, but the game does that while it searches for games for you to join. It should tell you really as I made the same mistake when I played it first too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When the patch comes out I want this thread filled with screenshots of what I'm missing out on otherwise there'll be bannings.

Advertisement