Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick's Eurovision Jury

• 12-02-2011 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Caught the tail end of TLLS and it seems they're continuing to give pricks an easy ride against better opposition.

Does anyone know who was on the "Limerick Jury", and can we ask them how the f**k they gave the irritating, talentless "twit-twins" 12 points ?

"Douche points" I could understand, but "Douze points" ? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So,who won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

WGAF

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So,who won?

Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

No idea,I cudnt give a **** tbh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No idea,I cudnt give a **** tbh

Sorry, that was fairly esoteric reference. Think annoying identical twins that offer nothing of value but still get to be the centre of attention.
    i.e. Jedward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Whoever voted those guys onto EVSC should be up in front of a jury themselves, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They have relations in Limerick is the only reason I can see the Limerick Jury getting them through - GOD HELP US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Seriously!? who gives a fvck??!! Its the eurovison:rolleyes:

Are we worried about what the rest of Europe are going to think about sending a couple of twins over to Germany to sing a song?

They are already laughing at us, IMF etc..Jedward are the least of our worries.

The 2 lads are perfect for it btw and will probably be more successful than the last 4 yrs put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Seriously!? who gives a fvck??!! Its the eurovison:rolleyes:

Are we worried about what the rest of Europe are going to think about sending a couple of twins over to Germany to sing a song?

They are already laughing at us, IMF etc..Jedward are the least of our worries.

The 2 lads are perfect for it btw and will probably be more successful than the last 4 yrs put together.

Couldnt agree with you more... the eurovision is a joke anyway!
    remember we did send a turkey one year! Europe will only be laughing at our sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You should bear in mind. The Eurovision is just an opportunity for the European middle classes to punish Ireland for the Lisbon Treaty and for borrowing so much money.

We could send the Rubberbandits and we will get the same reaction.

Only in this case England will give us 12 points on the basis of Jedward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Shay healey was right last week. Their heads are full of sawdust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

We cannot afford to win Eurovision as we do not have the money to host it next year. Sending Sideshow Bob and Sideshow Mel over should guarantee us that.

Failing to qualify for the final or getting zero points might actually help get them off our screens over here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'll be honest, I think it was the best song to send of the 5. Nikkis one was good, but of the five, I think they were genuinely the best package. Its a catchy track, its europop, and they are going to get a lot of press and photo ops over there.

And people in the crowd booing them when they won should be a bit embarrassed and ashamed today, ignorant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 waggs

Mc Love wrote: »
    They have relations in Limerick is the only reason I can see the Limerick Jury getting them through - GOD HELP US

Nope - Don Mescall is FROM Limerick - they gave him the lowest vote. So it doesn't make sense they'd vote for Jedward simply because their grandparents live there.

I think it was the right choice actually.

I don't know who was on the jury but I do know they were looking for members very last minute as I know someone who was asked but had to turn it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Its a fix, just a publicity machine for Jedward. Dont know why they bothered with the vote. But then the Eurovision has been a bit of a joke for years so its a good fit tbh.

Couple of years ago we sent a turkey, now we're sending 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I thought the other songs were the same old boring Oirish drivel.

The song is catchy, the kids love them, the Brits will give them 12 points, they're better than Dustin..so fair play to them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

niallers1 wrote: »
    I thought the other songs were the same old boring Oirish drivel.

The song is catchy, the kids love them, the Brits will give them 12 points, they're better than Dustin..so fair play to them..

The Brits didn't even give them votes when they were in their so-called "talent" show.......don't watch the rubbish, but most people on Facebook were asking why the feck they were still in it week after week.

Why the u-turn ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

the eurovision itself is as camp as fcuk, so, who better to send over than these two... no, i wont be harsh, suffice to say that every time they're on tv its a mixture of cringe, laughter and wtf bemusement.

honestly, they annoy the fcuk outta me, but im reminded of the old kit-kat advert-

"you cant sing,
    you cant play,
    you look awful...

you'll go a long way!"... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

With a bit of luck they'll break the eurovision beyond repair, or at least get us thrown out of it permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

C'mon people it's Eurovison!
    It's meant to be a bit camp and silly.
    If you're expecting highbrow culture you would be better served if you went to the opera or the theatre, but if you're expecting Shakespeare and Mozart from the Eurovison you will lead a very disappointed life.
    Besides we sent boring drysh*te after boring drysh*te to the Eurovision and they all bombed spectacularly.
    Dustin didn't translate outside Ireland (i.e. no one got the joke), but I'm willing to bet Jedward will do better than any of the songs over the last 10 years, none of which I can remember by the way.

Nothing will ever beat Lordi. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Next year we can send the Rubberbandits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I hate Jedward, but I have to shamefully admit they have a better chance than any of that other crap that was parading as a wannabe entry. That girl/boy group? Absolute ****ing rubbish. The rest of the entries were the typical ****ty dreary ballads that have done nothing for our entry the past few years. I won't be watching Eurovision at all because it annoys the **** out of me, but don't be surprised if Jedward go quite far in it (christ above what am I saying??! :D). Its the kind of cheesy europop that might just pul it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its like what I heard on the radio the other day..once Britain got tired of them, we will have them forever and ever.

Kind of like that lad that used to present kids tv on rte on Saturday mornings, think his name was Kevin?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Louie Walsh has big influence on the vote,he can see that this will get them back in to commercial work in the uk where the big money is if they win or do well.It was the best song though,catchy and euro thrashy,i would be willing to bet on them if the odds were good enough of winning it even though they would have to win the pre-lim first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

12/1 outright win
    8/11 Ireland to qualify

i think an outright win is worth a wager ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    12/1 outright win
    8/11 Ireland to qualify

i think an outright win is worth a wager ;)
    Yes.if you like them or not 12/1 would be a nice little bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    The Brits didn't even give them votes when they were in their so-called "talent" show.......don't watch the rubbish, but most people on Facebook were asking why the feck they were still in it week after week.

Why the u-turn ?
    So who was voting for them every week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

tipptom wrote: »
    Yes.if you like them or not 12/1 would be a nice little bet.
    I disagree, at 12/1 i'd lay that all day long

Advertisement