Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to sell old copper pipe

• 12-02-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there.

I've been building a stock pile of copper pipe form my house and the odd plumbing job. Anyone know where I can sell it in Ireland and what the going rate is? Don't really want to give it to 'anyone' who calls to the door for it. Too poor myself at the mo and trying to raise cash anyway possible.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭brianthelion

I know there is a place in Clanbrassil street in Dublin just as you come over the canal bridge from Harolds cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

go to a scrap dealer with it i think it is close to 3000 yes 3 thousand a tonne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Dupont wrote: »
    go to a scrap dealer with it i think it is close to 3000 yes 3 thousand a tonne

Try 6000 a ton....was listening to a show on the radio recently and copper has a huge value on it at the moment.
    Op there already is a thread in the diy foum on scrap copper.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hamish262001

Mullen scrap metal next to harolds bridge always give a fair price and no messing

at a guess 4 yoyo a kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I heard on some radio show recently that there is not enough copper in the world to wire the parts of China that have not been electrified yet, ----or something along those lines.

If true, this I would imagine - would make the price of copper very expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 zathan

I've been to McGoverns in Ranelagh - was pretty surprised with what I got for a minimal amount of copper! It's well worth keeping all the scraps and heading to the scrap yard every so often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

dh0661 wrote: »
    I heard on some radio show recently that there is not enough copper in the world to wire the parts of China that have not been electrified yet, ----or something along those lines.

If true, this I would imagine - would make the price of copper very expensive

well the chinese are buying it all

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Im in the same boat, i have some copper a old tank etc, and want to sell it but in dublin! anyone know of some places to go! and also how much i should be looking per KG or what ever?

Advertisement