Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hire merc for a wedding

Options
  • 12-02-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

getting married in sligo town in may this year - need wedding car but have been getting quotes of 450 up. anyone know of anywhere cheaper or if you could just hire something like a merc for the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Yer man out of Cawley's Hotel in Tubbercurry used to hire out his old Roller.

Think he was ill and may not do it now, but it would be a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at www.weddingwizardsmayo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Also these guys are worth a look

http://www.qcars.ie/

I imagine they will be quite reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

This might come across as a smart reply but it's by no means intended to be.

If your not looking for a rare/vintage car and just a Mercedes, would there not be someone going to the wedding that might have one that you could ask to use for the day.
    After all, it could save you the €450 upwards that you have quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Hi there
    when we got married in 2006 (on the june bank hol weekend) we rented a bmw from hertz. we got married on the friday so booked it for two day. fri morning to sunday morning. Hertz don't open on the sunday so we couldn't return it and since it was a bank holiday we couldnt return it on the monday either :D
    Had the car for four days but only charged for two. my brother in law drove us to the church/hotel on the day. Worked out quite well and cheaper too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 matluka

Have to say we did the same.......but it was my brother that had the fancy car and we got him to drive us.....saved us a bob:rolleyes:......plus it was pouring rain the day we got married and nobody stood about looking to see how I arrived or how we left.....it could have being on an ass & cart for all the guests knew:D

Weddings are really such a rip off.....and alot of these people in the business of doing business @ weddings still havent figured that we are in a bloody recession:eek:.....the prices they try to charge.....and expect to get away with:confused:..................shop around.....think outside the box;)

Advertisement