Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Amhrán na bhFiann turn me into a blubbering baby?

Options
  • 12-02-2011 5:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who experiences this?

If I'm watching the match in the pub with the lads, the tears do be about to burst out....

Have just been watching some clips on Youtube, and at this clip in particular the tears started streaming down my face.

The fact that Flannery himself is blubbering away in that video too didn't help! (skip to 0.59 seconds :pac:)

I can't be the only one...own up, lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

possibly because maybe you live abroad and have a distorted rose-tinted patriotic view of ireland? (no offence meant)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

flanum wrote: »
    possibly because maybe you live abroad and have a distorted rose-tinted patriotic view of ireland? (no offence meant)!

Nah it's not that...it was the same when I was at home!

P.S. Bad form by moving my thread without telling me or giving a reason might I add.

I don't see what's different between this thread and many others in AH at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's just a song. Man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Because it's a good song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

One of our countries proudest moment IMO.

That day, and the singing of the two anthems in Croker done more for peace in this country than all the bombs and bullets, mayhem and death over the last 70 plus years.

I swell up with pride whenever I view that clip. We held our heads very high that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Got me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

because you have a pride in your country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    because you have a pride in your country.

I'm giving you a thanks, for that - and your sig!.. I'm listening to Jimmy Jazz at the minute!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

thanks man :)

if your goin to take a message cross town maybe put it down somewhere over the otherside see it gets to jimmy jazz :) Chop, Chop

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Some of them really obviously don't know the words, and are opening and closing their mouths in the hope that nobody will notice... (talking about both teams here)

Fishie wrote: »
    Some of them really obviously don't know the words, and are opening and closing their mouths in the hope that nobody will notice... (talking about both teams here)

True; at 1:37 - I have never seen someone look that awkward before. And the lad after him!

Did anyone see the ref at about 3:30 singing along to Ireland's Call?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

That seriously cant be your primary account??

Advertisement