Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Poetry - Boland

• 12-02-2011 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Dia daoibh :)
    I'm doing Eavan Boland for English and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find some audio readings of her poetry? Not necessarily her reading them, I just find it easier to familiarise myself with the poems when I can listen to them over and over! I found the poems from all my other poets on Youtube and a few other sites, but can't seem to find Boland's anywhere :/

The poems I'm doing are:
    Child of our Time
    War Horse
    Famine Road
    This Moment
    The Black Lace Fan my Mother Gave Me
    Love

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Dia daoibh :)
    I'm doing Eavan Boland for English and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find some audio readings of her poetry?

I don't know where you'll get recordings of her poems but if you can't find them, record yourself reading the poems.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

I agree with NotExactly. Even by reading them out onto a microphone/computer/whathaveyou will help you get the poems into your head.
    I do it for my German oral material and my teacher reading out poetry essays and it really helps. I put it all on my iPod and when you're wrecked, it's easy to put on the stuff, lie in bed and listen. It makes you feel like you're abandoning your music though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Miss Brightside

Think I will have to resort to that, although I do hate listening to my voice in recordings! Thanks anyways :)
    I put it all on my iPod and when you're wrecked, it's easy to put on the stuff, lie in bed and listen. It makes you feel like you're abandoning your music though rolleyes.gif
    I've done the same with all the rest of the poetry, I've listened to them so much I can almost speak along with every one!

Advertisement