Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Derek the Barber" - Bayside Shopping Centre, Sutton

Options
  • 12-02-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where Derek has gone? There is now a Polish girl in the shop - tells me that he has gone to a new business in Kilbarrack. Dont know if its another barbershop, but would like to continue to get hair cut from him. Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Are there no signs up on his old place or anything like that?

I'll be walking by there later and I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Are there no signs up on his old place or anything like that? I'll be walking by there later and I'll have a look.

Thanks for looking - no signs, new girl not very helpful, understandable as she probably doesn't want to lose the trade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks for making me enter online stalker mode.
    This guy has a blog where he claimes to be a mate of Derek the Barber. There is some contact info on the blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Well he's in a couple of the photos anyway in the link. So I stopped outside there earlier and no mention of his new place or anything like that. Several customers inside so didn't go in to ask. Hopefully the blogger may have more information for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daryl4711

Yeah, he's in Kilbarrack! Done me hair a couple of times. He's in one of the pictures in the far left in the blog spurious mentioned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Wow blast from the past in Derek, having lived in Bayside. You'd blink and Derek would have your hair cut. 2 minutes to cut your hair, followed by a 10 minute chat. Nice man. Pity about him being a Mad United fan. He used to have a really old green Merc like he just drove it out of the showroom. Now I know he's in Kilbarrack I must pay him a visit from now on..... Funny. I know the guy who wrote the blog too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daryl4711

Yeah, he's a great barber! He always slagging me for following Leeds. He's working at the barber shop beside The Foxhound Inn pub in Kilbarrack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

Thanks everyone, great to know thats where he is. A great barber but yes a die hard united fan, I suppose we cant all be perfect.
    Having spent about 15 years or more going to him, its great going in and saying the "usual" - dont want to train a new barber in...

Advertisement