Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smelly Breath

• 12-02-2011 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Lately, I have noticed that a lot of people have bad breath. The smell of coffee and cigarettes really lingers especially.

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of people out there have really bad breath?! I always make sure to brush my teeth or chew minty chewing gum if needs be but it seems a lot of people really neglect their breath!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭who what when

Some people will say that chewing gum is just as bad as bad breath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

what are they feeding you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Yeah can't stand it.

Especially when the person speaks and you just await the bang of shíte to hit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Some people will say that chewing gum is just as bad as bad breath!

Thats only if you get the "BAD BREATH" flavoured ones !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Remember a supervisor of mine before. I would have to turn my face away to the side when she spoke to me. F*cking horrendous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I've noticed a lot of people with bad breath as well. They are very rude people, they keep saying, ''Get the f*ck away from me you wierdo''.

Very rude indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

There is a girl in my year and I know no breath thats stink could possibly outdo hers. It is so bad, the stench of her breath hits you as you even walk by her in the hall. Sometimes if she is sitting one seat away from you in class, just so she will lean over and breathe that breath in your friend's face, you start asking her questions and talking to her! It is hilarious seeing your friend just gasping for breath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Smelly breath reminds you of all the bad things in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

danslevent wrote: »
    There is a girl in my year and I know no breath thats stink could possibly outdo hers. It is so bad, the stench of her breath hits you as you even walk by her in the hall. Sometimes if she is sitting one seat away from you in class, just so she will lean over and breathe that breath in your friend's face, you start asking her questions and talking to her! It is hilarious seeing your friend just gasping for breath!

I bet you'd still leave her blow you though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Ricardo G wrote: »
    I bet you'd still leave her blow you though !!

Since I am a girl, naire! Plus, she has a bit of a moustache anyway as well. I think the hairs harbour the smell and strengthen the pong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

They say people who suffer from this has very bad breath "warning Very Graphic"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Tonsil Stones or Tonsil Rocks - Google 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

Ricardo G wrote: »
    Thats only if you get the "BAD BREATH" flavoured ones !!

Also known as Wrigley's-Juicy-Fruit...

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

what are they feeding you?
    a Phoebe moment i take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Having a bit of a belly promotes bad breath. Lesson? Get slimmer and it will help you getting better breath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

theres a guy who works with me who i swear must spread **** on his toast every morning,rank bad breath.
    you cant say it to him can you,same with someone with a bang of sweat,i couldnt anyway:confused:

ArtSmart wrote: »

Lol...smelly cat...it's not your fault:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Coffee and cigarettes are possibly the two worst things ever, I simply can't stand being near someone who has had both together. ****ing foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

martic wrote: »
    They say people who suffer from this has very bad breath "warning Very Graphic"

aaaaaand thats the sound of me putting down the bowl of cereal I was just eating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

or when the smokers in the group have returned back into the pub from horsing their fags outside,how disgusting is that:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

One young lad in our office, you can smell his breath in a room after he's left it. No word of a lie. He must have some kind of condition, I don't know. But anytime our team and his attend meetings together, there's a general "hanging around" until we see which seat he takes, so we do not sit opposite, or directly beside him. It's stomach turning!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

can't stand the smell of cigarettes! yoused to smoke and wonder now how i used to smell to a non smoker:eek:

or when the smokers in the group have returned back into the pub from horsing their fags outside,how disgusting is that:(

Nice pubs you frequent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

gurramok wrote: »
    Having a bit of a belly promotes bad breath. Lesson? Get slimmer and it will help you getting better breath :)
    Eating feck all seems to give people bad breath too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Was on a flight with the OH and the guy next to him had the worst breath ever. So bad the air hostess nearly fainted. He slept with his mouth wide open for about 2 hours and it was honestly the worst thing I have ever smelled.

We were having a discussion about what the time zone was at one point and he interrupted us with "It's 7PM, I should know I live there", I regret that I didn't tell him to stop opening his mouth in our direction in case I puked. F**KING HORRIBLE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

cant stand the smell of bad breath, and yes i have noticed it alot lately, and from non smokers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

danslevent wrote: »

I wonder what she's swallowing to give her such bad breath?

Befriend her. Imeediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Dont mind coffee or cigarette breath. People who really have halitosis is another story. Probably the worst smell in the world.

It should be socially acceptable to tell people with bad breath and bo that they stink. Its inconsiderate to everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I started scoring with this random one on the dance floor a good few years back, her breath was horrible, she asked me back to her gaf and I said 'cool', beggars can't be choosers, any holes a goal ect. ect., anyway when I got home the next day I was trying to remember the smell and how to describe it, I was very drunk to be fair, her breath smelt like 'the rotting intestine of a dead badger', I wrote it into my school journal, told no one, I'm not trying to be funny, just telling the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Lick your wrist with the back of your tongue...leave for about twenty seconds and then smell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Dont mind coffee or cigarette breath. People who really have halitosis is another story. Probably the worst smell in the world.

It should be socially acceptable to tell people with bad breath and bo that they stink. Its inconsiderate to everyone else.

Lol 'First World Problems'.

But your right, I wouldn't say it to anyone either. An old manager I used to work with used to have one on one meetings every few weeks, smoked a lot, drank a lot of coke throughout the day and a few coffees too, the stink of sh!t off his breath and in the room after too, YUK!

Why dont people brush their teeth or have a few minty gums during the day? Or floss their gums/teeth, I think its a lack of flossing TBH. Rotting food in your teeth left there for days, weeks, months even, turns into bacteria (sh!t).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

baric wrote: »
    Most medical experts agree that the tonsils are often not doing their job. In many cases, become more of a hindrance than a help. Tonsils may have evolved in an environment where humans have not been exposed to more germs than we face today because they live in areas with relatively high population. The evidence suggests that people who have had their tonsils are more prone to bacterial or viral infections that people with intact tonsils.

Source: Tonsli Stones (Tonsilloliths)

You mean tonsils out? I had my tonsils removed when I was a kid and ever since i've constantly suffered viral infections on a yearly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do you ever come across the one's with "fishy" breath yikes

smell of haddock off them..don't know whether its from smoking or what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Had a guy sit behind me on a train and he was asleep with his head against the window. i coudl feel his disgucting breath in waves coming at me for over two hours. When the woman beside him left I woke him up and yelled at him like a fuc king maniac and told him to go to a doctor amongst a lot of other raging insanities. Poor guy was in shock and horror cos people generally dont say things like that.

I truely believe most folk with BO and Bad breath just have never been told they have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Had a guy sit behind me on a train and he was asleep with his head against the window. i coudl feel his disgucting breath in waves coming at me for over two hours. When the woman beside him left I woke him up and yelled at him like a fuc king maniac and told him to go to a doctor amongst a lot of other raging insanities. Poor guy was in shock and horror cos people generally dont say things like that.

I truely believe most folk with BO and Bad breath just have never been told they have a problem.

i agree, now i would never do what you did..bit extreme, but in this and age with so many products on the shelf there's no excuse for bad personal odours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Tonsil stones are a real bítch- I get them constantly (nowhere near as bad as the video though- blegh!!) and have to get a qtip and nearly gag getting them out- not fun at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

didnt our good lord say to judas in the garden: brush your teeth ya smelly fcucker

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

fryup wrote: »
    do you ever come across the one's with "fishy" breath yikes

smell of haddock off them..don't know whether its from smoking or what

Probobaly drinking out of the furry goblet to much:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

lack of hygeine.. no excuse for it.. lazeness!!

there attitude stinks

• Advertisement

dumbbell wrote: »
    lack of hygiene.. no excuse for it.. laziness!!

their attitude stinks

Your grammar stinks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Siuin wrote: »
    Your grammar stinks! :P
    Grammar and spelling are two diffferent things.

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Grammar and spelling are two diffferent things.

Then his general English skills stink :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Bad enough as stinky breath is ,theres a girl in my town called "Haddock Fanny" .
    I dont care,thats worse than a bit of sh1t breath anyday.
    Shes fcukin rancid.

Advertisement