Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeschoolers

• 12-02-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Any other ex home-schoolers on here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Was in college with a home schooled girl: goat farmer from Kerry, had "never seen a toaster" before coming to Dublin and stands outside the Science block every Thursday protesting the dissection of mice by medical students. Is that typical for a home schooled person.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I'm only one person so I can't comment on what is or is not typical. For us we were travelling the world, our parents speak four languages and love science so were well able to teach us. And there are eight of us. I love science, don't care about dissections as long as there is a point to it. We're not vegan tree-huggers, not that that is a bad thing. I just find school ten steps back after being home-schooled though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Just curious but what subjects did you do for the LC? And how many points did you get? Trivial, really. But I'm curious :P

Advertisement