Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aviva Stadium Tour??

• 12-02-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

Hi, have any of you been on the Aviva 'Tour'?

I just bought tickets on boards deals - 8euro for two tickets, instead of 20 - think it willfill an hour or two over the mid-term break from school for the little fella. Basic question is do you get to go onto the pitch? It doesn't say on their website - talks about the changing rooms and the tunnel...but he only wants to know if he'll get to be on the pitch. Tried ringing them but couldn't get an answer. Any of you been??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You won't get on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Have you been?

It says on the website that you'll get to 'walk down the players tunnel' ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

They definitely won't let people onto the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I can't think of any stadium tour that actually lets you on the pitch.

Ok...but when you get to walk down the tunnel (this might sound stupid, sorry), will they let you out of the tunnel, near the sideline even??? Like will he get to view the stadium the way a player might?

Or do you turn around half way down the tunnel and go home:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The usual would be pitchside, maybe as far as the dugout.

Pitchside would do:D

bottom line is he wants to see the stadium the way a player would...so he'll be delighted with pitchside, thanks. No one here done it, no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Most stadium tours are pretty generic. They'll start off around the changing rooms, head down the tunnel, have a look pitchside, maybe a photo in the managers dugout, then they'll bring the group up into one of the stands for a talk and then into the trophy room. Anfield and San Siro were much the same if I recall properly.

But they'll never let you onto the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What boards deal is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Fittle wrote: »
    Ok...but when you get to walk down the tunnel (this might sound stupid, sorry), will they let you out of the tunnel, near the sideline even??? Like will he get to view the stadium the way a player might?

Or do you turn around half way down the tunnel and go home:(

Surely. In Old Trafford they brought us out and down to where Fergie and the players sit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I would suggest using the tour to analyse security weaknesses and then breaking in later for a kick about on the pitch,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

since ya said he was little..when ye get near the pitch tell him to run onto to it.that way youl get to run on it as well chasing after him:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

They definitely won't let people onto the pitch.

Well he is probaly Irish so thats a given.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    I would suggest using the tour to analyse security weaknesses and then breaking in later for a kick about on the pitch,

Or attend a game and jog past the stewards..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    Or attend a game and jog past the stewards..

This you :pac:

INPHO_00415548.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There is no chance of getting on the pitch.
    In all the tours of stadiums I've done, I've never been allowed on the pitch.
    You go down the tunnel where the players go down towards the pitch, stop at edge of the pitch, take photos etc but no way will you ever get on the pitch.
    If they did tours and let people onto the pitch, it would get ruined.
    You will see the changing rooms, parts of the stadium you wouldn't get near, stands, press box, corporate box, down the tunell, along the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

I did the tour after the Russia game last year.

They take you into the press room, into the changing rooms, the tunnel, and pitch side. You aren't allowed onto the pitch, and there is a cordon around the grass but you can take like one step on it, well, you're not supposed to, but I did :D

Then they take you into the stands in the West side, lower tier, beside the player's seats and the where the president sits, then they take you up to the upper tiers.

It's not the best tour I've been on, compared to Celtic Park and Croke Park, but it is worth doing never the less.

It lasts around 45 mins to 1 hour.

The guide didn't really tell us anything other than the bare essentials, but if you ask them they seem to know almost everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

On a school trip once, we ran onto the Croke Park pitch...

then we all got fcuked out :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This you :pac:

Nope, I'm out of shot to the right. That's some stupid lad....and a lad in a black jacket :pac:

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »

As usual?

That's a bit harsh - I'm only confused about the offside rule normally. I've got a few of the boards deals and the citydeals lately so apologies for the confusion:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for replies, he's delighted that he'll get to be on the sideline at least...and might even make a dash onto the pitch (not that it's something I'd encourage...of course;))

Advertisement