Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get from Heuston Station to Broombridge Business Centre, Bannow Road?

Options
  • 12-02-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Dublin people, you're probably sick of these threads but could someone tell me which bus or LUAS to take from Heuston Station to Broombridge Business Centre on the Bannow Road? Ill be in town on Monday at 11am for an appointment at 1pm and I dont know my way around Dublin at all, thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Luas to busaras. walk to connolly and hop the commuter to maynooth, get of at broombridge and that's the bannow road. should be there in plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Okay that sounds easy, thanks a million Hynesie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Luas to busaras. walk to connolly and hop the commuter to maynooth, get of at broombridge and that's the bannow road. should be there in plenty of time.

It's NOT the Bannow Road! Pretty close though.

When you get off the train at Broombridge (you'll know it, it's the worst station in the country, it may not even have a sign to say it's broombridge but it's the station after Drumcondra) walk in the direction the train will be heading off in up the ramp and turn left out of the station, take the next left and that will bring you to Bannow Road, you'll find the Business Centre pretty easily from there.

Thanks people, are there any cafes or McDonalds or anything around that area where I could kill an hour or 2? Ill be on foot, had a look on Streetview but I didn't see much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks people, are there any cafes or McDonalds or anything around that area where I could kill an hour or 2? Ill be on foot, had a look on Streetview but I didn't see much.

Time the trains and kill the hour in dublin city centre, connolly station may be your best bet for tea/coffee/sandwich, when you get off just head straight for your appointment and back to the station.

PS: Don't take the right when you get off the train, you'll end up in Finglas South.:eek:. My locality.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »

Eh... no... there's nothing like that around there...

Round 2! Im coming in from Bray on the DART tomorrow morning, whats the best way to get to the Halfords in Coolock using public transport, any help appreciated, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

Get off the DART at Tara Street. Cross the Liffey. Get the 27 bus from Eden Quay. I think that's a good option, but I'm open to suggestions!

Sounds good...

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://maps.google.ie/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=coolock&aq=&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=3.78638,9.206543&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Coolock,+County+Dublin&ll=53.393208,-6.187363&spn=0.014792,0.035963&t=h&z=14&layer=c&cbll=53.394222,-6.189756&panoid=gdmbzHb7d8SOPVEi9peM3Q&cbp=12,345.75,,1,-8.79
    cor wrote: »
    Get off the DART at Tara Street. Cross the Liffey. Get the 27 bus from Eden Quay. I think that's a good option, but I'm open to suggestions!

Alternatively go to Connolly and get the 27, 42, 43 or 128 from across the road from Connolly Luas stop. Don't get the 42a/b as that takes you a on a merry tour.

Or go to Howth Junction and get a 17a to Coolock.

Or go to Clongriffen and get a 128 to Coolock.

If you want, get a 145 bus from Bray to the city and use a one day ticket (assuming you are going back to Bray).

Advertisement