Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

thegame wrote: »
    up on meteor site now

Where!? Link? I cant see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

how much on upgrade with meteor?
    up on meteor site now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

fionny wrote: »
    249 also for the 30euro 18 month tarrif. They are charging it because they can.

Yea, works out cheaper in the long run anyway compared with Voda's bill pay plans. How does it feel in the hand? Is the plastic a drawback?

Does the Meteor Bill pay €30 a month tariff include free calls and texts to Meteor numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

draffodx wrote: »
    Does the Meteor Bill pay €30 a month tariff include free calls and texts to Meteor numbers?

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/smart/#plans-tab
    Get free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts on all Bill Pay Smart plans when you move your number to Meteor online.

draffodx wrote: »

Bill Pay Smart €30
    Minimum contract length 18 months
    Price per month €25.00
    Inclusive minutes 200
    Inclusive texts 200
    Inclusive data 1 GB
    Meteor to Meteor calls Free
    Meteor to Meteor texts Free
    Calls to other networks and landlines 25c / min
    Texts to other networks 10c / text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Meteor is pretty good except when it comes to data abroad. Vodafone have them beat on that.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Meteor is pretty good except when it comes to data abroad. Vodafone have them beat on that.

What Vodafone are cheaper then 99c per mb in europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Just got the last one of the meteor stock in carphonewarehouse on grafton st.
    Think they only had 5 in.

Had two people come in while my purchase and contract were being processed and had to be turned away, the dirty looks they gave me... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

€580 on meteor pre pay pffffft to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Got this with three for €69 on a 18 month contract. Good deal I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

dont think i can afford the meteor one..whats the THREE network like?

dont know any of my friends on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I'm a Meteor PAYG customer but will be moving to billpay to get this phone. I know it says you get free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts if you move online but I can't do that if I'm PAYG, plus I have a voucher that only works in their stores. Do you think they'd give the free calls/txts in the shop?

Strange that shops only have a tiny amount of phones in, surely they were expecting a big demand?

• Advertisement

I'm a Meteor PAYG customer but will be moving to billpay to get this phone. I know it says you get free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts if you move online but I can't do that if I'm PAYG, plus I have a voucher that only works in their stores. Do you think they'd give the free calls/txts in the shop?

Strange that shops only have a tiny amount of phones in, surely they were expecting a big demand?

To be honest I think they give it to everyone, just ask.

As for the stock, I think its more down to the fact that there is a worldwide demand for this phone and the stock they got is probably all they could manage to get!

dont think i can afford the meteor one..whats the THREE network like?

dont know any of my friends on it

I'm with three six years and have never had a problem. Others on here have though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Are you all getting the 16 GB version??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Anyone get it with Vodafone although the handset is unlocked?

Is there much Vodafone branding?

Thinking I'll get it on Vodafone but want to remain a o2 customer.

Ardent wrote: »
    Are you all getting the 16 GB version??

Yes, 32 not available anyway, rumour has it sammy might be getting rid of the 32 full stop due to being too expensive for most people and what with being able to slap a 32gb sd in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Picked up a prepay one in the Vodafone Store on Grafton St, had a ton of one4all vouchers to only cost me 40euro! Boom!

And yes its unlocked, my meteor sim worked perfectly. I have it charging at the moment but all I want to do is play with it. lol

No Vodafone splash screen that I noticed, but not checked if I can remove the vodafone crapware yet, I will when on bus home later, stupid work.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

I think Meteor works out as best value for average usage. 30 EUR x 12 months + 249 EUR up front. What's their network like for data in rural parts of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

it is all so confusing!! is there a website to compare prices and bill pay plans etc for this phone yet for ireland?? i have so many tabs open and my laptop is about to explode! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Hi Guys,

Dose anyone know if you can use the Galaxy to set up a wifi hot spot like you can with the iPhone 4? Im concidering my options at the moment, would like to stick with meteor but I like the look of all you can east data on 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yes you can, its standard in more modern builds of Android.
    Hi Guys,

Dose anyone know if you can use the Galaxy to set up a wifi hot spot like you can with the iPhone 4? Im concidering my options at the moment, would like to stick with meteor but I like the look of all you can east data on 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Ardent wrote: »
    I think Meteor works out as best value for average usage. 30 EUR x 12 months + 249 EUR up front. What's their network like for data in rural parts of Ireland?

Terrible. Meteor 3G is almost non-existent outside of urban centres.

Just noticed www.samsungdive.com

All the same features of Sense, Track / Lock / Ring / Wipe phone all remotely. You can turn it on from settings and security!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

kalych wrote: »
    Just got the last one of the meteor stock in carphonewarehouse on grafton st.
    Think they only had 5 in.

Had two people come in while my purchase and contract were being processed and had to be turned away, the dirty looks they gave me... :P

I was in there about 12.50 and your man said there is none in stockstock for Meteor yet, not for maybe a few weeks! WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

reb73 wrote: »
    I got the last one there around 9:05 am! :D

It is unlocked, you can check your handset by dialling in the following code in your dialler -

*#7465625#

Network Lock should be [OFF]

yep unlocked :D

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

You can indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Is vodafone prepay and better than 3's or meteors? Any reason to switch and save 20 euro?

fionny wrote: »
    Just noticed www.samsungdive.com

All the same features of Sense, Track / Lock / Ring / Wipe phone all remotely. You can turn it on from settings and security!

cool, does it work in ireland though and what networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

No_Deal wrote: »
    Anyone get it with Vodafone although the handset is unlocked?

Is there much Vodafone branding?

Thinking I'll get it on Vodafone but want to remain a o2 customer.

Just got mine from Vodafone. No branding on box or phone and have yet to see any vodaphone apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Awh this phone is amazing. Was playing around with it in 3 store today and I was just blown away. However I really really hope the nasty, cheap plastic backing on the phone can be replaced. It just turned me off buying the phone there and then. If it was a solid casing and felt like it could stand a drop or two it would be a no brainer for me.

Damn it I'm so confused right now as to what to do.:rolleyes:

cool, does it work in ireland though and what networks?

Yup I just set it up on mine, and did a few tests... all worked well, im on meteor... it shouldnt matter what network you are on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

There's no branding but there are apps - voda 360 and voda services.
    foobar wrote: »
    Just got mine from Vodafone. No branding on box or phone and have yet to see any vodaphone apps.

you can always remove those, well at least when you root it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just bought my Gs2 online, smart50 plan. 18 month contract is madness though. I actually thought I would have the phone by friday but i must send in copies of identification & proof of address:( so it will be next week before I get a chance to use the phone.

Just bought my Gs2 online, smart50 plan. 18 month contract is madness though. I actually thought I would have the phone by friday but i must send in copies of identification & proof of address:( so it will be next week before I get a chance to use the phone.

Can you not scan them and email them? I was hoping to do that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭leemaree

I went into Vodafone Dun Laoghaire and they are not selling an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

They not going to tell you it's unlocked, so you can buy it and use it on another network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Email says

Within 2 working days you will receive an email with your contract. You will need to print this out, sign it and return it to us along with
    • A clear photocopy of your proof of identification
    • A clear photocopy of your proof of address

So I would imagine you must post them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

does 3 have the tegra 2 S2's or the Exynos 4210 S2's ??

Actual good question above

which version do vodafone sell on payg?

Exynos 4210 version is named GI-i9100 ? - which is what vodafone are selling.

They are all unlocked. I got mine in stillorgan and its unlocked, even though they said it was locked.
    leemaree wrote: »
    I went into Vodafone Dun Laoghaire and they are not selling an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II

• Advertisement

Is there any way to calibrate the touch screen. I'm left handed and I'd swear this phone is biased towards right handers! its driving me nuts.

its not a golf club once you touch the right place it should work no matter what handed you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭leemaree

Someone posted above that u can get the phone unlocked off them. He got on and put his Meteor sim in it. I want to get it from vodaphone (because it's cheaper) and put my 02 sim in it, so how do I buy without going into a shop unless i go online

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

leemaree wrote: »
    Someone posted above that u can get the phone unlocked off them. He got on and put his Meteor sim in it. I want to get it from vodaphone (because it's cheaper) and put my 02 sim in it, so how do I buy without going into a shop unless i go online

Just buy it in Vodafone, it is already unlocked. Don't ask for an unlocked phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

iPwnage wrote: »
    does 3 have the tegra 2 S2's or the Exynos 4210 S2's ??

Exynos w/o NFC = GT9100
    Exynos with NFC = GT9101
    Tegra2 = GT9103

AFAIK, all handsets in UK/Ireland currently are GT9100 (Mine certainly is!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement