Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone comparison

Options
  • 12-02-2011 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

So, I'm looking at buying a smartphone, and have whittled it down to 2 android and 2 Windows mobile devices. I'm looking for recommendations. I know a bit about Android, a little bit about Windows Mobile-which is better?
    I know nothing about HTC or Samsung in terms of hardware-any advice there? I'm leaning towards the Desire, as it has a keyboard, and lets face it touchscreen can be trying, no matter how good/responsive it is.

Windows Mobile 7:
    Samsung Focus
    HTC HD7

Android:
    Samsung Galaxy S
    HTC Desire Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

You're best beat is to go into a shop and check out the 2.

Those who like Android will tell you to get the Android phone or suggest another, those who like Windows Phone 7 will tell you to get that or suggest another. Then there will be the iPhone fans who will tell you to get the iPhone 4 or and an iPad and some Apple car stickers too ;)

Try to compare what you'll be using the phone for, check out the market place, music, photos, emails and how they are all accessed on both phones. Take your time deciding. Both Android and WP7 are good os's. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Fill the form that's posted here . It'll make it a bit easier. :)

I have a HD2 so I've tried both OS's on my phone but I prefer Android. That's maybe because I've been using it for longer and I'm used to having widgets etc. so I can't just lose them all. :eek:

Both OS' are good though. I like how fast WP7 is and its clean metroUI with tiles. Don't know if it'll come out over here but soon the HD7 Pro will be released which has a QWERTY keyboard that's running WP7. ;-)

Android just beats it for though because of multi-tasking and the customization available to tailor it to how you like it. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Or if your sick of tinkering with a phone and want one that just works get a hd7.

Between focus and HD7 I chose HD7 cause it has 16gb memory vs 8. The screen is a bit better if you put HTC and Samsung side by side.

I wouldn't go near galaxy. It had massive lag issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

the windows one comes with some cool features if u have an xbox360, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I have had both an Android phone and currently have a Windows 7 phone. They are both good operating systems, but I would have to say for the moment I will be going back to Android in the near future. The main reason for going back is the number of apps for the Droid and the expansion of the memory with an SD ,which windows phones do not have. But the windows phone is great.
    I had an iphone as well a few years ago but the main complaint is how fragile the appear to be , small drop and the LCD stopped working, easy fix but that is not the point. Hope this helps a little.

• Advertisement
Advertisement