Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tattoo to honor the irish?

Options
  • 12-02-2011 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Right, to try and not to come off to a bad start i've realized that after spending more than 3 years in this country i have to say i love it. The people, the atmosphere.. everything. And since i've never had a tatt before (yes i am still pondering on my commemorate tat's for my fallen friends) i was thinking of "testing the water" to see if it hurts, since opinions differ. And so i thought:
    Why not try a four leaf clover?

But would that be to common? I don't feel eligable to get the flag (Non irish native) but it still needs to be small...

Any idea's for me? Silhouette of Sinead o'connor perhaps? :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

Right across your arse:

1224285643246_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

dMaN24 wrote: »
    Right, to try and not to come off to a bad start i've realized that after spending more than 3 years in this country i have to say i love it. The people, the atmosphere.. everything. And since i've never had a tatt before (yes i am still pondering on my commemorate tat's for my fallen friends) i was thinking of "testing the water" to see if it hurts, since opinions differ. And so i thought:
    Why not try a four leaf clover?

But would that be to common? I don't feel eligable to get the flag (Non irish native) but it still needs to be small...

Any idea's for me? Silhouette of Sinead o'connor perhaps? :P

To be honest, I don't think anyone would associate a 4 leaf clover with Ireland/The Irish. A shamrock perhaps, but not a 4 leaf clover! And the shamrock would perhaps be a tat common. What about getting the flag crossed with the flag of your homeland (As in flag-poles crossing, rather than some mish-mash of two flags in one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Cosimo Salvatore

What about something subtle like this - Harp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

get a high cross...i was gana get the fightin irish tatoo on my shoulder but oupted 4 da high cross instead and dont regret it one bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Crossed flags sounds like a god plan. maybe incorporated with a harp..
    Topper Harley 01: I doan have a horse outsaiid ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Luveen

I love this shamrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ian_potato.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

you could get a fab harp tbf... and i think imma be sketching now cause i'd like one myself (not because im irish... dont think you can have pride in something that happened by accident lol )

but please dear god, don't end up with the ryan air logo on you!!!

Advertisement