Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky satellite installation

• 12-02-2011 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i currently have 2 seperate sky boxes running from a sky dish perfect in 2 seperate rooms and am trying to put another box in another room. the proble im having is when i connect up my 3rd box it says (no satellite signal being received) how do i rectify this problem.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Check your cable,even a simple thing as an incorrectly fitted f-connector can cause problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

mackey147 wrote: »
    i currently have 2 seperate sky boxes running from a sky dish perfect in 2 seperate rooms and am trying to put another box in another room. the proble im having is when i connect up my 3rd box it says (no satellite signal being received) how do i rectify this problem.

many thanks

I assume you do have a quad lnb and you are not trying to split a cable from a dual lnb? If not then as zerks says f connector issue most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mackey147

I assume you do have a quad lnb and you are not trying to split a cable from a dual lnb? If not then as zerks says f connector issue most likely

i have disconnected one box brand name pace, and tried to just connect the box onto that and it still wont work, would the problem have anything to do with the fact im putting a grundig box on and its set for a pace box? do i have to change settings in anyway shape or form.

much obliged for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Could be a faulty box. Those old Grundig Sky boxes weren't the most reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Have you tried your working box in the third room?

• Advertisement
Advertisement