Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cradle Cap

Options
  • 12-02-2011 1:31pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips for getting rid of cradle cap?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

After his bath, I put vaseline on his head and leave it overnight, then brush it out the next day with a soft brush. Usually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Olive oil an hour before the bath, massage it in, then rinse well in the bath. Brush hair several times a day (even though there probably isn't much hair- it's to stimulate the scalp and bloodflow).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

When my son was small he had terrible cradle cap. I tried olive oil on his head as well as lots of other lotions and potions!! I would put vaseline on him before bed and brush it out in the morning and it would be back by the afternoon.

I got sick of him having vaseline on his little head all the time so started using cradle cap shampoo. It was a life saver for me. It kept it at bay for 3 days at a time. He was a year old before I could stop using it though.

Best of luck OP.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I used sweet almond oil and brushed in small circles. It was all gone within a week.

Advertisement