Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i asked a girl out and she just kept quiet...

Options
  • 12-02-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

i asked a girl in my class out and she just kept quiet...was it that she didn't hear it...or did she not want to say no at my face?

..sigh... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Did you ask her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

baspower wrote: »
    i asked a girl in my class out and she just kept quiet...was it that she didn't hear it...or did she not want to say no at my face?

Haha sorry but thats funny:D Unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baspower

she was sitting between me and another friend and i sorta casually said we should go out some time....and there was no response at all...but the other friend was blabbering away so there might be a chance she didn't really hear me asking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

It means she didn't want to answer.
    Take it as "not yes"

yeah...i guesses so as well....didn't want to push it and be a jerk....just hoping 'not yes' will over time, change to 'yes'....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

baspower wrote:
    yeah...i guesses so as well....didn't want to push it and be a jerk....just hoping 'not yes' will over time, change to 'yes'....
    http://xkcd.com/513/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Maybe she wasn't sure if she heard you right and she didn't want to jump the gun by accepting just in case you hadn't actually asked her out. Sure no means yes these days anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Okay well your first problem was that it was probably really loud in the class so here is what you are going to do. Wait for her outside the library late at night (so its quiet and she will be able to hear you), wait until shes somewhere even more quiet like the back car park and then surprise her by jumping out of a bush and going "oh my god a rapist" and then punching the closest randomer to you.

She will be so enamoured with your act of selfless courage that hanky panky will be the order of the evening. If there is no randomer you may just have to improvise.

If anyone else has a better plan, Id love to hear it.

good one riamfada.....well, it wasnt really loud as not many were in the classroom yet at that time....anyways, i'm taking it quite well...if i get a chance, i'd ask her again. if it's a no, then i'll just move on i guess...i'd rather not end up like that xkcd piece above...that's so pathetic...lol

Listen man, its happened to me more than once. Upwards and onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Bring in a guitar and spontaneously serenade her in class in front of everyone. Chicks dig that.

On a serious note: chances are she heard and doesn't want to, but if you're not sure, and want to put your mind at rest, try asking her again outside of class.

Possible answers:
    "No": well kudos for putting yourself out there and trying, onwards and upwards.
    "Yes": sweeeeet, you're in the money :)

G'luck either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Depressing story, man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Bring in a guitar and spontaneously serenade her in class in front of everyone. Chicks dig that.

On a serious note: chances are she heard and doesn't want to, but if you're not sure, and want to put your mind at rest, try asking her again outside of class.

Possible answers:
    "No": well kudos for putting yourself out there and trying, onwards and upwards.
    "Yes": sweeeeet, you're in the money :)

G'luck either way.
    The problem with that is that she probably did hear, and it would make you seem pushy to ask again right away. The most likely outcome would be "not yes" being replaced with a firm "no". Another possible outcome would be that she tells all her friends stuff that makes you sound stupid.

There's no harm at all in letting a girl know you're interested. It puts you firmly in the correct context, and puts a seed in her mind. If you leave it and dont act awkward or pissed off or anything she'll respect you for it. She might decide she's interested, and it will probably be obvious by her manner if she does. Then you can ask her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Oh that was me. Sorry I didn't answer - I had, er, eaten garlic the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

A little odd to ask someone out while someone was sitting between ye. Perhaps ask the person in the middle did they hear? Next time the two of ye are alone perhaps you should do it, might be a good idea to do it after a lecture rather than before because if she says no that will be a horrific 50 minutes to endure!

Anyway, best of luck. Nothing ventured, nothing earned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

that's a ridiculously awkward way to ask a girl out

ask her for a coffee then ask her properly, if she did hear you day one she'll probably dodge the coffee and it won't be too awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

OP, my advise would be;
    Go to coppers on a Thursday night and get yourself a nice Trinners nurse...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I've never had a girlfriend or spoken to more than 5 women in my lifetime which the internet has taught me makes the best person to dispense advice here. All you have to do is keep asking her out again and again, acting more like a dickhead each time she rejects you. You can alternatively choose to act more and more desperate but that doesn't work for anybody ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Is there as much sex going on in the library toilets as I think there is?

Is there as much sex going on in the library toilets as I think there is?

Nope but I hear the library study rooms on a sunday can be fun ;)

• Advertisement

Can I just also ask,have you conversed with the girl before or was this someone you admired from afar? It may have been a better idea to strike up conversation rather than introducing yourself with "do you want to be my girlfriend", or something to that effect.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Can I just also ask,have you conversed with the girl before or was this someone you admired from afar? It may have been a better idea to strike up conversation rather than introducing yourself with "do you want to be my girlfriend", or something to that effect.

thinking back it probably wasnt a great idea to ask her at that moment, especially with that blabbering friend sitting at the other side of her. but it's just that, i get really really nervous when i see her, in fact my heart beat goes up so high i actually had to do some caratid sinus massage(apparently its not really a good idea cause its all dangerous and ****, lol)...

hmm i have talked to her a few times before....and its fair to say i did establish my existence pretty well...but again, the talkings were just a few times, not many.....i have a feeling she didn't really hear me...i'll ask her again sometime after valentine's :( .....for a coffee, probably outside ucd right? that might be a bit difficult as well as she always seems to be in a hurry right after lectures...lives far or somethin..

thinking back it probably wasnt a great idea to ask her at that moment, especially with that blabbering friend sitting at the other side of her. but it's just that, i get really really nervous when i see her, in fact my heart beat goes up so high i actually had to do some caratid sinus massage(apparently its not really a good idea cause its all dangerous and ****, lol)...

hmm i have talked to her a few times before....and its fair to say i did establish my existence pretty well...but again, the talkings were just a few times, not many.....i have a feeling she didn't really hear me...i'll ask her again sometime after valentine's :( .....for a coffee, probably outside ucd right? that might be a bit difficult as well as she always seems to be in a hurry right after lectures...lives far or somethin..

Try and join the same club she is into and always beware of teh friend zone! Be sure to consult the graph of action.

000530k7

Riamfada wrote: »
    Try and join the same club she is into and always beware of teh friend zone! Be sure to consult the graph of action.

000530k7

All your years in college and finally you have achieved something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

This reads like of one of those forever alone picture sequences.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    This reads like of one of those forever alone picture sequences.

happy-valentines-day-sweetie-i-love-you-thanks-mom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

asked-out-a-girl-in-my-class-she-kept-quiet.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=forever-alone-guy

I am truely sorry OP, I can only hope that a mod locks this before people start posting those horrid forever alone pictures.

Go-to-college-Have-every-girl-I-like-get-with-my-friends.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Forever-Alone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

1) Date one of her friends and be the best boyfriend there has ever been, she will see what a great guy you are and realise what an opportunity she missed, yeah! that will teach her, she'll like break up with some guy who treated her like dirt and you'll be the shoulder she cries on and she'll look mournfully at you through tear stained eyes and say "Oh why didn't I say yes to you that time back in UCD in 2011" You 1 Her 0

2) Obsess over her, not in a overt stalker kind of way, but stay friends with her so much so that after she marries, a wedding you get invited to but can't say you can't make because of some really flimsy excuse, but stay good friends with the newly weds so much so that they ask you to become godfather to their 2nd child. At some point in the marriage she'll be upset over something he did (or didn't do) and you'll be the shoulder she cries on and she'll look mournfully at you through tear stained eyes and say "Oh why didn't I say yes to you that time back in UCD in 2011" Her 1 You 1

You win on the away goals rule :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

.i'll ask her again sometime after valentine's :( .....for a coffee, probably outside ucd right?

a2q0wl.jpg

I am really sorry. Really.

Advertisement