Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using different dual cards

Options
  • 12-02-2011 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. Quick question. I have a 9800gt in the computer atm and have a HD 6870 on the way. IS it possible to link cards of different makes? Ive seen alot about people using another card just for PsyicX and was wondering would it be possible to do it with these 2 cards although they are a different make?

I will need to find out how to actually do that too but that can be worried about later

Cheers Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

The brands don't matter.

http://www.overclock.net/ati/591872-how-run-physx-windows-7-ati.html
    This is the ATI Physx mod that will let you use the nvidia card for physx.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hally_89

Brilliant cheers should make the graphics alot better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Hally_89 wrote: »
    Brilliant cheers should make the graphics alot better
    only improves 4-5 games, Batman AA, Mafia 2 anf Metro 2033 being the most notible

Ì did it with a 8800gtx for a while but took it out. Not that much difference in most games and you're powering an extra high-end graphics card for a handful of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hally_89

Ya might just sell it so. The games i play the most would be games like flight sim and gta so wont do much for them by the looks of it

• Advertisement

It's handy to have a spare card around in case anything happens your new card.

Advertisement