Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fluid Intake - Amount & Content

• 12-02-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've only seen a few bits on Fluids (as such), most centering around Alcohol & Diet, but haven't seen too much about fluid intake in general.

OK, so diet/lifestyle change ...... will obviously cut down the amount of alcohol, but am wondering more along the lines of what else is there to drink that is, not necessarily beneficial, but rather neutral.

Now Water is going to one answer, and I know that you should be drinking a shed load every day anyway, but what about while watching TV of an evening ????

Prob is that I'll drink Tea, Chinese Green, Herbal etc, but the Mrs won't !!!!!

So basically - any advice on Hot & Cold Drinks in General.

Many Thanks In Advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

There's a lot of rubbish talked about fluid. The truth is, there is no definitive answer for how much you need to take, and what form it should be.

Tea is a perfectly good drink, as long as you are not adding tons of sugar to it and dunking hobnobs in every cup. Coffee has a lot of health benefits too, as long as (see before). Water is obviously excellent, but once you're adequately hydrated, there is no benefit to forcing yourself to drink more than you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭teacosy

healthy adults are good at regulating their fluid intake in response to their thirst. infants, small children and older people may not be so good. there's a lot of non evidence based stuff about needing x number of glasses of water a day. if you're wee doesn't look like golden syrup and you're not thirsty, then you're probably doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RPCorrigan

OK .... I'm quite happy to have a cup of tea (no hobnobs etc etc) BUT ..................................................

I usually will sit and have 2/3/4/5 glassessesessessss of wine

What's a good sub ?????/ ditto for da Mrs !!!!

That again raises points --- I know i'M okly hydrated - but if I cut out the wine / beer / [insert BAD stuff here] ..... wot can I replace it wif !!!!???

Sorry .... should have preffeced both answers with who I was aiming them at :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

You could alternate glasses of wine with water, or dilute the wine with sparkling water?

Seriously, you know that one or two glasses of wine are okay, but more than that raises issues.

Aim for the less alcoholic wines. Some of the heavy reds are 12 or even 15% alcohol.

Advertisement