Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i asked a girl out and she just kept quiet...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Don't despair OP at least you had the balls to actually ask her out, bet most of the other chicken ****s here wouldn't have the courage to do that. Like other people have said you could try asking her again, I think it would be a good idea to ask for her number then text asking to go out sometime and see how it goes. If it works out, great, if it doesn't, nevermind, she wasn't right for you, at least you tried, just chalk it up to experience

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baspower

yea...will do...she did give me her number at the end of that day....wait, wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

baspower wrote: »
    yea...will do...she did give me her number at the end of that day....wait, wtf???

eh :confused:

well she gave me her number only because i said i wanna give her somethin....i didn't think of texting her much over the weekend as i didn't want her to regret giving the number...how'd you know when a girl would be pleased to receive sms from you and when she'd rather not? furthermore, in my case it wasnt like she was waitin to give me her number...

EDIT: i guess the answer to the question i posed above is if i'd never try, i'd never know...

(here's hopin there's not another rock/potato/or whatever that is with the words...she gave her number...i did nothin...lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

would you just ask her OP and put yourself out of your misery!

• Advertisement

yeah yeah ok...the very next chance i get, i'll ask her properly and clearly end it all for once... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

yeah yeah ok...the very next chance i get, i'll ask her properly and clearly end it all for once... :)

Good luck buddy, its a plaster, better to just rip it off and be done with it for better or worse rather then dwell on what might have been etc.

Good on ya too for taking a chance anyway and on the bright side, if she really was ignoring you because you asked her out that doesnt seem like a person you'd want to go out with anyway.

Keep us in the loop.

onwards and upwards guys, onwards and upwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

onwards and upwards guys, onwards and upwards :)

So did she say no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

Do you even know this girl personally ? I mean not in a " college buddy " kinda way or " friend of a friend ".

Second, I think she pretended she didn't hear anything so she wouldn't have to hurt your feelings and say " no ". Or maybe she just didn't hear you.

Anyways, in both ways, I think it was an awkward move. There are many ways you can ask a girl out, it just wasn't the right one.

Or you probably freaked her out since she didn't see it coming.
    Oh and maybe she was weirded out because you kinda asked her out in front of someone else.

Do you even know if she's seeing someone already ? I'd start with that if I were you.

Oh, I by the way, I wouldn't post such a story on this board, just as a matter of safety and privacy (...) who knows, she might read it or someone you know might do so (i.e : The witness of the scene) That'd be quite embarassing.

• Advertisement

MacieC wrote: »
    Anyways, in both ways, I think it was an awkward move. There are many ways you can ask a girl out, it just wasn't the right one.

Why cant girls be normal and not go weird when you ask them out? If a random girl or even a classmate asked me out, Id be overjoyed. Unless of course they were pugfugly in which case I would pretend not to hear them

In any case girls get weird when you ask them out,

Riamfada wrote: »
    Why cant girls be normal and not go weird when you ask them out? If a random girl or even a classmate asked me out, Id be overjoyed. Unless of course they were pugfugly in which case I would pretend not to hear them

In any case girls get weird when you ask them out,

See, girls have a different way of thinking. You guys are too straight forward in your thoughts. You just do or say whatever is on your mind and don't spend hours over-thinking it.
    Girls, by definition, are more " internal " in the sense that if you ask one out, she will spend probably 10 hours thinking about it. Why ? I have no idea, it's just a consistant part of a woman's genes (Annoying I know). But usually girls act weird because they think about :
    * Where it's gonna lead
    * If she likes the person
    * What if it's just a waste of time
    * What if she likes someone else (in that case just say no)
    [Very subjective questionning though]

And so many insignificant questions that guys don't even think about. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but you guys don't think too much. You're like so easy-going like " What's the big deal ? ".

Women are mad.

Ive met a few women in UCD who I liked, then you tell them that you like them and it all goes mental. A quick wear and see how it goes from there, I dont get the big deal.

To be honest, this is really not that big of a deal.
    It's just that when you ask a girl out, she usually thinks about a long-time perspective whereas a guy doesn't care. Guys are more into the whole " let's see how it goes " things and girls tend to use the " what if what if/when " approach.

The only few time I got asked out, I did actually make a big deal out of it, and at the end of the day, it's not even worth it. That's just useless brain usage.

Yeah but I wouldnt have minded a long term thing! (I appear to be releasing some supressed stuff here, go with it)

Riamfada wrote: »
    Yeah but I wouldnt have minded a long term thing!

exactly...

exactly...

If she has asked the questions rather than assuming the answers in a shower of colder shoulderness then things may have been different.

Forever alone. Not really.

I'm just saying this, not all girls take the same approach.

But I believe that girls are less easy going than guys. That's a fact. Why ? There is no real answer to that.

Still, a " date " is always a big deal to a girl, unless she's the kinda girl that would find a new boyfriend every two days. That reminds me of last week, a girl literally spent the 2 hours of the lecture talking about her 1st date with a boy and she kept on analyzing every single word the guy said. Don't even try to understand why. Girls worry way too much.

But yeah, did you finally asked her out or are you still in this limbo ? (author of the thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The biggest question here is probably "Is it possible to make a practical (deterministic) mathematical model for women's responses to date enquiries?".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Davidius wrote: »
    The biggest question here is probably "Is it possible to make a practical (deterministic) mathematical model for women's responses to date enquiries?".

No but heres the next best thing

womenevil4ct.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

Point of this thread is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

No but heres the next best thing
    I find the interpretation of "time and money" here to be a little odd. Questionable clarity so there is.

Paracore wrote: »
    Point of this thread is?

Point of that post is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

When in doubt, Chloroform.

Or stop being such a pussy and ask the girl properly so you know.

Oh and by the way, asking a girl that you barely know out by text is kinda creepy. No offense. That's kinda high-school-ish.

You're just procrastinating, like you already know she's gonna say " no ". Ask her, this way, you'll know if you need to move on or carry on further.

And what's this thread doing in " UCD " ? Isn't it supposed to be somewhere else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

i asked a girl in my class out and she just kept quiet...was it that she didn't hear it...or did she not want to say no at my face?

..sigh... :(
    At least you had the balls to do so fella! takes the positives from it!:)

I didn't wanna put this on the thread but oh wtf...don't do you guys justice if I left the story hangin...

So anyways, basically the reason why I decided to go onwards and upwards was after that whole kept quiet thing, on 14th I casually texted her happy valentines. This went unreplied...so I took this as a clear signal that she doesn't want anything, ergo onwards and upwards.

Well some of my friends said this was a bad move as it would have freaked her out. usually I'd wish all my friends happy valentines and they'd wish me the same as well. Is it that people here treat 'happy valentines' as a somewhat powerful phrase and only use it cautiously? In that case, then it's indeed a snafu...if its not the case, then it's just a signal for onwards and upwards right?

Anyways, movin on so cheers! (of course, just as in riamfada's case, there will be a little bit of soreness somewhere in the heart, but probably just short termed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I didn't wanna put this on the thread but oh wtf...don't do you guys justice if I left the story hangin...

So anyways, basically the reason why I decided to go onwards and upwards was after that whole kept quiet thing, on 14th I casually texted her happy valentines. This went unreplied...so I took this as a clear signal that she doesn't want anything, ergo onwards and upwards.

Well some of my friends said this was a bad move as it would have freaked her out. I'm not Irish but back in my place I'd wish all my friends happy valentines and they'd wish me the same as well. Is it that people here treat 'happy valentines' as a somewhat powerful phrase and only use it cautiously? In that case, then it's indeed a snafu...if its not the case, then it's just a signal for onwards and upwards right?

Anyways, movin on so cheers! (of course, just as in riamfada's case, there will be a little bit of soreness somewhere in the heart, but probably just short termed)

Well fair play anyway mate. At least you gave it a go.:)

• Advertisement

Dude,my story goes back 4 years. Anyways sorry to hear about your experience, the Valentines text was not a good move. Just dont get angry and call her a lesbian in public.

Now organise a boards beers and get some of these forum hotties out. Ill go so thats one hottie at least.

boom

Advertisement