Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.7l V8 mastercraft...LPG or Petrol?

• 12-02-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys, changing engine in a mastercraft i recently bought as a non runner. Have a brand new block and have 2 options. Install engine with existing lpg system or change back to a straight petrol... Jus need some advice to the advantages/disadv etc of LPG. V hard to find info.
    Any comments appreciated as i need to make decision v soon.
    Wondering what cost and supply of LPG in ireland is like.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi Kofnh, I would stick with petrol we are not very well set up for lpg here as not all places sell it also it's handy to carry a extra can of petrol onboard instead of a bottle of lpg.
    I also think lpg is more hazardous in a boat because if it leaks it stays in the bottom of the boat as it is heavier than air and when you go to start the engine after a while it can go bang even if you put on the blower.
    Just my two cent :)

I would love to see some photos of what you are doing, I am building up a sbc v8 for a boat I am building with an engine from a ski nautique I bought as a donor.

Advertisement