Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool, UK

Options
  • 12-02-2011 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I might have a job opportunity in Blackpool in the next few weeks, and I'd like to know if anyone here has ever visited or lived there? What is the night life like, recreation, cost of living etc?
    What were your experiences, good and bad? Is it generally a good place to live, or would it be a total kip of a place like some of those Northern English cities?

All opinions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i like blackpool to visit and have been doing so past 15-16 years or so

nightlife is good especially friday-sunday nights when its packed between the central and north, its obviously a huge magnet for stags and hens so be wary of that, during the days mostly families on the streets as pleasure beach theme park is a big draw, the illuminations in autumn is a big draw tourist wise, outside the bars/clubs/themepark/piers/other attractions blackpool is alot like other north western english towns yes, thats not to say thats all bad because off the beaten track you can find really cheap bars/place to eat compared to those in the more touristy parts of town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel.

Advertisement