Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

volunteering in Laois

• 12-02-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi Lovely People,

I have am on JSB thus have some free time besides Job Hunting. I would like to volunteer but can find no laois volunteer sites etc. I am based in Portlaoise, no car at moment so would have to be in the local area , am in my early 30's and have sales, office, retail and management experience.

any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Partay Pooper!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

what type of volunteering are you looking to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

i don't mind, I suppose wherever my skills can put to use.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Foróige run youth clubs. i don't know if they are looking for someone but you can try the contact numbers for Laois even if they can't help you volunteer with them maybe they know of other organisations that might need help.
    Maybe you could help out with animals Laois SPCA
    For helping to organise the laois community games

There doesn't appear to be a volunteer centre near you from volunteer.ie but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

The Portlaoise unit of the order of Malta would be a very busy unit. Might not be what your looking for and apart from working with a great bunch of guys you will also learn some great skills which you can bring home with you.

Email portlaoise@orderofmalta.ie for more info if you are interested

Advertisement