Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no word from debt guys......?

Options
  • 12-02-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi all..
    Had a massive debt,5grand. That i couldnt pay about,absolutely no way, and not at the rate they wanted. They came after me with full guns,using a debt recovery agency,threatening letters,threatening calls..harrasment to the hills. The payments that i could afford were no way near good enough and they were trying to get me to take out another loan to refinance the first one...phew!

Towards the part where i started to get an ulcer form worry and stress, i rang Mabs to see what they could do. Had a few over the phone consultations and they told me that they would make some calls on my behalf and leave it with them..

a year and a half later....i receive a letter from another debt recovery agency.

What gives? Dont mind paying what i can afford
    Anyone any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

oh wait..just realised this might be wrong place to post this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi all..
    Had a massive debt,5grand. That i couldnt pay about,absolutely no way, and not at the rate they wanted. They came after me with full guns,using a debt recovery agency,threatening letters,threatening calls..harrasment to the hills. The payments that i could afford were no way near good enough and they were trying to get me to take out another loan to refinance the first one...phew!

Towards the part where i started to get an ulcer form worry and stress, i rang Mabs to see what they could do. Had a few over the phone consultations and they told me that they would make some calls on my behalf and leave it with them..

a year and a half later....i receive a letter from another debt recovery agency.

What gives? Dont mind paying what i can afford
    Anyone any advice

A few over the phone consultations with MABS would not have sorted things. The way its usually done is you go in to them and an offer is done up for each creditors. I would imagine the first agency closed off the account as they were not getting a resolution to it with mabs.

Often its rested and another agency then used at a later stage with the hope situation is better.

The time period aint an issue legally either. They can come back any time and chase you for it. Although they can only pursue through court within 6 years of last payment or acknowledgement of debt.

Do up a budget and send it in with an offer you can do and see what happens.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I would imagine the debt was resold to another agency. I would say the best thing to do at this stage is to contact them and mabs again, and try to come to some form of payment plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

cheers to all..you have really put my mind at ease. Will ring first thing on Monday morning.

Advertisement