Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Zirconia wrote: »
    Just got this from Amazon - gives you an extra 250 mAh over the standard Samsung battery - seems great so far:

Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S II Galaxy S2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-1900mAh-Battery-GT-I9100-EB-F1A2GBU/dp/B00567Y7A6

Also waiting for this Lexar 32 GB MicroSDHC with USB reader, it's good value (not the cheapest, but a good price with a reliable brand) €51.99

http://www.expansys.ie/lexar-32gb-microsdhc-high-speed-card-with-reader-class-10-208567/

Let us know how you get on with the battery.
    I heard it's meant to get better with a few charges.
    Thinking of getting one myself.
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I know there are rumoured release dates of end of Q1 for ICS on the SGS2, but does anyone know when it will be officially released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

SuprSi wrote: »
    I know there are rumoured release dates of end of Q1 for ICS on the SGS2, but does anyone know when it will be officially released?

It's only in Alpha stage with Samsung at the moment. There is no realistic way of even Samsung being able to be more accurate.

When it hits beta, we might be given a better picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

Just got this from Amazon - gives you an extra 250 mAh over the standard Samsung battery - seems great so far:

Anker 1900mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S II Galaxy S2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-1900mAh-Battery-GT-I9100-EB-F1A2GBU/dp/B00567Y7A6

Also waiting for this Lexar 32 GB MicroSDHC with USB reader, it's good value (not the cheapest, but a good price with a reliable brand) €51.99

http://www.expansys.ie/lexar-32gb-microsdhc-high-speed-card-with-reader-class-10-208567/

amazon had those 32gig cards for £25 in november.. I'm waiting for them to come down again. (got one but want another for the Tablet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just and FYI that the 32GB Lexar card is currently 30GBP (30.74 GBP delivered to Ireland).

Works out about 37-38 EUR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I sometimes send texts to the wrong person and only realise this when I press send. Is there a button to press to cancel the sending of the message? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Just and FYI that the 32GB Lexar card is currently 30GBP (30.74 GBP delivered to Ireland).

Works out about 37-38 EUR.

It pays to shop around obviously. I quess I'm too fond of doing my google searches with "Pages from Ireland" selected. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Just got an SII on adverts. Anyone recommend a car cradle/charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Lordfranto

It pays to shop around obviously. I quess I'm too fond of doing my google searches with "Pages from Ireland" selected. :o

There's a company in sentry called memorycards.ie that has 32gb cards transend for around 50 quid and if ya have a problem u can return it to em direct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

You can get the original Samsung car cradle for about 28£, not sure if it comes with charger though

• Advertisement

vicM wrote: »
    You can get the original Samsung car cradle for about 28£, not sure if it comes with charger though

I got the official cradle a few weeks ago. Rock solid. No cable provided. Just the mount.

However, it's VERY good. Rock Solid. Even has a hole for Dash Cam. I guess I'll be posting obnoxious videos again, soon.

Edit : This is it. I also got the Desk Stand. Both well worth the money but neither only the car mounts comes with a charging cable.

Edit 2 : OMFG Sorry. The car mount DOES come with a car charger [fits in cigarette charger hole thingy]

RangeR wrote: »
    I got the official cradle a few weeks ago. Rock solid. No cable provided. Just the mount.

However, it's VERY good. Rock Solid. Even has a hole for Dash Cam. I guess I'll be posting obnoxious videos again, soon.

Edit : This is it. I also got the Desk Stand. Both well worth the money but neither only the car mounts comes with a charging cable.

Edit 2 : OMFG Sorry. The car mount DOES come with a car charger [fits in cigarette charger hole thingy]

Sweet, thanks for that, all the official ones I had seen were 50e.

Sweet, thanks for that, all the official ones I had seen were 50e.

If yer getting it, I'd suggest purchasing this too. Makes a HUGE difference and helps with not stressing the usb port in the mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I posted this question, in the Galaxy S thread by accident, but thought it'd be better to ask S2 owners....I'm able to upgrade to an S2 for 239, or a Samsung Nexus for 289. Does anyone think the Nexus is worth the extra €€€?

Thanks

Cianos wrote: »
    I'm able to upgrade to an S2 for 239, or a Samsung Nexus for 289. Does anyone think the Nexus is worth the extra €€€?

Thanks

Hardware wise, the SGS2 beats the Nexus on all but one or two points. Forget which. Compare both, side by side on gsmarena to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Have been using brodit for years now. Would not have anything else at this stage. Brilliant cradle..but expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Brother doesn't like android so I fixed his iphone for him and now he's offering me his galaxy s2 for €100. The phone is barely used. I'm more of a HTC man but I might just buy it off him incase I break me evo3d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

seanybiker wrote: »
    Brother doesn't like android so I fixed his iphone for him and now he's offering me his galaxy s2 for €100. The phone is barely used. I'm more of a HTC man but I might just buy it off him incase I break me evo3d.

You might even prefer it... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone know of a way to get rid of the screen saver?

• Advertisement

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Anyone know of a way to get rid of the screen saver?
    Sceensaver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

How do i get rid of apps like 3 football, Boards deals and pumps.ie..

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Sceensaver?

+1 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Sceensaver?
    I'm guessing they meant the lock screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Ye screen saver /lock screen ! Is there a difference?
    Anyway to turn it off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

-Corkie- wrote: »

You cant (yet ) (without rooting)

more info here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Ye screen saver /lock screen ! Is there a difference?
    Anyway to turn it off?
    No lock in the market

Yup. Go DarkyRomHD. You won't look back.

Yup. Go DarkyRomHD. You won't look back.

My phones in warranty so I dont want to chance it. Whats the newest stock rom and when is there a newer one coming???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

My phones in warranty so I dont want to chance it. Whats the newest stock rom and when is there a newer one coming???

Ice cream sandwich is due soon but not sure on dates.

Damo9090 wrote: »

Due end of Q1 but that could stretch to Q2

• Advertisement

What is that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

What is that??

Android 4.0. The latest version of the operating system.

I get a feeling it will be much kinder to the battery.

Android 4.0. The latest version of the operating system.

I get a feeling it will be much kinder to the battery.

Cheers. Will they do any updates to improve Bluetooth call quality or is that a different thing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm waiting for the official release of 4.0, there doesn't seem to be that many improvements, especially with touchwiz covering them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

im currently on villainrom but want to move to checkrom.

is there instructions on how to put checkrom on?

also since moving to villainrom samsung kies software no longer recognises the device..is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Looking into getting a case for this Galaxy S2. Any recommendations and where to buy them? I really like the look of this Otterbox case. But that comes to over €40 from amazon with shipping added!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I have this one and find it brilliant. Fits nice and tight and screen protector included. I paid e15 but looks like you can get it now for e7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

After spending the whole day learning to root my phone I still have the same problems.

The volume for music is limited.

The Apps such as RTE, Boards etc are still there and can't be deleted. Anyone help with these matters?

Running CheckRom RevoHD V4

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Looking into getting a case for this Galaxy S2. Any recommendations and where to buy them? I really like the look of this Otterbox case. But that comes to over €40 from amazon with shipping added!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/230714550887?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3317wt_1348
    I got this one, picture doesn't do it complete justice. Its a nice finish, grips on the sides, half its cloudy and half clear.

Also this case doesn't add much bulk to the phone, its big enough to begin with.

ShaneU wrote: »

€14 including postage

AntiRip wrote: »
    €14 including postage

Buy something else at the same time then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/230714550887?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3317wt_1348
    I got this one, picture doesn't do it complete justice. Its a nice finish, grips on the sides, half its cloudy and half clear.

Also this case doesn't add much bulk to the phone, its big enough to begin with.

Tempted to try this out, cheap too so no harm if i don't like it. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Benzino wrote: »

http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Cases-International/Case-Mate-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Barely-There-Cases.asp

€19 in CPW I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I got the cheapest case ever:
    Amazon linky
    It's actually quite good! It's a hardish plastic. You can still slip your phone into jeans pocket (the gel type ones get stuck), the plastic offers decent protection around the edge, it's thick enough so the camera and flash are protected if you put it on a flat surface, and it fits very well.
    Looks a bit cheap though, but has perfect functionality, even a nice grip around the edge. I didn't bother with the screen protector you get with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Amazon linky
    It's actually quite good! It's a hardish plastic. You can still slip your phone into jeans pocket (the gel type ones get stuck), the plastic offers decent protection around the edge, it's thick enough so the camera and flash are protected if you put it on a flat surface, and it fits very well.
    Looks a bit cheap though, but has perfect functionality, even a nice grip around the edge. I didn't bother with the screen protector you get with it.
    I've the same one. Used it for about 2 weeks until my cheap eBay Nokia phone holder arrived. Phone doesn't fit with the case on, so took the case off and it hasn't been put back on since. Screen protector was a very welcome bonus when I bought (also off eBay).

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Amazon linky

I already linked that one above. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

@ShaneU

Don't be a smartass. That's sold by a third party seller not Amazon so you can add what you want but you won't get free shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Sorry, forgot that if someone else links it, I'm not allowed link it to and give my own pros and cons of it :rolleyes:
    Another con, hard to plug some headphones into it, might have to trim it.

• Advertisement

@ShaneU

Don't be a smartass. That's sold by a third party seller not Amazon so you can add what you want but you won't get free shipping.

It's fulfilled by amazon so you're dead wrong, I got it with free shipping myself

Advertisement