Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machines & Drains (2 bed)

Options
  • 12-02-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I've just noticed that since I put my washing machine on this afternoon that the drain outside the back door is completely over-flowing and pouring across the patio every time the machine refills :(

I know very little about plumbing or drains so just wondering if anyone else has seen the same problem in Charlesland? Is it likely to be just me or something more inter-connected? Is there anything I can do? (apologies if this is already covered in another thread...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Sounds like a blockage.

If you can pop the plastic cover on the drain, get something long and flexible and try break up the blockage.

If that doesn't work the blockage is further on and you may require Dyno-Rod.

http://www.dynorod.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

KELLY DRAIN MAINTENANCE SERVICES LTD, GREYSTONES, CO WICKLOW, IRELAND. 01-2875670, 087-6392123

Might be closer to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

sounds like the back inlet gully is blocked - most probably filled with grease and now it has built up too much and won't shift. Needs a good rodding! Do you get a nice stench from the drain? - it'd be the grease!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement