Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charville castle Ghost?

• 12-02-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Some friends of mine are down in Charville at the moment making a music video (you can see the camera tracks on teh left) and one of them took this photo

It was taken less than an hour ago and there is a very distinct shape of a young girl in the foreground.

Once you see it it's hard to miss it, and I have to say, it freaked me out a little bit.

What do you's make of it?

3CDC9D71BE554358949030B9CAA89366-0000323155-0002162112-00480L-EF79A2425CCF480FBBEE38B310A59466.jpg

Tal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I didnt see her at first. She seems to be wearing some old world clothes too, looks very like a little girl alright.

Was It a camera phone pic?

If this was Nearly April 1st Id be a bit suspicious of your post here, but yup freaky alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Was It a camera phone pic?

I'm not sure...

Personally, with the black top and bottom, it looks like it might have been a camera phone taking a picture of a screen or something.

Perhaps it was caught on video when they were making the music video and this is a still image from that? I don't know

I'll text them and ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im messing around with the pic in photoshop.. You can 100% make out a sort of dress..

I keep thinking her eyes are the curves in the chair. I can kinda make out a nose and mouth.

EDIT:

Just doing a bit of googling.. A little girl called harriet died there fell down the from the 4th floor while sliding on the banister.. Now.. Spooky

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Lol. I'm pretty sure it's a doll - there's a couple of them lying about the staircase and library, and I'm pretty sure that's the dress they're wearing.

It looks like a TV being used for playback in a darkroom - so it's probably someone holding the doll towards the TV screen, and the light from the TV illuminating it enough to cause a reflection.

Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I took images of every doll I saw there, they look a bit smaller? i reckon Fajitas is dead on with his theory.

She does look an awful lot like Emily the Strange !

(mental note to self: this year, sleep in tent outside again. DO NOT sleep in the castle!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Tal thats pretty freaky.... someone explain it away please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Actually, I deffo think you're right Faj, do you see the corner of the room in the reflection too? Just under the girls arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Waking-Dreams

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Tal thats pretty freaky.... someone explain it away please

It's nothing to freak out over. Humans are pattern seeking mammals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMqDIXsLm8&playnext=1&list=PL24138E05E8CF650F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Reflection on the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Could be this lady's reflection?!
    26DB6FA4C80C4F598860FED2D3304326-500.jpg
    Are there tv's in the room?! I don't remember seeing any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If the guys are shooting a music video, they'll have screens along with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Gah stop being so logical you lot.

It's a ghost, and shes just giving a little warning to you lot for when you all go back with your fancy schmancy cameras.
    Shes waiting..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Pfft..! Why would anyone be scared of a ghost that can't even reflect tiny bit light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I just google Charlaville Castle and found this:

"For decades Charleville has been visited by parapsychologists, paranormal investigators and documentary makers hoping to capture photographic or video evidence of the many phenomena reported throughout the years. Orbs (spectral light balls) are frequently seen in the building and the grounds. Legends say the castle was built on the site of an ancient druid burial ground. During the plague in the middle ages the same spot was used as a burial ground, and sick people were buried alive to prevent the spread of the black plague. There are many different types of supernatural presences including the spirit of young girl who fell to her death from a staircase banister."

link here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Could we ...enhance that ? :D

Sorry. Saturday night, hot whiskeys... I know, won't do it again. :o

It does look freaky, but it really does look like a doll. I can't see reflection of anything else, like a corner of room or something ? :confused:

Spare a thought for hubby who's staying in a haunted castle for music's sake too tonight :p. Different castle though, probably different music too.
    this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8PShzBHqc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I just google Charlaville Castle and found this:

"For decades Charleville has been visited by parapsychologists, paranormal investigators and documentary makers hoping to capture photographic or video evidence of the many phenomena reported throughout the years. Orbs (spectral light balls) are frequently seen in the building and the grounds. Legends say the castle was built on the site of an ancient druid burial ground. During the plague in the middle ages the same spot was used as a burial ground, and sick people were buried alive to prevent the spread of the black plague. There are many different types of supernatural presences including the spirit of young girl who fell to her death from a staircase banister."

link here

Historical accuracy and fact facepalm.

Advertisement