Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Help

Options
  • 12-02-2011 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been working on SEO for my since June and the Google page rank just wont increase and I'm finding it hard to rank for my key words. Would anyone be willing to take a quick look at the site and provide some comments on why my SEO stuff hasn't been working please.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

first step would be to provide us with a link

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

... provide some comments on why my SEO stuff hasn't been working please.
    I suppose the most important comment anyone can make is "forget about toolbar page rank".

It's not what google use in their actual calculations, it's a very rough figure at best, it's out of date by the time you see it, it's only updated sporadically, even when it is updated and relatively fresh it's pretty meaningless, etc. etc.. It should be very low on the list of priorities, if on the list at all.

There are far more important factors to look at and focus on. Changing your attention to those will no doubt help you to achieve better results.

How is your traffic performing (increasing/decreasing)? Are your pages ranking for the target keywords? Are you targeting the right keywords? Have you a realistic chance to rank for the keywords you're targeting? Are you attracting relevant traffic? Is the traffic converting? Is the site architecture promoting your most important pages correctly? Do users find the site easy to use/navigate? Is the content you're producing providing users with the information/service/etc they need? Is the content good enough to make them want to share it?

Focusing on these far more important, relevant and beneficial areas will, in the end, also result in your TPR moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

first step would be to provide us with a link

Any link yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Hanneman213

Thanks for the feedback guys,

The site is http://www.unifiedinjury.com

The traffic is faily static at the moment, in or around 12-20 hits a day.

We're trying to rank for long tail keywords such as "Chicago personal injury lawyer", "Chicago auto accident lawyer, etc

Could you guys please look at the sites content and let me know what might work better.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Thanks for the feedback guys,

The site is http://www.unifiedinjury.com

The traffic is faily static at the moment, in or around 12-20 hits a day.

We're trying to rank for long tail keywords such as "Chicago personal injury lawyer", "Chicago auto accident lawyer, etc

Could you guys please look at the sites content and let me know what might work better.

Thanks

If you're trying to rank highly for those phrases they should be your page title (remove the pipes '|'), and mentioned in your h1 too, mention your key phrases in the content too and use the <strong> tag with them. Try get inbound links using your key phrases as your anchor text. You don't have a meta description, it won't help your ranking but will increase your CTR.

Consider putting a truncated version of your latest blog posting on the homepage with a link to the full posting, don't use JavaScript to do this as the bots won't see it, I use RSS2HTML, it's a php script so it's rendered server-side which means the bots see it - http://www.rss2html.com/. Otherwise your SEO doesn't look too shabby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement