Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling eircom contract

Options
  • 12-02-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hiya,

If i cancelled my eircom contract can i get my security deposit back? I have set the account up for direct debit and was told id get the security deposit back for doing this but havent received it yet. With the new call charges i was thinking of cancelling the contract altogether so if i do cancel it will i still get my 100euro back? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

The security deposit is generally taken off the final bill. If there is more to be refunded you will get a cheque. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Lurvely wrote: »
    Hiya,

If i cancelled my eircom contract can i get my security deposit back? I have set the account up for direct debit and was told id get the security deposit back for doing this but havent received it yet. With the new call charges i was thinking of cancelling the contract altogether so if i do cancel it will i still get my 100euro back? Thanks.

Hi Lurvely, did you recieve my private message from Thur last week? I have advised re the direct debit issue. Let me know if that did not explain issue.
    Yes you will get your 100 euro back, normally by check in the case of deposits. Hope this helps
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Does everybody pay this security deposit? I'm with Eircom about 6 years now and can't remember paying one. I'm thinking of changing provider, so just wondering. Have to make sure I get it back if I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Does everybody pay this security deposit? I'm with Eircom about 6 years now and can't remember paying one. I'm thinking of changing provider, so just wondering. Have to make sure I get it back if I did.

Hi H8GHOTI

no not everyone has to pay a deposit. If you set up Direct debit account there is no deposit charged. If you PM me your a/c number I can check for you.
    Tony

Advertisement