Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow kayak rescue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Of which the facts are very wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Of which the facts are very wrong!
    wanna elaborate??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

I only posted the article as info. I have no first hand knowledge of the incident in question.

With that said, kayaking is a risk sport and two rescues, whatever the details, in one week proves that.

I know one of the guys involved and the story as reported in many of the papers is incorrect. If they want to make their story know to all they will do so themselves.

From the mountain rescue report

"[FONT=verdana,geneva]The Kayaker and his paddling partners were able to self-rescue without injury, and the Rescue teams were 'Stood down' at 12.30pm."[/FONT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Thanks for the link

• Advertisement

Most welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

"Quote from article"

It was pure luck that the rescue team, consisting of Mick McCarthy, Paul Ramsell and Glen Barton, happened to be passing by.
    Mr McCarthy, who has been part of a volunteer rescue team since 1987, said they were happy to help.

Strange that Mr McCarthy said they were glad to help if the lads had sorted themselves out :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Git101 wrote: »
    "Quote from article"

It was pure luck that the rescue team, consisting of Mick McCarthy, Paul Ramsell and Glen Barton, happened to be passing by.
    Mr McCarthy, who has been part of a volunteer rescue team since 1987, said they were happy to help.

Strange that Mr McCarthy said they were glad to help if the lads had sorted themselves out :confused:

I hate the way some of the papers do that, you'd wonder why they can't report what actually happened in what seems to be a fairly straight forward story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mark A

It's laziness. In almost every case whenever I see the paper report on an event that i have personal knowledge of, they always seem to get things wrong.

Advertisement