Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

multi room who runs the cable?

• 12-02-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Thinking of finally giving in and getting multi room the thing is i only have one phone and its in the hall if i was to get multi room in the 3 rooms upstairs would the sky rep run all wires necessary? also I want multi room in 3 rooms upstairs and the living room i have 3 boxes already will sky allow me to buy just one new box or will they expect me to buy new boxes for all rooms??

thanks

danois

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ditch Sky and get UPC. Multiroom is €5 per room and no phone has to be connected. Cheaper than Sky as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭davlacey

just swap the lnb to a quad and you wont need to worry about phone lines or the multiroom charge you will have all the free to air channels which is good enough for the bedrooms, and if there was something you really wanted to watch in bed then swap the card from living room to the bedroom box for movie channels ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

davlacey wrote: »
    just swap the lnb to a quad and you wont need to worry about phone lines or the multiroom charge you will have all the free to air channels which is good enough for the bedrooms, and if there was something you really wanted to watch in bed then swap the card from living room to the bedroom box for movie channels ect.

Not as simple as that. You will need a sky box in each room for FTA. Also, you wont be able to get the premium channels by simply moving the card from room to room as the card must be paired to the box for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

i have the box's in 2 of the rooms upstairs free to air but want to have all the channels just not sure if i would have to have the phone line going into each room myslef or if sky would do it

Advertisement