Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hi im looking to buy pioneer cdjs and djm not sure witch ones

• 12-02-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

problem is iv looked at a few like cdj 1000mk3 and 850 900 and 2000 and 800 djm 1000 and 2000 that im interested in but just cant make up my mind any ideas thanks ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

All depends on how much money you want to spend,

Id suggest the CDJ 400's, has pretty much all the capability of the higher range models along with usb support. Or you can splash out for the new CDJ 350s if you have the spondoolas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

If you can afford the 1000 mk3s I'd go for them, maybe pick up a pair second hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

If you can afford the 1000 mk3s I'd go for them, maybe pick up a pair second hand.

Yup...Probably the best option if you've got the money! Looking through adverts, there seems to be a few sets including a mixer for reasonable money!
    Then again if you only want them for bedroom use, something like the CDJ 400's...or the newer model 350's would be ideal.

It seems to be the great debate these days so I'll throw it out there, How bout a laptop and good controller?
    If your serious about DJ-ing buying a good Macbook would only be half the cost of my 1000 MK3's almost 2 years ago.
    I think it comes back to the "touch of the masters hand", any gear in the hands of a competent person can put on a great show.

Say 13inch Macbook Pro - 1200
    Traktor Pro - 99 (or bundled with the X1 - 298)
    Usb Soundcard - 100

Giving you a rough idea of 1600...not bad for starters when you consider the price of the new CDJ's!

Its all down to preference really, either way, happy mixing!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ed warren

Yup...Probably the best option if you've got the money! Looking through adverts, there seems to be a few sets including a mixer for reasonable money!
    Then again if you only want them for bedroom use, something like the CDJ 400's...or the newer model 350's would be ideal.

It seems to be the great debate these days so I'll throw it out there, How bout a laptop and good controller?
    If your serious about DJ-ing buying a good Macbook would only be half the cost of my 1000 MK3's almost 2 years ago.
    I think it comes back to the "touch of the masters hand", any gear in the hands of a competent person can put on a great show.

Say 13inch Macbook Pro - 1200
    Traktor Pro - 99 (or bundled with the X1 - 298)
    Usb Soundcard - 100

Giving you a rough idea of 1600...not bad for starters when you consider the price of the new CDJ's!

Its all down to preference really, either way, happy mixing!!:D
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2tek

Deepends on what you intend to do with the CDJs.. if you are planning to be using it with DVS e.g Traktor or Serato then i ll suggest you get the 900 or 2000 (Those two will also allow you to play from a single Thumb Drive)
    850 will be good for CDs and A Pair of Thumb drives
    350/400 for the bedroom (Doesnt look pro IMHO)
    800/1000 really i dont know why you ll wanna buy any of those :confused:

You can use any of em in reality to control software only that you ll have to use timecode cds with the ones that aint natively supported.

Good luck with your choice

the Gear dont make the DJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

2tek wrote: »

350/400 for the bedroom (Doesnt look pro IMHO)

the Gear dont make the DJ

Gear doesn't make the DJ yet you got to look "pro" while doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

RMD wrote: »
    Gear doesn't make the DJ yet you got to look "pro" while doing it?

Agreed. Don't go on looks. Many people use the 400/350's are bedroom units but can easily cope with a club install as the 1000 range is the same basic layout.

I would also suggest looking at the laptop route but do buy a MacBook. PC's and especially Windows are useless. If your a student, you can pick up a MacBook Pro for about €1000. Add a USB Sound Card and a controller (I have a LaunchPad) and a decent mixer, you'll have change out of €1500.

Behringer have just launched a USB mixer range, so if Traktor comes out to support that, you can do away with the USB card. All you'll need is a controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

ironclaw wrote: »
    Agreed. Don't go on looks. Many people use the 400/350's are bedroom units but can easily cope with a club install as the 1000 range is the same basic layout.

Right now the 400s are perfect for bedroom use in that they'll take USB keys and will hold their value if the OP decides he doesn't like CDJs, he'll be able to sell them on for roughly the same price even a few months down the line. The 350s have the Rekordbox capability which is very handy but they'll lose a bit of value if bought new obviously. OP I'd say go with the 400s, best compromise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

RMD wrote: »
    Right now the 400s are perfect for bedroom use in that they'll take USB keys and will hold their value if the OP decides he doesn't like CDJs, he'll be able to sell them on for roughly the same price even a few months down the line. The 350s have the Rekordbox capability which is very handy but they'll lose a bit of value if bought new obviously. OP I'd say go with the 400s, best compromise.

Sorry, I probably wasn't too clear. Basically I was saying what you just said. Buy the 400's and if you ever get a club slot etc at least you'll have experience on Pioneer gear or have good resale value if not. As with all Pioneer gear, the resale value is always quite good.

Advertisement