Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭paddypowder

people were going mental about how good the iphone4 offer was on three

i think the 24 month contract is fine(with free sgs2)
    18 month is fine aswell

Im going for the 24 month tomor on classic flex max
    really the all you can eat data is the game changer... id be lucky to use 250 flexi-units in calls and texts.. but will use around 4-5gb in data

• Registered Users Posts: 24 smcnena

get the 24 month contract and the 169 you'll save will go toward 4 months of bills.

Ye, you could be right. Think I might go with that option. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Lordfranto

From 3s t&cs
    New Flex Max customers moving to Three on or after 1st March 2011 will have this Service automatically applied to their accounts. Flex Max customers with a Three account on or before 28th February 2011 (“Existing customers”) must opt in to receive the Service. This Service will end for Existing customers on 31st December 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Phynios wrote: »
    I'm going for Meteor. Three's lack of an edge network ruins their offer for me. And the ridiculous contract lengths!

Voda are rolling out EDGE, so 3 customers benefit there too.

How are the contract lengths ridiculous? 3 offer a 12 month contract, with a large up-front payment, their 18 month offer is pretty standard for that level of handset, and the tariffs are competitive. If you dont want to shell out hard cash up-front you can choose the 24 month contract.

bd250110 wrote: »

How are the contract lengths ridiculous? 3 offer a 12 month contract, with a large up-front payment, their 18 month offer is pretty standard for that level of handset, and the tariffs are competitive. If you dont want to shell out hard cash up-front you can choose the 24 month contract.

It's been my experience that 3 are not great at all, I was one of their first customers in Ireland, it sounded great loads of free stuff, guess wot none of it was as it seemed, any free stuff I did have ended up being charged for before long, I was on the highest tarrif and bills were always another €60 odd quid more. I moved to o2 to get iPhone same price tarrif never went over the price and didn't change my calling or txt habits. Oh and within a year o2 advised I was spending to much and dropped me to €60 pm which I hardly ever go over! Unfortunitely meteor are simply unbeatable at the mo so I'll be leaving o2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Once I see Meteor's proper pricing tomorrow ill make a decision on which network... I hope the pricing is sharp.

@LordFranto lol that pretty much my history of networks too, first contract with 3 when launched... sure three are cheap at the moment but if you have to ring them god help you! If you say one thing thats not on their script they get all upset and go back to the start... its sooo painful.. even though I have been with three now for close on 2.5years they still bloody ring me to try sell me stuff!

fionny wrote: »
    Once I see Meteor's proper pricing tomorrow ill make a decision on which network... I hope the pricing is sharp.

@LordFranto lol that pretty much my history of networks too, first contract with 3 when launched... sure three are cheap at the moment but if you have to ring them god help you! If you say one thing thats not on their script they get all upset and go back to the start... its sooo painful.. even though I have been with three now for close on 2.5years they still bloody ring me to try sell me stuff!

Yeah I hear ya, I'll try and avoid em like they are a nasty dose. O2 customer service is very very good, but there service with smart phones is very poor in the west and midlands. I think vodafone are bout the best service wise but they simply will not compete on price. It's like here's our deal and u should be grateful to have a vodafone contract! I'm with em for me home phone, rang em and said oi lads I have home phone plus bb with y'all do us deal please! Vodafone Dood says I'll beat your current provider no prob, he procedes to quote me a plan with less mins and txt that cost more. Was all proud of himself too! FAIL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

people were going mental about how good the iphone4 offer was on three

i think the 24 month contract is fine(with free sgs2)
    18 month is fine aswell

Im going for the 24 month tomor on classic flex max
    really the all you can eat data is the game changer... id be lucky to use 250 flexi-units in calls and texts.. but will use around 4-5gb in data

all you can eat is the business, can use my GS mk I for tethering also, so basically a wirelss hot spot.

get 3000 text, 300 mins and all you can eat, 15pound mth

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mccarrd2

Meteor cheapest tariff phones cost €249 (upgrade i think) and €279, seen the priceplans today. They know they have a loyal following and can charge more for the handsets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

O2 have had that since nearly forever at this stage.

• Advertisement

O2 have had that since nearly forever at this stage.[/QUO

vodafone don't have EDGE? I didn't know that, even meteor have EDGE!
    So what currently on vodafone if u don't got 3g u got what? Wap?

all you can eat is the business, can use my GS mk I for tethering also, so basically a wirelss hot spot.

get 3000 text, 300 mins and all you can eat, 15pound mth

That's a British tarrif absolutely no good to the majority on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Just ordered it couldnt wait any longer they have link up to get it now
    http://bit.ly/lgOviu

www.facebook.com/3ireland is where I got it from.
    I'm leaving Meteor which I found great hope 3 are just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 smcnena

Same here, have just ordered it from 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Phynios

That's good about the edge upgrade, but as an O2 user for years, it's a little disappointing that my choices are limited due to a lack of network technology that has been around for years! Did Vodafone give a time frame on the rollout? Anyway, it's a good thing!

I actually agree with you about the length of 3's contracts, and the options that they open for people. But IMHO two years is a very long time to tie yourself down to a contract, not to mention a single handset. I change handset regularly but that's just me. Most people wait for their contract to expire or to qualify for an upgrade. It'd be slow coming on a 24 month contract. But again, that's just my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Lordfranto wrote: »
    From 3s t&cs
    New Flex Max customers moving to Three on or after 1st March 2011 will have this Service automatically applied to their accounts. Flex Max customers with a Three account on or before 28th February 2011 (“Existing customers”) must opt in to receive the Service. This Service will end for Existing customers on 31st December 2011.
    does this mean in 2012 they'll make us pay more for data on top of the €40/month?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

robz18 wrote: »
    does this mean in 2012 they'll make us pay more for data on top of the €40/month?

No, it means it'll go back to just 1GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/921534/samsung_galaxy_s2_woe_as_screen_defect_persists.html

Can somebody comment on it please? I will wait with purchase...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Off topic, but seeing as a lot of people are mentioning it, I have had EDGE on Vodafone around the Dublin area for about 2 weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

has anyone managed to get to a store to see if the phones available yet?? nothing on the websites except for 3's so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Anyone find out if it's out on Meteor? Not on their website anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

keep checking meteor twitter page http://twitter.com/#!/meteor_mobile

im still waiting myself on meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Picked up mine in vodafone just there in swords. 479 same price as HTC sensation. Confrned unlocked in store opened mine and threw my similar in.

Carphone warehouse were looking for 600. Meteorhave in stock but didn't bother going in to ask

TheDoc wrote: »
    Picked up mine in vodafone just there in swords. 479 same price as HTC sensation. Confrned unlocked in store opened mine and threw my similar in.

Carphone warehouse were looking for 600. Meteorhave in stock but didn't bother going in to ask

Fan-tastic. Thanks. ;)

Just picked up my GS2 on Smart 35 (12month contract) in CPW this morning, cost 249 but was happy to pay to stay away from three... got 150euro trade in on my desire which very good as they are selling for an average of 130 on ebay + fee's on top of that!

That's not a bad price for a 12mt contract (€30pm online).

€40 rebate from Fatcheese and sell my Desire... Sorted. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Does anyone know if the carphonewarehouse have SHII on meteor ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone know when the SGS2 will be on the Voda website?

• Advertisement

thegoth wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the carphonewarehouse have SHII on meteor ?
    fionny wrote: »
    Just picked up my GS2 on Smart 35 (12month contract) in CPW this morning, cost 249 but was happy to pay to stay away from three... got 150euro trade in on my desire which very good as they are selling for an average of 130 on ebay + fee's on top of that!

:D

:D

Lol was about to do the same... 3 posts up it was :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I just rang CPW in Carrickmines and they claim to only have it for o2. PAYG is 540. I didn't ask about contract prices.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

I just rang CPW in Henry st. They said its wont be on their system til tomorrow !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Picked up my GSII at CPW Dundrum earlier this morning on Meteor BPSmart35 contact for €240 (250 - 10 groupscheme voucher)

Was apparently the last one (according to the sales guy) in that store :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

579.99 on Meteor prepay according to their twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 googlyboogly

When will the SG2 be on the Vodafone or o2 website, does anyone know? The only place I can find it is on the 3.ie website.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

picked up one in Vodafone dundrum earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Picked one up in CPW on Grafton Street, just now. They got 5 in per network and had sold 5 in the prevous half hour. €250 on Meteor 12 month €35pm plan.

Got €150 for trading in my Desire which I though was great considering I paid €180 for it just over a year ago. So new phone only cost €100. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Can anybody confirm if the Meteor contract version is SIM locked to Meteor only????

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

It may not be sim locked, as you are locked into paying them a contract for 12 months minimum anyway?

520 on 02 payg is the best deal - are 02 prepay usually locked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

It may not be sim locked, as you are locked into paying them a contract for 12 months minimum anyway?

520 on 02 payg is the best deal - are 02 prepay usually locked?

Look above you'll see that Vodafone are selling it for 480, unlocked too apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Anyone know how much it is on an 18 month contract with Meteor? I had presumed it would be in line with Vodafones pricing for the Sensation so I'm surprised they're charging 249 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Sold out in Dundrum IN CPW at 9:15 this morning! headed to blackrock and got the second last one. 249 on the 12 month meteor smart contract.

Well happy as I thought they would only offer it on the 18 month contract. Phone is unbranded so I reckon its unlocked, dont havea non-meteor sim to check though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Bought one on vodafone prepay and it's sim free, my meteor sim is working fine it it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭omega666

Up on Vodafone website now, all out of stock.

seadnamac wrote: »
    Anyone know how much it is on an 18 month contract with Meteor? I had presumed it would be in line with Vodafones pricing for the Sensation so I'm surprised they're charging 249 for it.

249 also for the 30euro 18 month tarrif. They are charging it because they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just got mine a while ago. Cant get over how light it is!!

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just got mine a while ago. Cant get over how light it is!!

It is super light alright was surprised myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

tonto2010 wrote: »
    Sold out in Dundrum IN CPW at 9:15 this morning! headed to blackrock and got the second last one. 249 on the 12 month meteor smart contract.

Well happy as I thought they would only offer it on the 18 month contract. Phone is unbranded so I reckon its unlocked, dont havea non-meteor sim to check though.

I got the last one there around 9:05 am! :D

It is unlocked, you can check your handset by dialling in the following code in your dialler -

*#7465625#

Network Lock should be [OFF]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

up on meteor site now

• Advertisement
Advertisement