Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

signal strength

• 12-02-2011 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

good friend of mine living approx 40 to 50mts away has broadband paid for by his company told me i could use his if i want to nobody in the house till after six in the evening but the signal is poor any device i could get to recieve a better signal.have the mobile broadband myself but no good for gaming max 1.5 to 2mbps
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Buy your own broadband???

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carrick

if you get something for free from a friend why would you turn it down cant see where anyone is losing out was hoping i might get an intelligent reply rather than someone mouthing off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

Hello , I know that three sells devices for a stronger signal but they did cost last year 300 Euro. Maybe your provider sells something similar???

• Registered Users Posts: 33 carrick

thanks nadel302008
    will look into that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Find out what the make and model of the modem is.
    There is devices that can be used to enhance signal strength, but only to a certain point.
    At 40-50 meters, signal strength is normally poor over a distance like that, if its a wireless a/b/g connection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement