Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many of your friends are still virgins?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Nodferatu wrote: »
    im 27 and still a virgin.. yeah go ahead laugh away i dont give a ****.. i wont be around much longer anyways.
    looking for attention tbh. go to counselling. No point humoring him by asking him questions about it, that is how PI deals with this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

1 my mates still is and it's the most awkward thing going. When were all together talking bou sex and all we can't if he's there but the sad thing is he's not even trying to get laid and he's become really narky. The chap will become the 40 year old virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Go to America, Irish accent will automatically get you a ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My friend Jesus is a virgin. I asked him why he doesn't have a kid and he tells me it's because 'grandson of God' or 'granddaughter of God' just doesn't sound as cool as 'son of God'. And he's afraid the kid would go an ruin his reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

About a third (college age)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

College age, I'd guess a good few. Never really been an issue. I only really assue their not if their in a relationship or mention a previous one. People I know aren't really into hanging around bars or anything, so don't really go looking for randomers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

Sex is one of the best things I have paid for so I'm not a virgin... Don't think my friends are either, not after the last trip to Thailand at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Nodferatu wrote: »
    im 27 and still a virgin.. yeah go ahead laugh away i dont give a ****.. i wont be around much longer anyways.

Heading to Thailand ? Ye ,that should cure you within the first day .
    Sex is overated but when you have never had it it becomes the thing you can never stop thinking about .

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

I wish everybody would let go of their inhibitions of sex. ****ing Church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I'mm 22 and AFAIK one of my friends is a virgin. He's 21. I couldn't imagine being 22 and still a virgin. It'd just be hanging over you. I got the hole at 17.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I guess most of them are! Then again, I'm 18...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

anto2 wrote: »
    Heading to Thailand ? Ye ,that should cure you within the first day .
    Sex is overated but when you have never had it it becomes the thing you can never stop thinking about .
    Side question-how often have people on here have had really amazing mindblowing sex? Its only happened for me with one person really, and im wondering how rare it is.
    And were you in love with that person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'm in my 30's so it's not like any of my mates would be honest about it if they were :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

wasn't there a poll on boards before where 25% said they were virgins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    When you're younger, it's more common for a girl to be a virgin, they can afford to wait (while guys will shag anything)

When you get older, I think it's more common for a guy to be a virgin. Some guys just can't seal the deal. Whereas all a woman, ANY woman, has to do to seal the deal is raise an eyebrow.
    :rolleyes: jaisis they have no raising eyebrow smiley, we must be all virgins on here so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have 4-5 friends who are virgins (ages 20-22). It doesn't make a difference really. Most of them are girls who aren't necessarily waiting for the "right" guy but just a guy who they would feel comfortable enough with.

I think it's a bigger deal for girls, most of us feel like we need a connection with somebody before losing our virginity, but from my experience it's not the same with guys (just in my group of friends anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I usually don't probe but the majority of them are not virgins when I asked and they all had/have boyfriends when loosing it. Only very few of them are virgins at the moment. We are all in our 20's so its a fact but the majority of them waited until late teens to early 20's. No harm waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Side question-how often have people on here have had really amazing mindblowing sex? Its only happened for me with one person really, and im wondering how rare it is.
    And were you in love with that person?

I have had amazing sex here in Thailand several times .It depends on the chemistry between the couple .
    Am now marryied over here ,and although i love my wife sex with her is only going through the motions .I need a new fresh body to really get aroused .( easy to get here but my wife blows her top when she finds out )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

One of my friends is a virgin at 45. She was "saving herself" for the right person when she was younger and it became a really big deal so she never has. I have another friend who claims to be a virgin because she has not been with a man but I told her having been with dozens of women disqualifies her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't really hang around with anything underage so I'll go with none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

i am friend of mine lost hers at 14 :O 2 an absolute nacker..private school girl like!!! she was a babe back then 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have one friend who has me wondering ... but I'm not going to ask him - and if I did, would he tell me the truth anyway? It's none of my freakin' business. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

k4kate wrote: »
    I have another friend who claims to be a virgin because she has not been with a man but I told her having been with dozens of women disqualifies her.

This is an interesting concept. I'm of the same opinion as you, although I'd go further and say that, whether it's with someone of the opposite sex or not, ones first experience of "sexual pleasure, voluntarily and completely experienced", is your loss of virginity. Yes, that's a very Catholic quote, but look at secular research on the definition of 'virginity'.

Actually, I'll just stop writing on this for now and simply ask if we could have a poll on boardsies' definitions of 'virginity'? Pretty please?? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

One definitely is. Another one I have serious doubts about too though he's claimed to have been with a prostitute(s). Probably not the best way to lose it though!

Age bracket 24-26.

This is an interesting concept. I'm of the same opinion as you, although I'd go further and say that, whether it's with someone of the opposite sex or not, ones first experience of "sexual pleasure, voluntarily and completely experienced", is your loss of virginity. Yes, that's a very Catholic quote, but look at secular research on the definition of 'virginity'.

Actually, I'll just stop writing on this for now and simply ask if we could have a poll on boardsies' definitions of 'virginity'? Pretty please?? :o

Everyone knows lesbians are virgins forever :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

Lesbians are virgins
    I used to be a virgin
    Was i also then a lesbian???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

k4kate wrote: »
    Lesbians are virgins
    I used to be a virgin
    Was i also then a lesbian???:eek:

all lagers are beers but not all beers are lagers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

bluewolf wrote: »
    Everyone knows lesbians are virgins forever :pac:
    What about "the gays"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bah1011

i know one fella friend who is 26 who is a virgin. does anyone know the average age for someone to loose their virginity in Ireland

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement