Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VEC student grant

Options
  • 12-02-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I'm a mature student, receiving BTEA, & I have a place in Social Work for this September. I've just filled in the forms for the VEC grant, as I'm not eligible for free fees. I wonder if they'll go off the 2009 or 2010 tax year? My partner earned a lot more in 2010 than 2009 - even though we never saw any of it as he was taxed so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Martina05 wrote: »
    I'm a mature student, receiving BTEA, & I have a place in Social Work for this September. I've just filled in the forms for the VEC grant, as I'm not eligible for free fees. I wonder if they'll go off the 2009 or 2010 tax year? My partner earned a lot more in 2010 than 2009 - even though we never saw any of it as he was taxed so much!

Its usually the last full tax year. So if you are applying in Sept 2011 then they will look at Jan 1st 2010 to Dec 31st 2010.

Advertisement