Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelled Sky Cards

• 12-02-2011 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I recently cancelled my Sky sub and have two cancelled Sky cards now, one blue with a yellow house on it and one of the newer white cards.

Are they of any use? Can they be used as FTV cards if I passed them onto someone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They're useless unless you decide to resubscribe,only UK cancelled cards are any use as they enable you to get FTV channels such as Fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I recently cancelled my Sky sub and have two cancelled Sky cards now, one blue with a yellow house on it and one of the newer white cards.

Are they of any use? Can they be used as FTV cards if I passed them onto someone else?

Might be handy for someone who wants to subscribe to Setanta on a separate box to their main skybox so they can have more viewing choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

The White ones have some value, interestingly enough cancelled Irish Sky cards still open the scrambled ITV channels and also Viva and LFCTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Sky cards are the property of sky at all times. You never own it. It should be sent back to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

irishgeo wrote: »
    It should be sent back to them.

Surely only if they ask you to do so. Sky will want you to keep the card in just in case you decide to resubscribe again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Surely only if they ask you to do so. Sky will want you to keep the card in just in case you decide to resubscribe again.

yes, what he says. It's only to be returned if they ask.

Advertisement