Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divers watch taking on water....

Options
  • 12-02-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Got my Casio watched services by a jewellers in Dundrum SC. Dropped them in, told it'd take a week or so because I wanted it resealed & tested by Casio, otherwise whats the point. So waited what turned out to be 2 weeks, collected them yesterday, piad my €50. Put the watch on this morning, headed out to work & by 12 it was full of condensation.

Am I right to demand a NEW watch off the jewellers? As water & electricity dont mix, even if they dry it out it HAS had moisture inside it & this will continue to errode away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

water and electricity work perfectly its the stuff in the water thats the problem ;) if they cleaned it with purified water and there was no previous corrosion it would be fine but if it was used in the sea odds of corrosion are faily high so possily yes you would.
    it begs the real question, why bring a watch to a jewelers you want tested by casio :confused: bring it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

rex-x wrote: »
    water and electricity work perfectly its the stuff in the water thats the problem ;) if they cleaned it with purified water and there was no previous corrosion it would be fine but if it was used in the sea odds of corrosion are faily high so possily yes you would.
    it begs the real question, why bring a watch to a jewelers you want tested by casio :confused: bring it yourself

If the jewelers the op brought it to are authorised dealers of casio watches then he did the right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Yeah the jewellers are dealers. So i figured I'd have gilt edged quality going to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Bring it back to the jewellers and show it to them (leave it on your arm so that it's fogged up when you get there).

They'll probably want to send it back to Casio to get fully checked out.

Advertisement