Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 year old panasonic plasma dying

Options
  • 12-02-2011 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi my 3 1/2 year old Telly has just developed a problem.A thin blue line about one pixel wide has appeared from top to bottom of screen.After some googling it appears this is a common fault with these Tellys.

There is no cure it's just going to get worse and worse apparently :(

When I bought the TV they were advertising a five year warranty but when I bought it in DID they had no forms for this,I tried getting a form numerous times from DID but they never materialized.

Now my question is under the sale of goods act have I any sort of claim I can make to get the TV fixed. Will I be covered ya reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Inbox wrote: »
    Hi my 3 1/2 year old Telly has just developed a problem.A thin blue line about one pixel wide has appeared from top to bottom of screen.After some googling it appears this is a common fault with these Tellys.

There is no cure it's just going to get worse and worse apparently :(

When I bought the TV they were advertising a five year warranty but when I bought it in DID they had no forms for this,I tried getting a form numerous times from DID but they never materialized.

Now my question is under the sale of goods act have I any sort of claim I can make to get the TV fixed. Will I be covered ya reckon?
    You should be covered as the tv is not reasonably durable and should realistically last a lot longer than 3 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Hi just found the receipt for the Telly, €1349 I paid in may 2007 :eek:. I'll be in touch with DID and see what they say. I'll keep this thread updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Considering price paid and.the use and it is really designed to last longer you should be looking at a free repair by the retailer who should then apply to the manufacturer for their costs back. You should not be told you must go through the manufacturer as your contract is with the sellers not the makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

You're entitled to a repair on this. I know people in other various circumstances (on other threads) have been messed about by different retailers, but considering the price paid vs time used, DID would want to have some neck to try fob you off. Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

First step taken today,I rang DID today and explained to the guy who picked up the phone,his smart allic and know it all answers made me smile,then I asked for a more senior person to deal with.I explained to him and then the bit about the sale of goods act 1980,so now he wants me to send in a letter and a copy of the receipt. So let's see how that goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement