Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

From Three's FB page:-

3 Ireland ‎@Ciaran We will be selling the 16GB non NFC version. On 18mth it is €169

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AILS_00

Can you tell me with non NFC means? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

AILS_00 wrote: »

NFC=Near Field Communications

Used for wireless payment only very new and not rolled out properly. Shouldn't effect you for the lifetime of this phone especially as Ireland will probably be the last place to take up wireless payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AILS_00

Ok, cool - thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Alan_Madden

AILS_00 wrote: »

NFC is near field communication Ails. It means U can use your phone to pay for things..ie scan your phone instead of using laser/credit card etc etc and it is deducted from whichever a/c you have set up.

I wouldn't worry about not having it on your phone, it'll be a while before we are set up for that in Ireland. Not worth the investment as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Hope someone has this for 500 (or under) on payg although I am not holding my breadth considering te sensation is selling at 450.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Is there a chance that they will go on sale at midnight on the meteor site?

Is there a chance that they will go on sale at midnight on the meteor site?

A chance yes...

I went into the meteor shop today and asked about pricing for the GS2 telling them that CPW have it in stock and I want to compare for tomorrow only to be told no we dont have it yet... acted like the phone didnt exist... so I wouldnt be too sure... Im going at 9am to buy from CPW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

Just wondering has anyone tried emobile yet? What are they saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

thomasj wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone tried emobile yet? What are they saying?

Same as Meteor I expect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

CPW said its about E280 for the E35 priceplan 200min, 200 txt, 1GB on Meteor. Not an official price just a guideline

Hope someone has this for 500 (or under) on payg although I am not holding my breadth considering te sensation is selling at 450.

Conor, o2 have priced the phone at 519 PAYG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

rh5555 wrote: »
    CPW said its about E280 for the E35 priceplan 200min, 200 txt, 1GB on Meteor. Not an official price just a guideline

That is the price for first time connections / migration from payg/lite plans. Price for Porting from other network/Contract Upgrades is €250

Conor, o2 have priced the phone at 519 PAYG.

I wonder if it will be available straightaway on PAYG considering very few handsets are gonna be out tomorrow and carrier/store preference would be for contract customers..

reb73 wrote: »
    I wonder if it will be available straightaway on PAYG considering very few handsets are gonna be out tomorrow and carrier/store preference would be for contract customers..

You are dead right, 2 weeks wait PAYG ....apparently!! I have 300 yo yo in CPW vouchers I've hid away since x-mas, and I wanna spend those bad boys on this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

reb73 wrote: »

Yeah, was hoping to pick it up PAYG tomorrow but not holding my breath. And I have a ton of Carphone Warehouse vouchers to use so cant even try the carriers directly / online.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

You are dead right, 2 weeks wait PAYG ....apparently!! I have 300 yo yo in CPW vouchers I've hid away since x-mas, and I wanna spend those bad boys on this phone.

Snap Alan! lol

Mc Love wrote: »

499 with flex 25, U may aswell buy it payg ffs.

As for the 24 mth contract - who in their right mind would get that!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

thinking about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Any prices for 02 bill pay yet?

570 are they having a laugh?

boc121 wrote: »
    Any prices for 02 bill pay yet?

See my earlier post for CPW's prices on O2 bill pay plans

AD 250 - €199
    AD 350 - €169
    AD 550 - €129
    AD 700 - Free

The plans are available in both 12/18 month durations on the O2 website, but not entirely sure if 12 month plans will be offered by CPW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Metoer twitter rep confirmed phone on sale tomorrow 9am for both payg and billpay.

Said price be out at some point today.

Carphone warehouse said the same but neither have pricing

Rumourmill is saying bout €479 for payg which would price it the same as the HTC sensation

Either way be grabbing mine first thing, so excited!

But defo confirmed out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

RonnieL wrote: »
    Got my GS1 for €99 in carphone warehouse last year on a €35 12month meteor contract. Definitely pricey in that context, but I think Samsung have made their name with the GS1 so perhaps they are cashing in.

My contract isn't up until August 2nd anyway so I'll decide what to do then.

I got exactly the same phone and contract last year. mine is not up until the end of August, however i rang them last week and asked if i was due an upgrade as i'd dropped my phone and broke the screen. I was put on hold for a few seconds and they said i could have an upgrade. I'm staying with Meteor anyway so if you are then get onto them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

570 are they having a laugh?

Exactly what I was thinking. What a rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

so available to order online now on three....think i will go for the 40e per month option for 18months, 169e then for the phone

Exactly what I was thinking. What a rip.

The doc mentioned 470 above, so even if it comes in under 500 I will be snapping it up quicksmart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

anoble66 wrote: »
    so available to order online now on three....think i will go for the 40e per month option for 18months, 169e then for the phone

Yes, I rang them 2mins ago asking for an upgrade and they told me that this phone is not available until tomorrow... Your man didn't want to listen and couldn't believe that this phone is on web...clows... I said it is unprofessional and silly and he advised me to ring them tomorrow wtf? Do u think that I will be able to sell desire hd for 300euro?? Perfect condition with no marks etc....

First customer support call with three?? :D

Dont worry it will get worse, before it get even crappier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The doc mentioned 470 above, so even if it comes in under 500 I will be snapping it up quicksmart.

If it's under €500 then I might be able to talk myself into buying it. I definitely won't be spending close to €600 on it though.

Nor should you as you can get it on amazon for 560 unlocked and unbranded.

Although, I doubt it will come in under 500 as the sensation is selling for 450 - but hopefully.

If it's under €500 then I might be able to talk myself into buying it. I definitely won't be spending close to €600 on it though.

Dont take my word for it but there are some reliable sources pricing it @ €479 to match the HTC Sensation price.

I wont go much more then€500 myself tbh considering the Sensation is €479 and its really nip and tuck between the two and I've had a greta time with my HTC Desire....

Just to confirm, dont take my word for gospel ,just from a few lads and lassies in the know gave me the heads up on that price.

They also put me onto tommorows release date before it was announced ;)

Hopefully, I think the s2 is worth the extra 90 euro its just i cant justify or afford over 500 euro and tbh 480 is a stretch. (can root now, better screen and battery - i wont be using sense for long)

Hopefully, I think the s2 is worth the extra 90 euro its just i cant justify or afford over 500 euro and tbh 480 is a stretch. (can root now, better screen and battery - i wont be using sense for long)

I just dont wna tthe situation where I go down early morning to find the price unacceptable then be put into a situation where I might pickup the HTC Sensation when I've decided on the Samsung.

They cant justify charging over €500 imo and I really dont see how they can with the Sensation being released same day for €479....and they are pretty much the exact same phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

First customer support call with three?? :D

Dont worry it will get worse, before it get even crappier.

No surprise really....I'm 4 years with them with three accounts me,wife and daughter, my wife doesn't care about phones so I switch them every 6 months...

I mean phones... :D

The s2 is worth more than the sensation. Plus they are still selling single core phones with less ram for well into 400 euro so I can see them going over 500.

Again, I hope they dont because if they do I will buy online.

€579 from three.ie, not a good sign

http://www.three.ie/shop/products/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-black.html?_selectedTariff=billpay&_defaultPriceplan=25

If thats the price being touted by the other shops might stick with the Sensation, I dont believe that its worth the extra €100 for literally nothing bar an unsigned bootloader.

A bootloader that can be eventually broken through.

MY HTC Desire experience has been positive enough to keep me with them, heres hoping for a pricing miracle from CPW and Meteor, 3 have a history of being expensive

Lots of people I reckon, ill bet they tied tonnes of people into 2 years with the iphone's that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

I would. I've been with them for well over 24 months and they are the best value out there for what i do want to do with a phone. Now I'm getting a phone worth 600 (thereabouts) and two years of more texts, phone-calls and mobile internet than I can reasonably use for 960.

If there's a better way to do it I'd like to hear it.

My S II is on it's way from three having just been ordered on-line!

• Advertisement

I think its worth the extra 100 for the battery, screen and ram especially if you take sense out of the equation (i would be putting cm7 on it)

That said I am not paying 570 for it, no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Lordfranto

I would. I've been with them for well over 24 months and they are the best value out there for what i do want to do with a phone. Now I'm getting a phone worth 600 (thereabouts) and two years of more texts, phone-calls and mobile internet than I can reasonably use for 960.

Cool so in 6 weeks or so u ll have a snazy new gs2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im in work tomorrow so I cant get to a store or internet. I have someone logging on at 9 to try and get the phone for me. Fingers crossed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinapples

I thought it was a fair deal too tbh! Same as the iphone 4 deal and that wasn't bad value. I spend that much on PAYG credit some months, and that's being prudent and no internet..

Smartphone packages are wayyy better value than they were 2 or 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 smcnena

I wonder will the one from 3 have any branded crap on it? Just about to upgrade myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

I plan to sign up with Three tomorrow for this on billpay. What paperwork/bills/ID etc will I need to pick one up in a shop?

clacks wrote: »
    I plan to sign up with Three tomorrow for this on billpay. What paperwork/bills/ID etc will I need to pick one up in a shop?

Got this from the FAQ on their site

What details do I need to provide so that I can buy a mobile on a contract?

Whether you buy online or on the phone, we will need some personal details, occupation details, current address and delivery address details.
    You will also have to set up a direct debit instruction for your monthly bill and you will need your bank account number and bank sort code to do this. We will also need to take payment for any upfront costs (your mobile). You can use your credit or debit card for this.
    Once you have placed your order and had it confirmed, we will perform a credit check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Phynios

I'm going for Meteor. Three's lack of an edge network ruins their offer for me. And the ridiculous contract lengths!

Just looking at three's website and trying to select a plan for my upgrade. Looking at going for the

Classic Flex Max for €40 per month, €169 for the phone
    • 350 Flexi-Units
    • Unlimited free 3 to 3 minutes
    • All you can eat data and 1 freebie add-on included
    • Contract length: 30 day (if SIM Only) or 18 months (if mobile)

According to http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/all_you_can_eat_data.html

I will only have the All you can eat data add on until 31/12/2011.
    Should this not be for the duration of the new 18 month contract?

Maybe I should just go with my current plan and buy the phone for €369, for about €29 per month and stick an add on for data usage onto the plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

smcnena wrote: »
    Just looking at three's website and trying to select a plan for my upgrade. Looking at going for the

Classic Flex Max for €40 per month, €169 for the phone
    • 350 Flexi-Units
    • Unlimited free 3 to 3 minutes
    • All you can eat data and 1 freebie add-on included
    • Contract length: 30 day (if SIM Only) or 18 months (if mobile)

According to http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/billpay/all_you_can_eat_data.html

I will only have the All you can eat data add on until 31/12/2011.
    Should this not be for the duration of the new 18 month contract?

Maybe I should just go with my current plan and buy the phone for €369, for about €29 per month and stick an add on for data usage onto the plan.
    get the 24 month contract and the 169 you'll save will go toward 4 months of bills.

Advertisement