Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politically correct discrimination

• 12-02-2011 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

I have been banned from the faux mens issues forum the "gentlemans club" again.

I don't expect to get a fair hearing here, but I was threatened with being banned for posting an article to a study because the research said something that contraviened politically correct speech code.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/03/10/suicide-rate-greater-among-divorced-men-research-finds/

(March 10) — American men are four times more likely than women to take their own lives. It’s a troubling phenomenon, rooted in such factors as genetics, upbringing and even career choice. But a growing body of research suggests that divorce is one of the major culprits in suicides among adult males.

Women, however, seem immune to the stress and sadness that can be wrought by the end of a marriage.

The last sentence that I quoted was deemed to be "ignorant".

Here are some details about the "ignorant" researcher and the study.

"Dr. Justin Denney, a sociologist at the University of Colorado, is studying the relationship between family structure and suicide rates. He's using national data collected on over 1 million people, and their households, to pinpoint how family dynamics can precipitate, or protect against, suicide mortality.

Denney's research is the first to examine so many cases at a national level, but experts have been aware of the link between divorce and men's suicide risk for decades. According to a compilation of research published by JRank and confirmed by Denney, suicide rates are higher among divorced men, and lowest among those still married. Single men fall somewhere in between."

It seems in the gentlemans club, politically correct speech code and the fear of possibly offending a woman out ranks male suicide.

Even this feminist funded mens issues site that I post on is more open to frank discussion of mens issues than the "gentlemans club" and has not shown any hostility to my freedom of speech.

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/marriage-just-dont/

Move with the times gentlemans club, take your balls back out of which ever handbag they are currently kept in and allow men to talk about the issues that effect them without any fear of breaching politically correct speech and thought codes.

I'd like a full apology made to me, all men and the families, both immediate and extended and friends of men that have taken their own lives after a difficult divorce to be published on the "gentlemans club" forum and my to be ban lifted.

Many thanks.

Reward

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

The last line of your last post on that thread:
    Now ban me for posting an article about a study, you PC, gynocentric drones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Reward

tbh wrote: »
    The last line of your last post on that thread:

I was going to be banned with out without that last line. Its not about that, its about censorship along politically correct speech and thought guidelines and fear of modern blasphemy.

Further reading on politically correct magical thinking and censorship .. as you can see the tone of the debate changing ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/science/08tier.html?_r=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Congratulations, Reward, you're a martyr for your cause.

Ban confirmed.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Reward

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Congratulations, Reward, you're a martyr for your cause.

Ban confirmed.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Of course it is, cant be publishing articles about studies that contravene PC speech and thought code.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You are somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophesy aren't you?

"I'm going to insult the mods as sure they're going to ban me anyway".

Disappointing. I was almost hoping this thread had merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I don't think there is an issue here. Closing thread and marking resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement