Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Spanish Soccer replays

• 12-02-2011 9:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Am watching the Sporting Gijon V Barcelona match and I was wondering why when showing any replays from the game do they blur out the score ?

Ive noticed it , on Sky sports news also when ever they show any highlights from the spanish league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm guessing they get their picture from the Spanish broadcaster. SO they blur the graphics/logo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm guessing they get their picture from the Spanish broadcaster. SO they blur the graphics/logo

There broadcasting this game live at the moment , but at the half time analysis they blur out the score's .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I assume it's because Sky never show the score during ht/ft replays. That's the best i can offer you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

There broadcasting this game live at the moment , but at the half time analysis they blur out the score's .

It's 'scores'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its a very bizarre concept ,I cant really see the point of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

BOHtox wrote: »
    It's 'scores'

I bow to your wisdom o wise one , any way on topic I have searched online and can't find an answer,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

always wondered this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ye i always wondered this too, its annoying sitting down half way through the highlights and you have to wait for them to say the score before you know whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Who says sky are the ones blurring the scores? The replays might have been shown in Spain while Sky's ads were on and they might have blurred the scores in spain.

Could happen.

Strange ,there showing the sending off now with the scores in view and the same for the goal , but before they went on a break and showed a few highlights they were blurred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CorkMan wrote: »
    Who says sky are the ones blurring the scores? The replays might have been shown in Spain while Sky's ads were on and they might have blurred the scores in spain.

Could happen.

The Spanish broadcast has entirely different DOGS(digital on-screen graphics) to the feed Sky and the rest of the world use.

Sky/Rest of the worlds feed
    Canal+ one

So either Sky are blurring them out or whoever is in charge of the worldwide feed is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I've a feeling the illuminati are in on this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    The Spanish broadcast has entirely different DOGS(digital on-screen graphics) to the feed Sky and the rest of the world use.

So either Sky are blurring them out or whoever is in charge of the worldwide feed is.

I don't think Sky are using their own On-Screen-Graphic for Spanish football, so its probably a third party controlling it.

Reason I don't think its Sky is that in all other football matches they show the scores are colour coded but the Spanish games are monocolour., e.g, yesterday would have been MU 2 MC 1 on the screen.

Advertisement