Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin é closing tomorrow

• 12-02-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

Sad news about sin e closing, one less place for Irish micro beers, owner gave high rents as a reason, whenever I was there it was packed so didn't expect it to go.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

There is a thread about it over on the Dublin City forum:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056172322

It is a shame, the place always seemed to be busy, and they served up beers that weren't the usual swill. I was a bit miffed when they got rid of Galway Hooker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Was there on the Saturday for the last proper night, great vibes in the place and the dj spun up a storm, was talking to the owner at the end, bloke called Kieran, I didnt know that he'd set up the Dublin Brewing Company in 1996, it was a great venue in Smithfield until it closed and the first place I tasted Irish micro brews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I knew Kieran years ago in NY - went on a "research" tour of a bunch of the local brewpubs at the time. I aways wondered what happened to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

SBWife wrote: »
    I knew Kieran years ago in NY - went on a "research" tour of a bunch of the local brewpubs at the time. I aways wondered what happened to him.

He still has The Dice Bar another great pub around the corner in Queen St. It also serves his brews (D'arcys, Revolution Red etc) check it out, he does be behind the bar a lot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It also serves his brews (D'arcys, Revolution Red etc)
    He brews Revolution, but "D'Arcy's" is a re-badge of an English beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Only just found out it opened again a few months ago – March I'm told. They must have sorted out the rent situation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

grizzly wrote: »
    Only just found out it opened again a few months ago – March I'm told. They must have sorted out the rent situation.
    New tennant, AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Thought it was the Sin É in Cork you ment OP!

Advertisement